Is Brady that good or has Gas gotten that bad?

Not sure who Tom is, but Brady looked like a world beater in there. I was actually a bit sad for Gastellum.

More proof that MW and above went to shit after the USADA era started.

Dominant fight by Tom, but didn’t really see much difference from any of his other fights
He’s a one trick pony, imo
But he’s 16-1 so there’s that
Is he that good ?
Was it a terrible match up?
Has Kelvin completely fallen off?
I don't see how you can call him a one trick pony. He looked great standing against Kelvin and his timing on the TDs was GSP-esque, as was his top control. Colby is a one trick pony who spams TDs but guys get up as he never threatens a stoppage or damage. He weaponizes cardio and pace but that is literally all he has. Sean does damage and has more ways to win. 16 wins with 8 decisions, 5 subs and 3 KOs. Thats exactly the opposite of "One Trick".

Kelvin looked very good in his last fight. Certainly he isn't at the peak of his career but he is very good and Sean made him look completely lost for nearly 2 and a half rounds.

Sean's grappling looked world-class.

Reminded me a lot of a prime Frankie Edgar.

I almost was going to make this post, word for word. Haha

I was surprised at how easily Brady threw him around the cage.
Imo it’s a shame Kelvin wasn’t at WW his whole career. He was close to beating Izzy too before he gassed.

Brady looked like his usual self.
10% better max.

Dominant fight by Tom, but didn’t really see much difference from any of his other fights
He’s a one trick pony, imo
But he’s 16-1 so there’s that
Is he that good ?
Was it a terrible match up?
Has Kelvin completely fallen off?
Brady's cardio looks improved

Brady's cardio looks improved
I think that had more to do with Kelvin not making him work at all. Sean was in control of everything, even on the feet, so it wasn't as taxing as his fights with Belal and Chiesa were.

Kelvin looked so slow, sloppy and it looked like he was gassing pretty quick.

It was one sided it seems, I missed it but saw highlights. Gastelum probably has one foot out the door.

Sean Brady looked so impressive he became "Tom"?

Gas has lost 6 of his last 8. What do you think?

Back