Is BJ PENN the most losingest "all time great" in combat sports history?

BJ is just like Randy, Hendo, Mark Hunt....

They constantly fought tough competition. Look who they lost to and when. They all had some great wins and great runs too.

This. They were fighting straight killers in most of their matchups.

Rich.
Bangin' hot wife.
Adorable kids.
UFC gold in two weight-classes.
One of the best - if not the very best - run at LW in UFC history.

Waht a loozah, brah!

Are you sure BJ PENN is rich buddy?

Becauause you cannot possibly know anything about MMA unless you are on sherdog. !!!! Some people have nothing else in life to bw proud of.

Yes HARDKORE is right...MMA didnt start until SHERDOG...Not only that you are REQUIRED to get a sherdog account if you know MMA!!

Bottom line is BJ PENN is the male version of Miesha Tate...didn't have any extreme weaknesses, but did NOTHING great.

Randy Couture lost over a third of his fights.

Hunt had a career renaissance after a long losing streak.

Ken Shamrock was likely cursed by a vengeful gypsy.

Not a good look to be the guy who needs BJ Penn's all time status explained to them. If it's not new fan ignorance then it's all the more shameful.

Maybe losingest, probably most losing, but definitely not most losingest. That's just not correct.

I agree with Couture. Pioneer of the sport and has been in there with the best. But has some bad losses.

TS is the biggest loser to never matter
<{anton}>
I totally agree with you.
Most Shertards I believe, spend way too much time online. They have to step beyond the front door to the little known 'outdoors'.

View attachment 240907

For some reason some people on here believe if you have more posts/likes or an old join date you are somehow higher up in society's eyes.

I've had other members on here call me white belt, comment on my join date....I don't really care, and ignore them.

But it is confusing why they feel they are somehow better; small world for them I suppose.

I've been following the UFC since inception, and started training Judo back in 1987 then TKD in 1989/1993. I was doing rear naked chokes and arm bars before some Sherdoggers were born.

But alas, since my join date is 2015 and I am white belt, apparently I know nothing compared to the 'long-timers'.

And to stay on TS's topic.....Randy Couture.
dont sweat it man...its like how you described in any other forums as well. its just the way it is...the interweb forums is a place where all the clark kent's without the superman persona get to take off their glasses and play the man of steel role. which reveals at least 80% of the world population are basically cowards... there's really no such thing as debating on forums because its really a disguised argument started by them. the kent's thrive on these "debates" so you cant really let it stress you out.

for example - the other dude i quoted... do you honestly believe if he was in the same restaurant as TS and if he had heard TS shit on penn's career he would actually walk up to him and tell him he's the biggest loser that never mattered...fuck no he wouldnt...dude would keep his mouth shut and just enjoy his meal because he knows in reality there are repercussions... such as... <codychoke>or possibly...<15>.......with a crowd of witness that'll be ...{<jordan}<bball2><36><KingstonFrown><Oku02>

if you got the <Y2JSmirk>and feel like having a little fun with the mugs you can stoop to their scouting report and be like <Bottle.gif>.... until they <mma1> \.............<Goldie11>............/ but its prob better to not even <DisgustingHHH> with it. whats the point when you know your the <{1-69}>.

Randy Couture is another one. Only went 19-11.

Lost a bunch, but was given a title shot every other fight. Therefore he never had a long title reign, but instead lots of micro reigns.
Good call. I think he and Penn would Couture are very overrated.

He took the most risks and it yielded some of the greatest wins and also more losses than if he had played it safe.

That's a real fighter and his HL reel is crazy awesome. There's good reason that he is Anderson Silva's favorite MMA fighter

Honestly I never really saw him as anything special. Just the right place at the right time, beating the right people at the most beneficial era in the eyes of many hardcores. Never have I ever heard so many excuses in justifying poor performance or loses from fans than with BJ Penn. There is a small but very loyal following for the guy because he was basically the McGregor of that time. Unfortunately his reign was brief and his downfall persistent.

Bottom line is BJ PENN is the male version of Miesha Tate...didn't have any extreme weaknesses, but did NOTHING great.

tenor.gif

sakuraba is in there too. never really won any titles though.

Randy Couture is another one. Only went 19-11.

Lost a bunch, but was given a title shot every other fight. Therefore he never had a long title reign, but instead lots of micro reigns.

maybe, but randy fought and beat a lot of top talent. penn was ruling a weak division at the time.

Many of his losses have come near the end of his career where he probably should have retired but chose to keep fighting, and the other losses are mostly against larger competition. His second defeat was against Lyoto Machida after all, can't blame him too much for that one.

true, his first loss against little eagle was recent fight against a much bigger guy.

and comparatively, all 3 times frankie spanked him, frankie had a feet and several pounds on him.

Yes HARDKORE is right...MMA didnt start until SHERDOG...Not only that you are REQUIRED to get a sherdog account if you know MMA!!

Let it all out, baby girl. I know you need a hug right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back