Is Bellator on the rise?

Sure if both people are willing to engage in it. I basically said I like what Bellator is doing and he goes off on his personal tangent.

Too many weird people populate these forums if you ask me.

First part: I did not follow the convo from the start
Second part: i agree 100% lol

Really? LOL
Kid, do me a favor, stop embarrassing yourself. As you can see, there are plenty of people here that are able to debate without any issues.
Look at you. You think your some jedi knight debating MMA or something. I dont even know you why would I want to argue with you. Your just a weird ass dude disparaging Bellator because you dont like Coker. It's bizare that I was discussing MMA and all this time you thought we were having a debate. WTF?

Last edited:
Look at you. You think your some jedi knight debating MMA or something. I dont even know you why would I want to argue with you. Your just a weird ass dude disparaging Bellator because you dont like Coker. WTF?

If both of you are continuing this, then you both are at fault ;)

Look at you. You think your some jedi knight debating MMA or something. I dont even know you why would I want to argue with you. Your just a weird ass dude disparaging Bellator because you dont like Coker. WTF? Get a life fool.

Can you please re-write it so it would look like something that came from a grown, responsible person and not from a 12 year old infantile kid?

The gap is too big.

Lack of superstars from the UFC's side doesn't help Bellator generate the interest , as ratings show. Even Bellator's "superstars" - Kimbo, Chael - did not help change the situation.

Honestly, I agree with you. I don't think it's "On the rise". It may seem that way to some, especially since the content is basically free and UFC PPV buys are down. Bellator should continue to build their own talent and give good content on cable / dish precisely because many of the UFC cast-offs aren't big draws. Bellator isn't a threat until they have their own "home grown" talent capable of fighting at the UFC level and generating interest among the majority of fans..

Bellator should continue to build their own talent and give good content on cable / dish precisely because many of the UFC cast-offs aren't big draws. Bellator isn't a threat until they have their own "home grown" talent capable of fighting at the UFC level and generating interest among the majority of fans..

The problem is...they don't continue building their own talent...they simple don't do that.
They provide them a platform,. that's it. They don't even market their own champs, let alone prospects.

They have enough of the UFC level talent. But generating interest about them...it's quite a mission impossible for Coker.
Let alone creating a "superstar" Ronda/Conor level - and no, Coker did not create Ronda as a star. UFC , Ronda and social media gags did, much after Strikeforce's death

The problem is...they don't continue building their own talent...they simple don't do that.
They provide them a platform,. that's it. They don't even market their own champs, let alone prospects.

They have enough of the UFC level talent. But generating interest about them...it's quite a mission impossible for Coker.
Let alone creating a "superstar" Ronda/Conor level - and no, Coker did not create Ronda as a star. UFC , Ronda and social media gags did, much after Strikeforce's death

Its tough to build stars.
The only fight 2x a year
The newer fans attention span is too short for that.
It is up to the fighter to keep people interested in-between

But lets look at Conor & RR. They both became draws by fighting a lot & staying in the public eye.
That is how you become a draw.
Not have a fight on Spike in front of 800k & take 9 months off

Depends what you mean by the rise. Theyre a legit alternative to UFC. I never said deeper or better or more talented, but an altermative to watch good MMA.

"UFC is dying, this lesser promotion is the future"

-Sherdog since 2001

UFC hate makes people blind.
Everybody talking ybout Rory beating Woodley as if he wasn't beat himself by 3 UFC fighters....

Bellator isn't able to put on fights like Romero-Whitaker, Khabib-Tony, Max-Ortega etc.
Closest would be Rory-Mousasi, but that isn't on the same level imo...

They got some good UFC level fighters though.

sick e30 in av brah.

Its tough to build stars.
The only fight 2x a year
The newer fans attention span is too short for that.
It is up to the fighter to keep people interested in-between

But lets look at Conor & RR. They both became draws by fighting a lot & staying in the public eye.
That is how you become a draw.
Not have a fight on Spike in front of 800k & take 9 months off

I think Ronda and Conor became draws unrelated to their fights.

Conor's star risen during his trash media talk in his injury period, AND due to UFC special poster contest they made for him. AND - and that's the most important thing - he had the potential all along. UFC recognized that from the very start.

Ronda simply clicked the worldwide audience. UFC gave her platform to appear on big TV, as they do to all their champions eventually once or twice. Ronda was the bait audience took.
Probably she was the right woman in the right place.

Now Bellator has very active fighters, and it's Coker's job to at least try to push them to public.
Chandler, for example, fought a lot, whether with the belt or not. Bellator constantly please him with good contracts so he won't leave. And where is his push? It doesn't exist.

Superstars are super rare thing, depends on a lot of factors, but Bellaforce do not know how to raise them anyway

Funny thing is that Coker's actually had some decent prospects signed to one-off contracts on the undercards, problem is, very rarely does he offer them a full-fledged contract regardless of how they do, so they actually end up going to LFA or other regional promotions.

Off the top of my head I can think of Eryk Anders. Beat a guy in less than 20 seconds in Bellator, didn't get a contract, then went back to LFA and won 2 bouts or so and got into the UFC. There's been a bunch of guys like that.

Lets not forget that in 2018 Coker and Bellator offers these guys 250 to fight and 250 to win so all in all 500 dollars... Yes 500, not 5000 or 50000 but 500USD.
It speaks volumes.

Lets not forget that in 2018 Coker and Bellator offers these guys 250 to fight and 250 to win so all in all 500 dollars.

Wasnt that only for a very small regional event and with two novices in mma?
Still not enough but that would put things into perspective.

And vice versa...but as far as overall popularity, production quality, fighters' level they were even
They were not even in North America, and Sherdog was and still is an American forum. What was bigger in Japan was not relevant when discussing the American market.

Bealltor is getting better right now, and putting more entertaining cards.

But my only complain is,
they should not separate all the grandprix fights.

Make it a round by round every event.

Back