Is Bellator on the rise?

I like that "Dumbfuck" with the capital D. Makes it sound solid.

And I was not trying to "provoke an argument", I was managing a debate from my side - something you failed to do coherently and intelligently from yours.
Apparently because you had no base and your points being thrashed by my responses.

Not even once.
What points? You're just being negative and moving goal posts.
Go back and reread how our conversation went down. you can also stop hitting my alerts with your trolling. Thats against the rules Flamer.

Last edited:
For peanuts. Do they get contracts in Bellator afterwards? Are there prospects that risen from these local undercards?Me thinks not.
Do they know any names of these fighters? Because if you don't, they might as well go to LFA or something,
Funny thing is that Coker's actually had some decent prospects signed to one-off contracts on the undercards, problem is, very rarely does he offer them a full-fledged contract regardless of how they do, so they actually end up going to LFA or other regional promotions.

Off the top of my head I can think of Eryk Anders. Beat a guy in less than 20 seconds in Bellator, didn't get a contract, then went back to LFA and won 2 bouts or so and got into the UFC. There's been a bunch of guys like that.

get a life man. go back and reread how our conversation went down. you can also stop hitting my alerts with your trolling. Thats against the rules Flamer.

I know how the conversation went down, and it was a normal debate without me missing any important point that you made.
That's why I specifically did so many quotes, in order not to miss anything. I actually debated with you with quite a dedication.

Of course, as I see now, you did not deserve it, because you're unable to have a conversation like a civilized person and turned it into a platform for your lame insults.

Off the top of my head I can think of Eryk Anders. Beat a guy in less than 20 seconds in Bellator, didn't get a contract, then went back to LFA and won 2 bouts or so and got into the UFC. There's been a bunch of guys like that.

Yeah, that pretty much proves my point.

Bellator undercard is meaningless. It's like any bush league. Maybe even worse, since bush league headliners might get attention due to them being headliners.

Funny thing is that Coker's actually had some decent prospects signed to one-off contracts on the undercards, problem is, very rarely does he offer them a full-fledged contract regardless of how they do, so they actually end up going to LFA or other regional promotions.

Don't forget he has them selling tickets too
Imagine a company that size using fighters that way?
Coker gets a pass for that & I'll never understand why.

I know how the conversation went down, and it was a normal debate without me missing any important point that you made.
That's why I specifically did so many quotes, in order not to miss anything. I actually debated with you with quite a dedication.

Of course, as I see now, you did not deserve it, because you're unable to have a conversation like a civilized person and turned it into a platform for your lame insults.
And thats whats wrong with you. There was no debate. I made and comment and you wanted to argue. By the time I caught on to your trolling. You had proceeded with insults and moving the goal posts to keep it going. Like I said, no one wants to talk with people like you except other trolls.

And thats whats wrong with you. There was no debate. I made and comment and you wanted to argue. By the time I caught on to your trolling. You had proceeded with insults and moving the goal posts to keep it going. Like I said, no one wants to talk with people like you except other trolls.

TBF ... Aimed isn't a troll
He can gnaw on a point like a bone lol
But he doesn't sign on to get a rise out of people

I'm not a UFC basher like most on here, and the UFC is still way ahead.. But bellator is slowly starting to make it competitive, and I like that.

Hopefully they start developing some young talent.

I cringe whenever people praise Coker for how he treats fighters. That Daley article was very eye-opening, even if it was Daley.

The only people you can say he treats "well" are the guys with names, and even then, you can hear them talking about how they're unhappy with Bellator for "X" reason, most of the time it being lack of fights. If you have your champions being very public about their dissapproval on how often they get fights, you have a pretty big problem imo.

Hehe

FNG officially stopped doing it recently AFAIK.
Pretty much shows the company that wants to show how it goes up to the next level

Mea culpa.

I also believe - I really do - that I'm VERY respectful with respectful people

UFC hate makes people blind.
Everybody talking ybout Rory beating Woodley as if he wasn't beat himself by 3 UFC fighters....

Bellator isn't able to put on fights like Romero-Whitaker, Khabib-Tony, Max-Ortega etc.
Closest would be Rory-Mousasi, but that isn't on the same level imo...

They got some good UFC level fighters though.

UFC can't put on fights like Khabib and Conor, Jones vs Anyone, Cyborg vs anyone worth a damn, or DJ vs anyone who can generate PPV buys. While I agree with what you typed; you, and other people are comparing UFC to Bellator. That isn't what this thread is about. It simply asks if Bellator is on the rise. I don't think it's "on the rise" as much as it's interesting and exciting right now especially since UFC has been plagued with problems like Rousey's fall from grace, Conor not fighting and his legal issues, Jones suspension, Whittaker getting sick, and whatever other problems have led to interim titles or such.

I honestly think the only reason the UFC hasn’t absorbed Bellator is because Bellator isn’t so much a competitor as it is a promotional side show for casual fans, it’s free advertising, the fights are fun and if you’re familiar with th UFC then chances are you will recognize most of the big names that Bellator advertises. They are creating mma fans

But bellator is slowly starting to make it competitive, and I like that.

I honestly believe that their peak in being competitive vs UFC was at the end of 2014.
When they started with PPVs plus actually made UFC bring Melendez some hugely overrated (in a good meaning fo this word) contract.

From there on, it's descending.

Hopefully they start developing some young talent.

This they don't do really. Besides letting them platform - but UFC does it as well, arguably better

He proved otherwise in this thread. Who in their right mind goes around thinking strangers want to have debates with them? Talking down to people and insulting them at the same time. It's whats wrong with this place if you ask me. I was discussing MMA and apparently he was looking for a debate.

Last edited:
UFC can't put on fights like Khabib and Conor, Jones vs Anyone, Cyborg vs anyone worth a damn, or DJ vs anyone who can generate PPV buys. While I agree with what you typed; you, and other people are comparing UFC to Bellator. That isn't what this thread is about. It simply asks if Bellator is on the rise. I don't think it's "on the rise" as much as it's interesting and exciting right now especially since UFC has been plagued with problems like Rousey's fall from grace, Conor not fighting and his legal issues, Jones suspension, Whittaker getting sick, and whatever other problems have led to interim titles or such.

The gap is too big.

Lack of superstars from the UFC's side doesn't help Bellator generate the interest , as ratings show. Even Bellator's "superstars" - Kimbo, Chael - did not help change the situation.

He proved otherwise in this thread. Who in their right mind goes around thinking strangers want to have debates with them? It's whats wrong with this place if you ask me.

Debates are part of MB discussions
If it gets too much, just bail out & ignore the person.

IMO debates are not bad, its when they never end & manipulate a thread.

Who in their right mind goes around thinking strangers want to have debates with them?

Really? LOL
Kid, do me a favor, stop embarrassing yourself. As you can see, there are plenty of people here that are able to debate without any issues.

I honestly think the only reason the UFC hasn’t absorbed Bellator is because Bellator isn’t so much a competitor as it is a promotional side show for casual fans, it’s free advertising, the fights are fun and if you’re familiar with th UFC then chances are you will recognize most of the big names that Bellator advertises. They are creating mma fans

There is a sort of symbiosis I believe. They don't even compete. And Bellator does not threat UFC in any way.

Baders, Rorys, Gegards and Machidas - all get the free pass, no negotiating issues. You want to go to Bellator? They can afford you? Bye bye.
This is not how the competition works.

Also the freak shows - Bellator becomes a center of it. And this is good for MMA landscape.

Debates are part of MB discussions
If it gets too much, just bail out & ignore the person.

IMO debates are not bad, its when they never end & manipulate a thread.
Sure if both people are willing to engage in it. I basically said I like what Bellator is doing and he goes off on his personal tangent. Trying to convince himself and me that Bellator sucks. Why watch and care if you dont like it? Too many weird people populate these forums if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back