Is anyone going to be shocked if Chael Sonnen beats Rampage?

If chael can take him down then I wouldn't be shocked at all. Rampage's bottom and scramble game look something like a cross between Conor's bottom game and Vitor mounted
You must not have watched many Rampage fights. He has excellent standup ability when he is taken down. Rampage actually got up three times in the first round after being taken down by King Mo in their second fight and avoided takedowns in round 2 & 3.

Rampage doesn't wrestle like he used to, he gives zero fucks these days and while Sonnen isn't King Mo, Rampage seems to give up takedowns more readily as he ages...

So I can definitely see Sonnen winning via points due to multiple takedowns (even if he gets up and plods after Sonnen in between getting taken down).

I wont. Rampage gases at LHW, now he will fight as a 250 pound heffer. Chael will be smaller obviously but his gas tank has never been in question that I can remember.

He also jokes about being juiced a little still

Rampage is fat, lazy, about 40 and doesn't do well against wrestlers. Sonnen is undersized, sucks at stand up, is about 40 as well and completely gives up any time the fight doesn't go his way. They are the two bums of the tournament. Pick em fight.

I think Chael wins. Rampage doesn't like to defend takedowns anymore.

I would be surprised. Even now, Rampage has decent TDD and ability to get back up. He showed some of that in the last Mo fight. Given that and Rampage likely being like 30 pounds heavier, I see Chael struggling to get him down and keep him down.

And Chael is at the point of his career where I see him going down pretty easy. Why risk the damage? He probably has a flat purse. A prime roided up Sonnen had an iron chin and would walk through anything. Not so much now.

Of course Chael has an OK chance, but I think Rampage wins.

Man, I've been a huge Rampage fan since his King of the Cage days but his last fight killed any hope for me. He has posted some training vids on insta and he looks awful. Slow AF, heavy, out of shape, old, etc. If Sonnen is taking this seriously at all, he should be able to wrestle Jackson until he gasses and then do whatever he wants for a easy decision win. He won't sub or KO page but should win an easy decision.

He’s got a good chance to outwrestle Page and honestly nobody knows how rampage even trained for this fight?

If he came in really wanting to win this tournament he could do work on Chael but the fire left him ages ago.

As a fan, I hope he lands some shots because Chael has looked awful, wants nothing to do with getting hit

Considering Lindland arguably beat a much younger Page I think Cheal will do better than most people think. If he actually shows up to fight.

That is actually a good point. I though Lindland got robbed at the time (and that's being a Rampage fan).

Pretty great fight. Rampage basically won by slams.

Chael got rocked by the ghost of Wanderlei Silva in his last fight if Rampage hits him like that he's goimg ouuuuut

Back