Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad 8PM ET/5PM PT/1AM UK DISCUSSION (Fight Pass)

Seeing that singlet makes me think that the commission needs to get involved in women's attire a bit. Guys have minor changes, but women are literally all over the map.

Coming out in like turtlenecks and all sorts of different things. Maybe there isn't much you can do but things need to be lowered down. Seems strange to let that many variations in the cage.
I prefer not to have too many rules on that tbh. Please don't make Invicta go into that uniform direction.

Of course there are some exceptions, like Tiburcio's shirt/top a while back, where probably someone either from the commission or Invicta should have stepped up and said "no stop, that's not proper fight attire".
But unless it's dangerous or giving unfair advantages or is really inappropriate in some other, I think choice of clothing should be up to the fighters.

Also I don't really see the problem with singlets (apart from this particular singlet being a serious crime against fashion).
Shouldn't they be the pretty ideal clothing for fighting? Especially when grappling is involved...

Well seeing Pannie get owned like that really sucked, but was kinda expected.
I mean not only have Tonya looked great recently, Pannie failing making weight makes things look worse.

Was fun seeing Cindy do that great (even though I was betting against her), and Roxanne winning in such a dominate fashion.

I'm surprised so many people though Kankaanpaa was robbed. It was a clear 29-28 to me, Bennett in the first 2 rounds ended every scramble on top or got up and the only time in those rounds Kankaanpaa maintained top position she was being guillotined. Third was obviously Kankaanpaa due to control in the top position.

Same here. Granted I was half asleep when I watched it but I had it in favour of Bennett.

Bennett is overrated though.

Pannie's got a good personality but her comments on social media show she's overly confident in her fighting ability, almost bordering on arrogance.

She really believed she could dominate Invicta when in reality she couldn't even be competitive against Evinger.

Her gym (Rumble Sports in Copenhagen) prolly thought she would dominate Invicta, join the UFC, then elevate their gym's reputation into the stratosphere.

Now they have egg on their face.

Now they are a cautionary tale of how MMA fighters need to spend more time wrestling American style and less time doing fancy European BJJ.

That's not good PR for her gym.

I doubt they'll see many new recruits after that lackluster performance.

That's why European gyms always look good on the regional scene in Europe but rarely produce good results against American style wrestling.

I like Pannie, but she didn't exactly look dominating when she took the Cage Warriors title. She's got a lot of work to do, especially since she missed weight.

COvoi9RWoAAhMf_.jpg

She'd be competitive in most of those fights. And she'd big sister people like Bethe, Jessica Eye, Murphy, Duke, Larissa Pacheco, Andrade, Pennington, etc.

I don't see her big sister-ing Murphy who wasn't big sistered by McMann or Carmouche, or Eye.

Nor Pennington...

Obviously she isn't facing the top competition because they are all in the UFC, but she is facing some decent fighters and absolutely demolishing them.

for sure, her opposition has been solid and she's made them look really bad.

Katja was robbed. It's really hard to say Bennet won any rounds since she spent the whole fight back-pedaling or on her back. She never hurt Kankampaa, and her highlight reel from that fight would consist of 2-3 guillotine attempts from her back. Kankampaa pressured her the whole fight, was working for subs and never looked to be in trouble, even against the fence. This was one of the worst decisions in Invicta's history. The Bennet decision over Maia was also sort of a bad one, but at least Deanna did some damage in that fight. She did nothing in this one. Do you think anyone scouting from the UFC watched that and said, "Wow! Undefeated fighter who got the nod over former-Invicta champ! Look at her go! We gotta have her in the UFC now!" That was probably the worst looking "win" I have ever seen. Deanna Bennet now replaces Miesha Tate as the most gifted fighter in WMMA.

Jarl

Now they are a cautionary tale of how MMA fighters need to spend more time wrestling American style and less time doing fancy European BJJ.

That's why European gyms always look good on the regional scene in Europe but rarely produce good results against American style wrestling.

What utter nonsense. Generalising an entire continent based on one fight.

theres a very real possibility that 3 out of 10 UFC titles, 30% could be in European hands by Christmas

Deanna Bennet now replaces Miesha Tate as the most gifted fighter in WMMA.

Even when criticizing another fighter Jarl must take a shot at MCT.

'Most gifted' yeah because getting one 'gift' fight in Rin Nakai is so much worse than Cerrone getting to fight Makdessi, or Stipe getting to fight Fabio, or Torres getting to fight Hill, or Gus/Velasquez/Correia/Holm being gifted title shots, or Cyborg getting to fight... almost any of her recent opponents, or...

Katja was robbed. It's really hard to say Bennet won any rounds since she spent the whole fight back-pedaling or on her back. She never hurt Kankampaa, and her highlight reel from that fight would consist of 2-3 guillotine attempts from her back. Kankampaa pressured her the whole fight, was working for subs and never looked to be in trouble, even against the fence. This was one of the worst decisions in Invicta's history. The Bennet decision over Maia was also sort of a bad one, but at least Deanna did some damage in that fight. She did nothing in this one. Do you think anyone scouting from the UFC watched that and said, "Wow! Undefeated fighter who got the nod over former-Invicta champ! Look at her go! We gotta have her in the UFC now!" That was probably the worst looking "win" I have ever seen. Deanna Bennet now replaces Miesha Tate as the most gifted fighter in WMMA.

Jarl

I saw Bennet winning 1 and 2

thanks for cheering for me, guys ;D

thanks for cheering for me, guys ;D

I noticed that Reddit MMA were sponsoring you, I kinda feel we should try to get a Sherdog Forums fund going to sponsor you for the next fight, I'm sure our logo would be much cooler :D

great win, (and entrance music/attire etc)

LOL.

I was talking about wrestling in MMA fights. Duh. :icon_lol:

European wrestlers, especially from the east, have done very well in wrestling at all levels up to the Olympics.

But in MMA, European fighters just don't know how to wrestle in a real FIGHT. They instead rely on fancy BJJ training which gets them FUCKEN OWNED by American blast double experts.

That's why the best MMA wrestlers are all American or North American (GSP) and not Europeans.

Any other people wanna get owned? :p

Back