Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad 8PM ET/5PM PT/1AM UK DISCUSSION (Fight Pass)

Fantastic night of fights with great pacing, as always. Getting an early night (5:39am as I type this) compared to some UFC shows :D

The only one I can't see her beating is Ronda.

I can't see her beating Rousey, Zingano, Tate, Nunes or Davis (she already lost twice to Davis,, sure she's not the same fighter since then but she won't beat her still) Women's UFC level > Invicta's level overall

I can't see her beating Rousey, Zingano, Tate, Nunes or Davis (she already lost twice to Davis,, sure she's not the same fighter since then but she won't beat her still) Women's UFC level > Invicta's level overall

She'd be competitive in most of those fights. And she'd big sister people like Bethe, Jessica Eye, Murphy, Duke, Larissa Pacheco, Andrade, Pennington, etc.

Evinger > Average UFC bantamweight

She'd be competitive in most of those fights. And she'd big sister people like Bethe, Jessica Eye, Murphy, Duke, Larissa Pacheco, Andrade, Pennington, etc.

Evinger > Average UFC bantamweight

Yeah, I know she's better than average UFC BW fighters but she won't be a champion in UFC even if Rousey didn't exist, there are at least 5-6 fighters better than her, I'd rather to be an Invicta champion than be an UFC #6-7 contender... she's 34, she won't get any better.

Her two fights against Davis were five years ago and her latest loss is over four years ago. I don't think either fighter is the same as they were five years ago and personally I think Evinger would beat Davis now.

Her two fights against Davis were five years ago and her latest loss is over four years ago. I don't think either fighter is the same as they were five years ago and personally I think Evinger would beat Davis now.

Her latest loss was 4 years ago... against McMann, a top fighter, since then, what top fighter has she faced?

Her latest loss was 4 years ago... against McMann, a top fighter, since then, what top fighter has she faced?
Obviously she isn't facing the top competition because they are all in the UFC, but she is facing some decent fighters and absolutely demolishing them.

Obviously she isn't facing the top competition because they are all in the UFC, but she is facing some decent fighters and absolutely demolishing them.

Then you can't say she could beat everyone but Rousey in the UFC if she's not facing top competition and when she did she lost...

Take Holly Holm as an example, outside the UFC she was demolishing everyone but in the UFC I don't see her beating Rousey, Zingano or Tate...

Bethe is undefeated outside of UFC, not demolishing her opponents but at the end of the day undefeated, and I don't see her beating Carmouche, Pennington, Andrade...

Last edited:
The picture and gif are from Reddit.

Rosa Acevedo

jyTQB3P.png

Seeing that singlet makes me think that the commission needs to get involved in women's attire a bit. Guys have minor changes, but women are literally all over the map.

Coming out in like turtlenecks and all sorts of different things. Maybe there isn't much you can do but things need to be lowered down. Seems strange to let that many variations in the cage.

I'm surprised so many people though Kankaanpaa was robbed. It was a clear 29-28 to me, Bennett in the first 2 rounds ended every scramble on top or got up and the only time in those rounds Kankaanpaa maintained top position she was being guillotined. Third was obviously Kankaanpaa due to control in the top position.

C'mon Pannie! Finish Tonya!

Nice call Mark! :p

Just like you botched the call of Irene Aldana vs Tonya Evinger too.

You're always so enamored with the "flavor of the week" that you miss OBVIOUS facts.

What facts? Aldana and Pannie have shown poor TDD in previous fights before they entered Invicta. Both have decent BJJ and grappling but poor wrestling. But Evinger is a great wrestler.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together.

Nostradamus you are not. lol.

I wonder what flavor of the week you'll latch onto next month? :)

Pannie's got a good personality but her comments on social media show she's overly confident in her fighting ability, almost bordering on arrogance.

She really believed she could dominate Invicta when in reality she couldn't even be competitive against Evinger.

Her gym (Rumble Sports in Copenhagen) prolly thought she would dominate Invicta, join the UFC, then elevate their gym's reputation into the stratosphere.

Now they have egg on their face.

Now they are a cautionary tale of how MMA fighters need to spend more time wrestling American style and less time doing fancy European BJJ.

That's not good PR for her gym.

I doubt they'll see many new recruits after that lackluster performance.

That's why European gyms always look good on the regional scene in Europe but rarely produce good results against American style wrestling.

I'm surprised so many people though Kankaanpaa was robbed. It was a clear 29-28 to me, Bennett in the first 2 rounds ended every scramble on top or got up and the only time in those rounds Kankaanpaa maintained top position she was being guillotined. Third was obviously Kankaanpaa due to control in the top position.

The Sherdog recapper had the second for Kankaanpaa, but if you just read what he wrote you would think Bennet won:

Bennett drops to her knees for a takedown and winds up holding Kankaanpaa against the cage with an underhook. Kankaanpaa escapes out the side, chases Bennett around the edge, and now it

Back