Interview with the REAL Colby Covington, from 2016

Colby has always been an amazing talker. Some people have it. Some don't.

Colby has a lot of it.

damn, this interviewer is a really creepy guy. he also at some point said "I'm a happy camper". psychopath confirmed

Eddie Mercato annoys the shit out of me. He reminds me of all the worst parts of Aziz Ansari

You're right though TS but I think most people are aware it's just an act. Personally I don't mind that thing in general but Colby is missing two important elements that make him annoy me

One is that he isn't funny or clever with it. And two is that he isn't entertaining to watch fight. For me, you need at least one of the two or you're just irritating. That said, if he beats RDA and proves he's legit as a fighter even if he annoys me I'll start taking the guy seriously as a contender

Hes pretty entertaining though, the Maia fight was a bloodbath and fast paced for 3 rounds. The Max Griffin fight was pretty cool how he made him quit and you could literally see the quit in Griffins face. Forgot his name but he dropped some kid from the Firas Zahabi camp with a spinning back fist and then RNC'd him.. hes pretty entertaining. Im a wrestling typa guy that likes to see people grind out fighters and make them quit though so biased

Yeah, Colby's real persona is a normal, decent guy. If not, Jon Jones wouldn't be friends with him back in the day

Respect can go pound sand. This is sports entertainment, not 2 goofs grinding on each other in the name of sportsmanship in a dojo behind closed doors. Seats need butts to fill, PPVs need to be sold.

Julio César Chávez
Manny Pacquiao
Georges St-Pierre

All did pretty well, and sold more than Mr Sonnen...

Back