Interview with the REAL Colby Covington, from 2016

tumblr_mhjd29gYoy1rpwepzo1_500.gif
<5>

Eddie Mercato annoys the shit out of me. He reminds me of all the worst parts of Aziz Ansari

You're right though TS but I think most people are aware it's just an act. Personally I don't mind that thing in general but Colby is missing two important elements that make him annoy me

One is that he isn't funny or clever with it. And two is that he isn't entertaining to watch fight. For me, you need at least one of the two or you're just irritating. That said, if he beats RDA and proves he's legit as a fighter even if he annoys me I'll start taking the guy seriously as a contender

Eddie Mercato annoys the shit out of me. He reminds me of all the worst parts of Aziz Ansari

You're right though TS but I think most people are aware it's just an act. Personally I don't mind that thing in general but Colby is missing two important elements that make him annoy me

One is that he isn't funny or clever with it. And two is that he isn't entertaining to watch fight. For me, you need at least one of the two or you're just irritating. That said, if he beats RDA and proves he's legit as a fighter even if he annoys me I'll start taking the guy seriously as a contender

That's the other side of the coin, BTW.

I'm sure that without irritating you, you would've seen him as a legit contender after Maia win. Maia win is still a big deal today and just fought for the title.

If Covington beats RDA, I'll see him as much more than just contender. RDA would beat Woodley IMO

That's the other side of the coin, BTW.

I'm sure that without irritating you, you would've seen him as a legit contender after Maia win. Maia win is still a big deal today and just fought for the title.

If Covington beats RDA, I'll see him as much more than just contender. RDA would beat Woodley IMO

Not really. The champ is Tyron Woodley. I don't see why beating Maia would make me think he could beat Woodley no matter what his personality is like. They fight absolutely nothing alike

Same thing with Usman. We've seen Maia lose that way to elite wrestlers since Munoz did it in 2011. Hell we just saw it happen again this weekend exactly the same way. Doing that to Maia doesn't suggest to me you have what it takes to beat Woodley's game

MMA isn't a ladder. This guy beat this guy therefore he beats this guy. Styles make fights, Colby is a terrible fight for Maia the same way Woodley is a terrible fight for Maia. Him beating RDA would show me something different, an ability to handle a style I don't think he's suited to deal with. That's why that would make me take him seriously as a contender to Woodley

Host using the beanie to hide his receding hairline.

C'mon fam you're not fooling anyone.

Not really. The champ is Tyron Woodley. I don't see why beating Maia would make me think he could beat Woodley no matter what his personality is like. They fight absolutely nothing alike

Same thing with Usman. We've seen Maia lose that way to elite wrestlers since Munoz did it in 2011. Hell we just saw it happen again this weekend exactly the same way. Doing that to Maia doesn't suggest to me you have what it takes to beat Woodley's game

MMA isn't a ladder. This guy beat this guy therefore he beats this guy. Styles make fights, Colby is a terrible fight for Maia the same way Woodley is a terrible fight for Maia. Him beating RDA would show me something different, an ability to handle a style I don't think he's suited to deal with. That's why that would make me take him seriously as a contender to Woodley

Fair enough.

Of course it all depends on style, but there are some reasons that might make me believe that he beats Woodley if he aggressively dominates RDA (will be real hard thing to do, since RDA is an aggression itself)

Especially noticeable when he talks about Woodley's and Thompson's fight, seem reasonable and respectful.

Fair enough.

Of course it all depends on style, but there are some reasons that might make me believe that he beats Woodley if he aggressively dominates RDA (will be real hard thing to do, since RDA is an aggression itself)

That's pretty much what I think too but it depends on if he can beat RDA. I'm not betting on it but I'll be really impressed if he does

Especially noticeable when he talks about Woodley's and Thompson's fight, seem reasonable and respectful.

Respect can go pound sand. This is sports entertainment, not 2 goofs grinding on each other in the name of sportsmanship in a dojo behind closed doors. Seats need butts to fill, PPVs need to be sold.

Respect can go pound sand. This is sports entertainment, not 2 goofs grinding on each other in the name of sportsmanship in a dojo behind closed doors. Seats need butts to fill, PPVs need to be sold.

Disrespect is the only way of entertainment? Only for really retarded people, maybe...

BTW respectful GSP >>>> Sonnen in PPV buys

host look like he isnt around us anymore

Disrespect is the only way of entertainment? Only for really retarded people, maybe...

BTW respectful GSP >>>> Sonnen in PPV buys

News flash: "really retarded people" aka filthy casuals account for the vast majority of PPV sales.

BTW Disrespectful Chael Sonnen >>>> any respectful fighter with his level of looks and fighting ability in PPV buys.

Can you name me one respectful fighter who's on the same level as Chael in fighting ability who sold more?

No you can't. To find someone respectful who outsold Chael, you had to resort to naming the WW GOAT and French Canadian heartthrob who sold more workout DVDs and sexy calendars to girls than any UFC fighter.

You have no argument against what I said.

News flash: "really retarded people" aka filthy casuals account for the vast majority of PPV sales.

BTW Disrespectful Chael Sonnen >>>> any respectful fighter with his level of looks and fighting ability in PPV buys.

Can you name me one respectful fighter who's on the same level as Chael in fighting ability who sold more?

No you can't. To find someone respectful who outsold Chael, you had to resort to naming the WW GOAT and French Canadian heartthrob who sold more workout DVDs and sexy calendars to girls than any UFC fighter.

You have no argument against what I said.

Just curious, how do you know who sold more?
Is there a website?

You've been on the offensive lately, what happened?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back