Interim Interim champ?

They give Khabib the interim belt, strip Conor, promote Khabib to champ and make a superfight with Woodley because Khabib had trouble making weight, and then strip Woodley due to inactivity, give Khabib the interim WW belt, promote him to real WW champ because Woodley has been out for 3 weeks longer, make a superfight with GSP who gets his MW title back because Rockhold, who got promoted to champ because Whittaker is out for another month, refuses to fight Khabib in a superfight because they are team mates, Khabib pulls out and Conor steps in to face GSP for the LW, WW, and MW title in 2021, which Conor will have to defend if he wins it or else Dana will be "super pissed."

I don't even wanna think about the potential of clusterfucks that could happen. I'm actually not even hyped for this matchup because it's fallen through the cracks so many times. I guess we'll just sit back and see what the hell happens.

They give Khabib the interim belt, strip Conor, promote Khabib to champ and make a superfight with Woodley because Khabib had trouble making weight, and then strip Woodley due to inactivity, give Khabib the interim WW belt, promote him to real WW champ because Woodley has been out for 3 weeks longer, make a superfight with GSP who gets his MW title back because Rockhold, who got promoted to champ because Whittaker is out for another month, refuses to fight Khabib in a superfight because they are team mates, Khabib pulls out and Conor steps in to face GSP for the LW, WW, and MW title in 2021, which Conor will have to defend if he wins it or else Dana will be "super pissed."
giphy.gif

I believe you really are into something here......

So we know that Conor will never fight nor be stripped of the belt. What if the Interim champ Tony gets injured? Will we have the first Interim Interim champ in Khabib?
So many options. 155 is stacked. Alvarez, gaetje, porier. I think they'd all fill in.

An interim-Interim would mean that the next fight for Khabib would be to unify the interim belts. Would give UFC more time to protect Conor from Khabib or Tony, so, yeah, I could see it.

Back