Interesting Point re: Periera/Hill

Did not realize he used the momentary pause in the action to close the distance while Jamahal was distracted. Probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight but still, I get where Hill's griping is coming from now.

Why should the person that delivers the illegal blow have any advantage from the timing of a restart? It was Poatan’s call to make

Big John confirmed that the fight probably should've paused however he also added that Poatan (as the receiver of the nutshot) has the right to dictate when the fight should resume.

It was actually a great strategical move... But also a risky one as we too often see injured fighters resuming too soon then losing the fight. This was the first time I've seen it used to the injured fighter's advantage
Big John's a big jackass if he said it probably should have been paused. That's encouraging fighters who are getting walked down to foul in order to get some breathing room.

Big John's a big jackass if he said it probably should have been paused. That's encouraging fighters who are getting walked down to foul in order to get some breathing room.
BJM is such an idiot sometimes. He sits there basically telling people when to ignore the rules he'll remind everyone he wrote, then call refs idiots and brainless for stepping in on fouls while then saying it was probably the right move.

Combination of a guy liking his own voice and thinking he's the sole arbiter of all decisions

For how great and athletic Hill is you have to remember he's a rookie. He's the first DWCS champ

But him and Alex are actually babies to MMA in the scheme of things

And it wasn't a giant disadvantage. They touched and there was a few seconds before the cornered punch. The golden cardinal rule is protect yourself at all times

I'm just a bit surprised how game, crafty and competitive Alex has been. Truly one of the most fascinating stories
The craftiness comes from years of combat sports experience prior to MMA I would imagine. He isn't a rookie like Hill.

They touched gloves, and they resumed action.

The KO didn't come immediately after resuming action. It wasn't 1 sequence.

They touched gloves, there were a couple feints thrown... then Hill threw a punch and got countered

Anyone who sees a problem with this is just reaching

Herb should have never called the fake time out. If there's no time out, you don't call one. Aside from that, it's all on Hill and he had plenty of time to assess and attempt to get out of harms way if he felt disadvantaged by the position he was in.

The craftiness comes from years of combat sports experience prior to MMA I would imagine. He isn't a rookie like Hill.

One thing I found interesting was that many people were talking before the fight about Hill's footwork being sloppy and ungainly.

When Aleks closed in for the ko, he cornered Hill and stepped on his lead foot right before landing.

Good ol dirty boxing trick. Same as when Khamzat ko'd Meerschardt.

BJM is such an idiot sometimes. He sits there basically telling people when to ignore the rules he'll remind everyone he wrote, then call refs idiots and brainless for stepping in on fouls while then saying it was probably the right move.
I hate BJM as a MMA personality. Like crying max beat volk and he wrote the rules he knows ect. What a dumbass.

1. Protect yourself at all times
2. If he's close enough to touch your glove, he's already too close
3. He may have closed a few inches during the pause, but it's his own fault for not backing up and letting Alex close the distance further.

How can anyone watch that and think that Hill was distracted or caught off guard? They literally touched gloves and then Hill got countered as he was about to throw his own punch.

Back