Interesting bill got signed. Counter propaganda.

m25105

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seems like every Christmas and new year a bill that might seem controversial gets signed.

http://www.portman.senate.gov/publi...eases?ID=F973E46B-AA8C-4F3E-91B4-8EC0FC7F2F3E

http://archive.is/dlxqy

They say it's to counter enemy propaganda. It's interesting to read that they use the word enemy. Will this term still be used once Trump takes office?

Is this bill a non issue, or is it the start of "Only believe what we tell you", i.e. a ministry of truth (1984).

If someone with more knowledge about this could enlighten what this bill really entails, what is misconstrued, and what might be possible, hidden in the language, please enlighten me.

Some excerpts.

• The first priority is developing a whole-of-government strategy for countering THE foreign propaganda and disinformation being wages against us and our allies by our enemies. The bill would increase the authority, resources, and mandate of the Global Engagement Center to include state actors like Russia and China as well as non-state actors. The Center will be led by the State Department, but with the active senior level participation of the Department of Defense, USAID, the Broadcasting Board of Governors, the Intelligence Community, and other relevant agencies. The Center will develop, integrate, and synchronize whole-of-government initiatives to expose and counter foreign disinformation operations by our enemies and proactively advance fact-based narratives that support U.S. allies and interests.

• Second, the legislation seeks to leverage expertise from outside government to create more adaptive and responsive U.S. strategy options. The legislation establishes a fund to help train local journalists and provide grants and contracts to NGOs, civil society organizations, think tanks, private sector companies, media organizations, and other experts outside the U.S. government with experience in identifying and analyzing the latest trends in foreign government disinformation techniques. This fund will complement and support the Center’s role by integrating capabilities and expertise available outside the U.S. government into the strategy-making process. It will also empower a decentralized network of private sector experts and integrate their expertise into the strategy-making process.

Last edited:
It's a great bill. Anyone that disagrees is agreeing with enemy propaganda and that should be illegal.

It's a great bill. Anyone that disagrees is agreeing with enemy propaganda and that should be illegal.

I didn't read the op because I saw your reply. Pretty confident it's complete bullshit and border line illegal judging by you recommendation of it.

Thos seems bad.

If anything, the governmwnt should be allowing more foreign propoganda and disinfromation in. They should be requiring it on every channel.

Foreign propoganda will make america great again.

Looks like the establishment in Cogress and NWO throwing some protection against future leaks and negative info that may come their way.

This is a bill to reinforce the misinformation MSM has been spewing out, but that seems to have stopped working. Can't wait for this puppet to be evicted from the WH.

images

these three traitors on his left need to be gone too:

GettyImages-500610484.jpg

ive read it like 5 times and cant figure out exactly what they pllan to do

That sounds scary tbh. If Trump were in office people would be freaking. If they knew about it.

I hate the idea of state-funded journalists and reinterpreters of information. Seriously that's scary. This is essentially saying the masses are too dumb to interpret information on their own. Thats the way I read it.

It sounds like something North Korea would come up with.

ive read it like 5 times and cant figure out exactly what they pllan to do

Nothing good.
It has so much vagueness and leeway that nobody
That sounds scary tbh. If Trump were in office people would be freaking. If they knew about it.

I hate the idea of state-funded journalists and reinterpreters of information. Seriously that's scary. This is essentially saying the masses are too dumb to interpret information on their own. Thats the way I read it.

It sounds like something North Korea would come up with.

Shit bill is really vague but it talks about funding journalists and most worrisome part is "think tanks". Kinda like the Committee on Foreign Relations, heh?

Shit bill is really vague but it talks about funding journalists and most worrisome part is "think tanks". Kinda like the Committee on Foreign Relations, heh?

Are they going to prosecute CNN after the discovery of them taking bribes?

I'm reading the Gulag Archipelago and this reminds me of the term: "Societal prevention", they used in Soviet Union.

Looks like Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul voted against it, while most other bloodsuckers voted for it.

Only 7 Senators voted against it. That's how hijacked Congress is.

EDIT: I thought Cruz voted against it, but fucker voted for it. No surprise there- Lyin' Ted.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/114-2016/s159

Last edited:
The next Trump might not be a sell-out stooge who ACTUALLY wants to stand up to the power structure in a meaningful way.. They can't have that; too much invested in taking our government away from us.

I think they've already been doing this, but this is now legislation to give the Marxism muscle.

I'm reading the Gulag Archipelago and this reminds me of the term: "Societal prevention", they used in Soviet Union.

I have to order that. I agree this sounds similar from what I have read.

You could hear this bill dripping from Obama's final speech.

Wait, I'm confused.

What happened to #Idon'tbelieveinborders

So campaign contribution$$$ from foreign sources are A-OK

but free reporting from those countries over an international medium like the internet = national crime?

Usually you can tell what a bill is intended to do by reading the title aloud and then applying its opposite meaning.

So when I read a bill titled "Counter-Propaganda"...

So campaign contribution$$$ from foreign sources are A-OK

but free reporting from those countries over an international medium like the internet = national crime?

Why do you hate America and how long have you been working for the KGB?

Doesn't "fact based narrative" translate to "based on a true story"?

Back