Instances of wrestlers breaking character

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
I can’t hardly think of any instances where a wrestler has broken character during a performance. I’ll not talking about a wrestling getting pissed and doing it on purpose, I’m talking more the Saturday Night Live Jimmy Fallon kind of way. Like they start laughing while in the middle of trying to be tough.

Anyone have any examples of this happening?

Most examples of breaking character are probably found on house shows. That’s when everyone has more fun and they do things to entertain themselves, in addition to the crowd. Like Edge telling stories of Umaga wearing Randy Orton’s trunks over his tights and Umaga wearing edges tights to the ring another time. One instance I can think of was when a raw went off the air and rock, Triple h, Goldwater, booker t, and Vince McMahon tried to get the undertaker to do a spinarooni when he was the American bad ass. You can see Taker pissed and smirking at them as they are making him look like a coward for not doing it.

Hennig was known for not being able to keep a straight face during promos, IIRC. Then again, his character was always smiling, so idk.

Although she's not a wrestler, Stephanie McMahon instructs the cameramen to keep the camera off her when she sees a disabled kid at ringside so she can talk them, give them a hug, etc. HHH has been known to do that as well.

I can’t hardly think of any instances where a wrestler has broken character during a performance. I’ll not talking about a wrestling getting pissed and doing it on purpose, I’m talking more the Saturday Night Live Jimmy Fallon kind of way. Like they start laughing while in the middle of trying to be tough.

Anyone have any examples of this happening?

Cena does the wink wink almost every promo nowadays.

It’s extremely impressive that this seems to be so rare

Although she's not a wrestler, Stephanie McMahon instructs the cameramen to keep the camera off her when she sees a disabled kid at ringside so she can talk them, give them a hug, etc. HHH has been known to do that as well.

Randy Orton and Baron Corbin both broke character at house shows this past year to comfort kids that they scared.

HHH has almost laughed 100 times..

A lot of the times they turn the laugh into something they are saying.. I've seen that many times.

But they make sure you know that to cover up the horrible ways they treat most other people.

Dean Ambrose was smiling when Jake put his snake on him.

That didn't come out right...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back