In VAMPIRE SURVIVORS the bullet hell is you

Gandzooka

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You only control your character's movement and choose weapons & power ups.

Every game is only 30 minutes at max at which point Death comes for you.
You play and keep unlocking new weapons, power ups, maps, characters and game modes.

At first you are:

But then you are:

And in the end you are:

And after that you are

Never heard of the game until 20 minutes ago when I saw this on OneUp's new video.

And now I've heard of it twice, now here.

Yes it’s the most addicting game ever. I think the only game I spent more time playing this year was Elden Ring.
Was gonna play this asap, but apparently its a medium to long game, so Ill play after the next two titles. My optimised routine to get through my backlog is like this.... 1 Medium/1 Short/1 Medium/1 Short/1 Long.

Ill play after Hellblade, High on Life and Metal Hell Singer.

Was gonna play this asap, but apparently its a medium to long game, so Ill play after the next two titles. My optimised routine to get through my backlog is like this.... 1 Medium/1 Short/1 Medium/1 Short/1 Long.

Ill play after Hellblade, High on Life and Metal Hell Singer.
I played the fuck out of it on my Steam Deck which is like the perfect platform for it. Made it easy to sink in the hours lol.

It reminds me of those jet games but with more life. It's too much going on the screen though.

I played the fuck out of it on my Steam Deck which is like the perfect platform for it. Made it easy to sink in the hours lol.
Ahh, I may get the steam deck, but maybe I wont use it as much like the Switch? Ill see.

Ahh, I may get the steam deck, but maybe I wont use it as much like the Switch? Ill see.
It’s not my primary console but I love having the portability with just about any title. My Switch is pretty much completely replaced at this point outside of first parties.

It’s not my primary console but I love having the portability with just about any title. My Switch is pretty much completely replaced at this point outside of first parties.
Just did a little research, I can basically download Windows on an SD card and run Gamepass games natively. I know it wont be as good as my PC but damn I may actually get it now.

Its like a Super Nintendo game.

If Super Nintendos were capable of 10,000 moving objects on screen at once.

Reactions: HHJ
Yeah, it's a great little game. Once you "get it" though, and start seeing the patterns of the successful builds, it loses a little bit of its charm and starts to get a bit routine. Not necessarily a bad thing, though. If this was as deep as "Hades" or something, I'd probably starve to death while playing, because it's just that addictive.

I'm actually a little concerned at what could be done with a sequel. It's not like it would be hard to greatly expand upon the formula, and make it a never ending experience, with a million more powers and an endless potential of builds. They really tapped into something here. They hit that brain button that just makes you want to play it over and over and over again, and it's so simple that it could be turned into a beast of an addiction with very little effort.

By the way, its on GamePass.

And for those that have a XBox One/Series S/X but not GamePass, its just $6.

I've played my share of these types of horde-mode games and respect the genre, but I'm already overloaded with games I need to play.

Just picked up Doom Eternal, the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy, Wreckfest (again), and the Tony Hawk 1&2 remake.

I'd be more intrigued to play something like this when a game using the same formula is made to look like its utilizing modern tech.

Reactions: HHJ
Yes it’s the most addicting game ever. I think the only game I spent more time playing this year was Elden Ring.
I pretty much spent my christmas playing this. I finally have everything unlocked.

Activating endless, inverse, hyper and hurry mode in Moongolow stage which has all 16 basic power ups available can get crazy

With arcana that makes gold heal you and hp restoring weapons, you can just leave your character standing there

Reactions: Zer
Man. I never thought a game like this would get me....

But holy shit this is mad fun lmao.

Anyone got the dlc yet?

Back