In terms of talent and skill level Gustafsson is at the same level as Jones

Anyone with a brain should also know that it's kinda weird that a "clean" fighter can go toe to toe with an anabolic phenom who's also the greatest fighter of all time.

Don't you think?

<21>
d556546b79a7df9ebd97778fceade988.gif

No he is not, Gus should have beat both Jones and cormier.

But he didn't have the heart and will to see it through like both cormier and Jones did

If you would of said cormier then that would of been a fair comparison

Yeah, Gus is faster than Jones, hits harder and considering little to no wrestling background he's adapt in MMA insanely well. He didn't lose to Jones or Cormier due to their gifts, when the going got tough Cormier and Jones rose to the occasion while Gustafsson sort of sunk....

Gus proved this when he went to war with a prime Jones for 5 hard rounds. He showed that he is arguably the better fighter than Jones and a lot of MMA experts thought he won that fight and could quite possibly beat Jones if they did ever rematch.

Gus is the dark horse of the light heavyweight division. The guys who he has lost to have been top level guys and Gus could have easily won those fights.

I don’t think that Gus gets enough credit around here. Just because he hasn’t been champion dosen’t mean he isn’t one of the greatest lhws ever.
definitely not more talented than Jones.
Jones has repeatedly beaten people in their own game. The striking majority of press and experts said jones won. Other than that, the rest of jones' resume is all wins, no "controversial decision losses". Not to mention Gus has been both submitted early on and KO'ed later on in his as a pro, both happened in the fucking first round...

Jones is by far the more raw talent. Maybe gus is just more hard working and dedicated, but he'll forever be ranked below Jones by at least 2 or 3 steps/

Rumble made him look amateur
So? It's MMA and things like that happens with good fighters too.

Look at Conor vs Aldo. Would that make Aldo an amateur? After all he did beat Frankie in his next fight.

I wish the guy would add some kicks to his fights. His hand movement is great, but if he used some kicks, he could set up some awesome slips.

anyone with a brain knows jones is a juicer and an unknown off the roids. gus went toe to toe with him off the juice. therefore gus is superior to jones. simple really. not equal as you suggest.

I think his performance vs OSP was him off the roids. Underwhelming to say the least.

What is up with you Gus kids lately? Do I need to list his record

No.
Just in terms of pure techniques and versatility I would say most people watching Jones fight would agree he's more skilled than Gus.
Gus has no kicks worth mentioning, mostly just relies on basic boxing.

Both DC and Jones are more consistent and less prone to mistakes than Gus.

Gus struggled with the striking against Blahowitz and made a stupid mistake versus Rumble.
That means he's pretty uneven and needs more solid performances to prove himself.

It sucks that AJ never got a shot at Jon. The fight was scheduled, but guess who fucked up.

Gus is only relevant because the top 3 guys aren't in the division anymore. He is below DC and AJ obviously, the loss against the Juicehead FUCK that is Jon Jones I can erase though.

definitely not more talented than Jones.
Jones has repeatedly beaten people in their own game. The striking majority of press and experts said jones won. Other than that, the rest of jones' resume is all wins, no "controversial decision losses". Not to mention Gus has been both submitted early on and KO'ed later on in his as a pro, both happened in the fucking first round...

Jones is by far the more raw talent. Maybe gus is just more hard working and dedicated, but he'll forever be ranked below Jones by at least 2 or 3 steps/
no he hasnt. he beat them on the fucking juice. jones has limited talent. hence the need for performance enhancement.

apart from gus losing every big fight, yeah definitely....

No he absolutely isn't.

Gus couldn't have done to Bonnar, Shogun & Machida what Jones did.
He turned that shit into a video game.

This. The fact that he managed to give them hell alone says he’ll be champ when DC retires and Jones gonna Jones again.
So he was never good enough to be top dog while the others were around.

Rumble retired
Jones suspended
Cormier retired

That's what it will take for him to win the title?

Back