In peoples eyes is Woodley just a paper champ? WW title in Shambles

I mean GSP retired with the belt. Lawler lost to Woodley. If McGregor vs GSP happens is that the true WW CHAMP? Or do you got the winner of RDA vs Woodley. Who is more legitimate? Before you say but Woodley's got the title dummy lets keep it 100. NOone And i mean NOONE see's DC as the TRU lhw champ. We all know he's John's belt polisher. Everyone does roids. Skills are what separates true champions, not piss samples.
It may be true that everyone does roids, but if that's true then how is it that so many have gotten away with it while jones has gotten popped twice? If you're gonna cheat Atleast be smart about it. I also personally believe that DC has never done roids; I have total faith in his character - maybe I'm just naive but until he gets caught he is clean IMO

Woodley's KO of Lawler was a bit of a fluke. I'm not saying he wouldn't have beaten him in a full 5 round fight... but he probably KOs him 1 out of 5 fights or something.

Wonderboy arguably beat Woodley twice. I had him winning both fights. Tyrun Duckley just backed up against the fence for 90% of the fight. Every round he had 2-3 minutes with his back against the cage should have automatically been scored for Wonderboy.

The only victory of Tyron's that really impressed me was against Maia, and purely for his takedown defense. But the fact that he couldn't finish Maia, who had one good eye, was pathetic.

Tyron is the "real champ" but he's incredibly lucky to have that title.

Woodley defended the belt 3 times in a year against the #1 contender.
That's not a paper champ.
Why the fuck would Conor be fighting for the "real WW belt", he's 1 -1 at WW against a LW.

I still wouldn't buy his PPV. If GSP was considered a blanket then Woodley is a paper towel

Woodley is the realest of real Champs. He's just a boring fighter with an awful personality and delusions of grandeur.

NOone And i mean NOONE see's DC as the TRU lhw champ.

I do, so there goes that theory :cool:

I still wouldn't buy his PPV. If GSP was considered a blanket then Woodley is a paper towel
for real....after watching some of todays 'strategies'.....i went bback and watched some 'boring' gsp fights....they were surprisingly exciting.....

I think GSP just had a rough time following hughes as champion......hughes was a showman.....he slammed his opponents in almost every fight......how was GSP supposed to follow that guy??

Woodley is the real UFC champ, even though I don't think he's the best fighter at 170 currently.

It may be true that everyone does roids, but if that's true then how is it that so many have gotten away with it while jones has gotten popped twice? If you're gonna cheat Atleast be smart about it. I also personally believe that DC has never done roids; I have total faith in his character - maybe I'm just naive but until he gets caught he is clean IMO

I think Jon started only recently when he found out so many were on the substance. He just wasn't prepared and didn't do his HW. I mean DC is 40 and he can compete with a roided out Jones. What does that say? He has genetics like LeBron?

I think Jon started only recently when he found out so many were on the substance. He just wasn't prepared and didn't do his HW. I mean DC is 40 and he can compete with a roided out Jones. What does that say? He has genetics like LeBron?
I don't like to speculate. So I agree with you and I'm not gonna assume jones juiced until the moment he got caught. And I'm also not gonna speculate on DC's genetics, but he's obviously extremely talented and hard working. I'm not willing to make the jump to "DC must be juicing if he could hand with a roided out Bones"

I mean GSP retired with the belt. Lawler lost to Woodley. If McGregor vs GSP happens is that the true WW CHAMP? Or do you got the winner of RDA vs Woodley. Who is more legitimate? Before you say but Woodley's got the title dummy lets keep it 100. NOone And i mean NOONE see's DC as the TRU lhw champ. We all know he's John's belt polisher. Everyone does roids. Skills are what separates true champions, not piss samples.

That is total nonsense.

DC is definitely the true LHW champion because it's not Jones. That guy is not fighting because he got caught cheating.

Woodley is an established champion what are you smoking?

Fair point. I'm not saying his fights have been exciting but he's defending against top guys. He may be a boring champ, but he's not a paper champ was my point.

That is total nonsense.

DC is definitely the true LHW champion because it's not Jones. That guy is not fighting because he got caught cheating.

Woodley is an established champion what are you smoking?

PPV is for the boys

Paper champ list:

DC
Whittaker
Woodley
Fergusson
Holloway

Woodley as real as it gets. Defended against #1 contenders 3 times in a row like you're supposed to.

Paper champ is Connie. Never defended in years.

He beat Wonderboy twice and Robbie went to the hospital I mean Woodley gets on my nerves more than anybody but it is not his fault GSP vacated, What is he supposed to do sit and wait to see if GSP comes out of retirement before trying to win a title?. That is like saying Tony Ferguson and Robert Whittaker are chumps to because of the situation that got thrown i8n their laps. If you say either o9ne of those savages are not champions then that would explain a few things. Tony Has only been named the real champion by me because the guy can't get anybody to fight him half the time but he is trying unlike that other guy I forgot his name now that wins a title then just uses it for a conversation piece.

Damn it his name it on the tip of my tongue, I forgot because nobody gives a shit about his Diva BS anymore

Woodley is the genuine champ. Just not a very good one. He will never have a superfight because people are not really interested in him and never really will be. He fights not to lose which is Ok but it will never result in the types of fights that will get the superfight.

That's why people shouldn't smoke crack.

Back