IN DEPTH Review: Rafael Lovato Jr Lucky Gi in White

Great review and don't let the haters get you down about owning nice stuff.

Thanks for the review. I have to get some of that Retayn or whatever it is cold.

excellent Part 2 of the review, BJJ_addiction, making your entire review top notch and very helpful for potential buyers.
and it looks like the beautiful gi fits you perfectly now

phuck the haters because baka is correct: you can always sell your gis, especially the Luckys, on eBay whever you'd like.
hell, I purchased a used, beat-up white Lucky gi off of eBay, recently.
and yes, I am a white belt

Great review...thanks...I want one so bad...even though I don't like most of the patches on it...

Best gi review ever. Does Retayne work better then vinegar??

to be honest, it's quite hard to tell if retayne or vinegar actually works. There are some websites that say vinegar soaking is a myth. I'm not saying it is, I just trust a commercial product more than a 'home remedy' :)

I don't understand why did you use retayane for a white GI, dye lock is good for coloured uniforms. There's no need in using dye locks cause white Gis will not fade.

People here are jealous... im a white belt too and I own 4 gi's all of them are expensive - 3 Korals MKM and ATAMA GB. I love rolling in them ;) and def. will not quit!

excellent Part 2 of the review, BJJ_addiction, making your entire review top notch and very helpful for potential buyers.
and it looks like the beautiful gi fits you perfectly now

phuck the haters because baka is correct: you can always sell your gis, especially the Luckys, on eBay whever you'd like.
hell, I purchased a used, beat-up white Lucky gi off of eBay, recently.
and yes, I am a white belt

whats with all the hater crap you are talking about? I just said that is a lot of money for someone to spend. I guess you can lose and go out and style then right?

I don't understand why did you use retayane for a white GI, dye lock is good for coloured uniforms. There's no need in using dye locks cause white Gis will not fade.

Some of the original white Lucky Gi's had some issues of the green lining inside the gi bleeding out to the rest of the Gi. There was a thread were a lot of people adviced to color lock the Gi to make sure the green didnt bleed.

great review, not sure i want to pay over 200 for a gi yet since i just got my blue belt.

o how tall are you?

great review, not sure i want to pay over 200 for a gi yet since i just got my blue belt.

o how tall are you?

A. I just said that is a lot of money for someone to spend.

B. I guess you can lose and go out and style then right?

A. you are entitled to your opinion. but, you must understand that "a lot" is a relative concept. hence, $250 for a gi could be considered expensive to some, like you, or, not terribly expensive, to people like BJJ_addiction's girlfriend.

also, why do you care how a complete stranger spends his/her money? it's not your money, mac

B. one can be a Lucky gi-wearing black belt and still lose, so, don't be ridiculous. your statement stinks of jealousy whether you realize it or not

Great review, man. Looking forward to others.

I appreciate guys doing reviews especially with pics.

For guys like me that live in Canada, we have to order everythign on line and usually the pics on the web doesn't really show you any details or the fit.

Thanks again.

A. you are entitled to your opinion. but, you must understand that "a lot" is a relative concept. hence, $250 for a gi could be considered expensive to some, like you, or, not terribly expensive, to people like BJJ_addiction's girlfriend.

also, why do you care how a complete stranger spends his/her money? it's not your money, mac

B. one can be a Lucky gi-wearing black belt and still lose, so, don't be ridiculous. your statement stinks of jealousy whether you realize it or not

amen, awesome review addiction, i myself am still in the market for a original white a3 lucky if i can find one...

I'm not going to argue with you. I'm not jealous because if I chose to I could do the very same thing and go out and buy whatever. I live in Japan for christ sakes, I have access to reversal, inspirit, bull terrier, etc etc etc, however the shit is expensive and I can win in my cheap Ouano instead. But yeah since you own a Lucky as a white belt too you're going to think I am drinking haterade when I am not. I am not the only person that thinks if you show up in flashy gear you better be able to back it up and not look stupid. Gi's like those scream for attention.

What are you talking about? The Gi has nothing to do with skills!
I bet you're the type of person who's always getting spazzz while rolling with person who has a cool GI. That's so stupid...

I'm not jealous because if I chose to I could do the very same thing and go out and buy whatever. I live in Japan for christ sakes, I have access to reversal, inspirit, bull terrier, etc etc etc, however the shit is expensive and I can win in my cheap Ouano instead. But yeah since you own a Lucky as a white belt too you're going to think I am drinking haterade when I am not. I am not the only person that thinks if you show up in flashy gear you better be able to back it up and not look stupid. Gi's like those scream for attention.

following your logic, you have a problem with people that drive more expensive cars than you do since vehicles were manufactured to merely get you from point A to point B, right?
give me a break.

also, your point about being in Japan and having "access" to a variety of brands is moot, irrelevant, and non sequitur.

you're jealous.
and you're a hater.

Back