IN DEPTH Review: Rafael Lovato Jr Lucky Gi in White

so what!!!! if he can afford it and has a passion for jits then whats the problem

dude might roll pretty good

maybe he spazs in style while u spaz in a crappy karate kimono you kept from when you were a kid

so what!!!! if he can afford it and has a passion for jits then whats the problem

dude might roll pretty good

maybe he spazs in style while u spaz in a crappy karate kimono you kept from when you were a kid

I think you didn't understand what I wrote - by saying that GI has nothing to do with skills I meant that even when you're a white belt you can have a nice, expensive GI. What's more the thing about spazzing was about the hater-guy who had some issues about using Lucky while being a white belt.

Your'e dumbass!

following your logic, you have a problem with people that drive more expensive cars than you do since vehicles were manufactured to merely get you from point A to point B, right?
give me a break.

also, your point about being in Japan and having "access" to a variety of brands is moot, irrelevant, and non sequitur.

you're jealous.
and you're a hater.

:icon_cry2

Wow, this thread is supposed to be a product review. I can't believe this is still going.

Anyway, just got this same gi and it is nicely tailored and very soft. I'm 180-85 lbs and 6'2" and I got an A4. I think this was a better idea than the A3, because although it's a bit big, I can shrink. So, if you're anything like my size and built go for a bigger size and shrink your gi down to size.

THANKS OTM!

Hey Arashi

You should take some pics of it on pre wash. It only shrinks so much, u definetely don't want a gi that's too long

Good luck!! Softest and most comfortable gi ive ever worn

Pants are fine, just the gi top needs to shrink a bit. Your gi was definitely smaller on you than it is on me.

Bad news. There are light orange streaks on my gi after doing a wash. :( Must be from the red patch. Any suggestions?

follow the instruction card it came with

Take out the draw string and either do the vinegar thing or buy some commercial dye lock like me

The color on my gi definetely did not run

If it did, refer to the instruction card where it tells u to use stain remover.

You should be dye locking it the first wash at least.

I totally followed the instruction card, used the vinegar and removed the draw string, the works! I just e-mailed Scotty. Do you think this would warrant a return and if so, should I not used the gi (i.e. roll in it)?

I totally followed the instruction card, used the vinegar and removed the draw string, the works! I just e-mailed Scotty. Do you think this would warrant a return and if so, should I not used the gi (i.e. roll in it)?

Dood... the gi's going to get super dirty one way or another... honestly, dont even stress about it.

Unless majority of the white turned orange, i would just chalk it up as being the fault of your washer :redface:

no one wants a gi to shine bright anyways... at least not me :D

Don't stress, enjoy the gi. It's still the best feeling and fitting gi i own

I think you didn't understand what I wrote - by saying that GI has nothing to do with skills I meant that even when you're a white belt you can have a nice, expensive GI. What's more the thing about spazzing was about the hater-guy who had some issues about using Lucky while being a white belt.

Your'e dumbass!

your'e the dumb ass ........... I dont even know what you fucking mean now -- how about being clearer.......instead of writing crap

loser

Great review.

I usually don"t like lucky Gi's.

This one, I ike the look and don't like that

- it is a signature Gi of a player I don't like so much

- you can't use it in a IBJJF comp.

B

I just picked up an A2 last week. Fit is good, fits me better than my Atama M#7's and waaaaay softer than the Atama too.

It is the softest gi ever..I don't like it to train in..Grows alot while rolling..Got it for a present...just use it for open mat sessions..I'm 6'2' 190lbs 78 inch reach and it fits like a glove..Great fit..If you like the fit buy an otm blank gi..Same fit no flash and it keeps it shape great

actually it is IBJJF legal Shanghai... also it is the most incredible gi i own or have ever come across anyone else owning since ive been training.

that being said if you are thinking about getting one do it asap as the new batches are in and they are the last ones to be made.

i swear i could sleep in it... i feel like hugh hefner in one of his silk jackets its so soft.

Awesome review and gi!

Dude smile in your photos! You have two Luckys and what looks like another ATAMA in the closet!! Be happy! Sweeet!

Gannas, what is your build type. Reason I am asking is because the A2 sizes on these gis seem to be smaller on the OTM chart than other gis.

Back