In all honesty, how do injury prone fighter like Cain and others support their familes

He probably made decent money in his fights, as few as there have been. But he's enough of a name where he might have decent outside income.

Not sure how someone like Zingano does it.

I think Cain sells tacos on the side to keep going
You're likely joking but the Brown Pride Mexican fighter actually owns a fucking taco store:

PEfzs9P.jpg

Cain and Weidman made millions from PPV points alone as champions and are likely set for life, as they’re family men and not spendthrifts.

Lower-paid fighters that can’t fight due to injury, etc. have to work, but many are very accomplished in at least one discipline of fighting, so they can coach.

Not all UFC wives or girlfriends stay at home...some actually work for a living.
This.

Stipe is about to have his 5th straight title fight and yet his wife still works full time as a nurse (just because you have a rich spouse doesn't mean you have to automatically be a lazy bum who doesn't contribute to society).

shilling out on social media back in the sponsorship heyday guys instead of getting paid on fight day got monthly stipends

Maybe he lives below his means.

Maybe he went into business and owns a piece of AKA.

Maybe his MetroPCS contract pays well.

Maybe he has money in various businesses.

Maybe he lends his drug dealer friends money so they can flip it.

Who knows?

I wonder about this too! Maybe not about former champs, but those guys that are or were top 10 or less, and are now injured, fighting once a year, or retired. They still have houses, high maintenance wives and lifestyles...

This.

Stipe is about to have his 5th straight title fight and yet his wife still works full time as a nurse (just because you have a rich spouse doesn't mean you have to automatically be a lazy bum who doesn't contribute to society).

Like if a nurse makes good money... they barely survive the month. Even less if they have children and a husband that doesn't fight but still pay training camps...

I'm really lost on this. I guess all of them makes much more money than it's revealed.

A guy like that could survive doing appearances and stuff like that.

Lower tier guys don’t have a shot. They are broke

Not sure what most do... But Stipe still works as a Firefighter... and Brett Rogers changed tires... probably is doing that right now.

But but UFC doesn't allow sponsors!! Reebok deal doe.
That is only applicable to fight broadcasts. The issue is most companies do not give a crap about fighters unless they can display their brand on TV during fights. That is not the case with Cain.

Like if a nurse makes good money... they barely survive the month. Even less if they have children and a husband that doesn't fight but still pay training camps...
My moms a Nurse and makes over $100k a year. There's not a single person in her unit making under $80k a year. Even fresh out of school nurses that are doing general floor during the daytime still make at least $5000 a month (plenty of fucking money, even if your husband isn't super active with fights). That was my point of the person i was quoting, just because the husband is injured or even if he is active and rich, it doesn't mean the wife can't contribute

Last edited:
On top of banking big paydays with PPV % and having sponsorship money, I thought fighters had insurance?

They would probably show up to fight if they were broke.

I don’t have numbers, but I am pretty sure higher pay leads to guys being more injured.

Of course there will be exceptions.

Back