In all honesty, how do injury prone fighter like Cain and others support their familes

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not trying to fighter bash, but just honestly curious

I realize Cain probably made a lot of money during his championship/contender days, but he probably spent most of it, as he was assuming the income from high level fights would keep coming in.

Fast forward, and he hasnt fought like twice in 5 years. He probably got a nice purse for those fights, but still has to keep paying for training, management, etc - without any steady income

Same for Weidman, I think he bought a nice house after his Anderson Silva wins, but seems to be getting injured alot

Rashad & Dominic Cruz do commentating which probably pays well

What about the lower tier - injury prone fighters who fight once a year but only get like 16k win and show

What about fighters banned for supps, like Rothwell

Do they depend on sales from their reebok gear, or coach or try to get endorsements with companies like Corn Nuts or Toyo Tires?

I think Cain sells tacos on the side to keep going

Is cormier his biggest client?

c43680dc6f5a028482682d82b51d6325_crop_exact.jpg

Cain has made decent money being champion and if you visit his social media page, he's always pasting his sponsorships everywhere

Hustling real estate. It's worked for at least two UFC fighters.

Not all UFC wives or girlfriends stay at home...some actually work for a living.

Omg wtf casual why u fighter bashing

cain prob made millions in the lesnar fight alone, and over a million (if not well-over) for each fight after that except maybe brown fight. he'll be fine. however, i can assume that many of the lower tier guys who are injury-prone really struggle financially.

I would guess that they would get a monthly payment from sponsors.

I think the same about Gustaffson who is injured a lot but also intentionally waits out for fights that may never materialize. Considering mma fighters won't have that long of careers, it seems incredibly foolish to not make hay while the sun is shining when the best money making prospects in the post-fight world are being a coach or starting a gym - both being risky ventures. I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that many fighters struggle financially in the future; very very few fighters are making the same kind of money as other pro athletes

lol at poor people talking about money management.

Back