IMO Bisping DID earn his title shot

That's one of the times that I'm talking about. The other is Belfort. But the fact remains that twice Bisping had a chance to earn a title shot and twice he came up short.
Probably would have gotten one if he beat Hendo too, but instead he circled into Hendo's only weapon and got died like a fucking rookie.

Got one of his many hometown gifts against semi retired broken Anderson then proceeded to get MELTED by two WW’s into retirement...

Good riddance.

DP0yexh.gif

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

Bisping hate is strong on this board

Got one of his many hometown gifts against semi retired broken Anderson then proceeded to get MELTED by two WW’s into retirement...

Good riddance.

DP0yexh.gif

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif
GSP is GSP. And Kelvin has been putting in work at MW. Can't really fault Bisping for that. The guy beat legit fighters in the division minus Weidman.

He didn't earn it but he had the balls to step in against a very dangerous opponent on short notice. Luke in my opinion is one of the most well rounded fighters in the history of mma. His biggest problem is his ego. Bisping took advantage and Luke went in thinking it was just going to be an easy victory. Congrats to bisping but he didn't earn it.

The top 185 of Bisping's prime include:
-Anderson Silva
-Wanderlei Silva
-Vitor Belfort
-Dan Henderson

Common sense says if those four weren't popping pills, he should've/would've won a title a long time ago.

Bisping technically would have received a titleshot had he got past Chael Sonnen. A fight even Chael said he thought Bisping won. He got a little screwed on that opportunity.

I agree with that, was happy because I wanted to see Chael v Silva 2, I think that was next in line from memory?

Either way Bisping gets shit on but he won the title by finishing the incumbent champ in the first, can't do much more than that. People called it a fluke and I'm not sure why, he was aiming those left hooks right at his head which is where they landed.

I don't remember anyone saying he didn't at a time, at least not with severity. In fact, most were happy Rockhold got KO'd. Then they hated him again after Hendo 2 fiasco.

I mean I guess. The reason why people hate Bisping is because of his poor championship defense showing more so over*earning* his shot.

I remember Sherdog during the Diaz fight and Bisping. A lot of us said he wasn't the same after coming off 3 long lay offs, a broke leg, KO and PEDS before/after he fought Diaz. At the same time a lot of people thought even a shell of his former self Silva would easily beat Bisping.

Bisping isn't my favorite fighter, I rooted against him plenty, but he is one fighter that I will say legit earned his mark on this sport, including his title. Dude is a workhorse.
100% I was never a huge fan but as his career progressed i couldn't help but respect all his hard work over the years

Back