IMO Bisping DID earn his title shot

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
At the time Bisping was coming off a win over Anderson F*ckng Silva. The GOAT.

Although Silva was coming off 2 losses to Weidman and a NC he would've been seen as a comfortable favorite over Jacare or Yoel.

Say what you want about the decision but Bisping went toe-to-toe with Silva and won. That gutsy performance was worthy of TS.

He should've been the next in line to get a shot after the Weidman-Luke rematch. As it happened, he got the late notice call up and took full advantage of it.

Last edited:
Bisping isn't my favorite fighter, I rooted against him plenty, but he is one fighter that I will say legit earned his mark on this sport, including his title. Dude is a workhorse.

True and True, but people dont care, they'll find a reason to bitch and complain. It sucks.

I don't think anyone could argue his title shot given he took it on 2 weeks notification. You can't deny he won the title in any way shape or form other than on his merits but you can slag of the defense against Hendo, but that was a historical fight that should have happened but not for the title.

Yeah, I agree but I hate hate late replacements for a title shot. You can say the challenger came on short notice, but luke was training for another fight. It changes everything

Although he was coming off 2 losses to Weidman and a NC he would've been seen as a comfortable favorite over Jacare or Yoel.

Say what you want about the decision but Bisping went toe-to-toe with Silva and won. That gutsy performance was worthy of TS. He should've got the late notice call-up if everyone was fit, let alone injured. In fact he should've been the next in line to get a shot after the Weidman-Luke rematch.
"he would've been seen as a comfortable favorite over Jacare or Yoel."

wtf.gif

Ping’s MW title reign was a farce. He did stiffen Rockhold tho so props to him.

how the heck do i change my av picture? sorry off topic but im trying to change it and dont know how.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. -- i get this error message when i click on my picture

i concur.

the fact that a rematch between rockhold and weidman was set up was a joke. weidman got absolutely destroyed by rockhold and was barely in the fight. after back packing rockhold for the first round it was all luke. people like to say it was competitive before weidman threw that joke of a spinning kick but it wasnt.

Twice Bisping had a chance to earn a title shot and twice he came up short. But he stepped up when the opportunity dropped into his lap and capitalized. Fair play to him.

Although he was coming off 2 losses to Weidman and a NC he would've been seen as a comfortable favorite over Jacare or Yoel.

Say what you want about the decision but Bisping went toe-to-toe with Silva and won. That gutsy performance was worthy of TS.

He should've been the next in line to get a shot after the Weidman-Luke rematch. As it happened, he got the late notice call up and took full advantage of it.
of course he deserved his title shot, there were 2 or 3 fighters that were in contention but Bisping had the best win streak

Yeah, I agree but I hate hate late replacements for a title shot. You can say the challenger came on short notice, but luke was training for another fight. It changes everything

I would normally agree except for the fact Luke had already beaten him once and had prepared for him in the past.

He got cocky and took him lightly, no one is to blame on that one but Luke

Bisping gave it all he had and finally got his moment in the spot light it took him years to get.

I can’t stand the red coat, and could watch hendo ko him over and over again and never get board.

But I won’t take his moment from him and commend him on his accomplishment

Nah he didn't. He never did, he failed each time. He was given a chance to step in on late notice, and good on him for winning. But he did not even come close to earning a title shot, and is probably the weakest champ in MMA history.

Yep. And it took the goat to take the strap away from him

I agree. He absolutely earned it. His wins over CB and Leites were deceptively big wins; he beat them at their best points in their careers (or close to it). He had to scratch and claw for both wins, but he did it.

Then, there came the Anderson fight. It was close and controversial, but it was a clear win for Bisping on the scorecards and one of the grittiest performances of his career. Anderson may not have been at his best, but it was still Anderson Silva.

From there, it was a matter of stepping up when Weidman was injured. Yoel wasn't an option, and Jacare didn't want it. Bisping did, and he had been embarrassed by Luke just 1.5 years prior. It took a lot of courage to step into the cage with Luke again, especially since Luke had destroyed Machida and Weidman since their first fight. I'm glad he was rewarded for his balls with the world title and a story for the ages.

Twice Bisping had a chance to earn a title shot and twice he came up short. But he stepped up when the opportunity dropped into his lap and capitalized. Fair play to him.
Bisping technically would have received a titleshot had he got past Chael Sonnen. A fight even Chael said he thought Bisping won. He got a little screwed on that opportunity.

Bisping technically would have received a titleshot had he got past Chael Sonnen. A fight even Chael said he thought Bisping won. He got a little screwed on that opportunity.

That's one of the times that I'm talking about. The other is Belfort. But the fact remains that twice Bisping had a chance to earn a title shot and twice he came up short.

Of course he earned it. Are there people who said he didn’t?

I do disagree on how he won though. Andy rocked him bad and it should have been called

Back