Imagine if Semmy Schilt was fighting these guys.

The entire tournament bracket was very relieved when sergei beat semmy to say the least

The names already had wins over Semmy by that time. Sergei was a way more dangerous fight for them. Semmy was not feared by MMA fighters. Lighter weight division fighters have wins over him.

Guy beat him. Semmy was cool and all. But he ended up with 14 MMA loses. 3 losses were to a welterweight. Anyone with MMA skill he lost to. Seems like Struve is the modern version of Semmy. Semmy Struve.

Hunt has like 13 losses, is in his mid40s with more mileage than anyone by far and just knocked out Derrick Lewis who is ranked #2, just last year, and nearly KOd Blaydes in the 1st whos #3. Pancrase was very different, size didnt matter much there. Hunts been finished by MWs more than once

When Hunt and Semmy were both in their purime, there were years and stretches where Semmy was ranked higher and seen as better. From his purime in 00-04 Semmy only lose to the top tier HWs (Fedor, Nog, Barnett, Sergei). Struve has lost to mediocre fighters like Rosholt and couldnt even come close to beating Arlovskis corpse in his last fight lol. He was never near as good as Semmy was

Even as bad as Schilt was in MMA, especially early in his career, he’s still better than Struve. That’s the point I’m making.

When Schilt improved, unlike Struve, he became a formidable opponent. Even then, that HW division didn’t let him get as much success as Struve does.

True. But I just wouldnt see him in the top 5 let alone the top 3 though. Hw is just a bad division to be a fighter in.

I’m not even saying Schilt was that great. He’s definitely better than these guys tonight though.

The thing about that Yvel fight:

1 Yvel is no slouch standing.
2. He eye gouged the shit out of Schilt to the point where Schilts eyes were closed shut.
3. Yvel would beat both guys too.
I know that you don't particularly care about Schilt, but you do care about some guys that fought Schilt.
This is the usual thinly veiled Fedor praise thread.
I have been in this forum long enough to understand the psychology behind Pride nut huggers.

By the way, Tybura would have submitted Schilt in the first.
He was easy to take down, he didn't know how to stand up from the bottom and actually he wasn't very good at using his reach.

I know that you don't particularly care about Schilt, but you do care about some guys that fought Schilt.
This is the usual thinly veiled Fedor praise thread.
I have been in this forum long enough to understand the psychology behind Pride nut huggers.

By the way, Tybura would have submitted Schilt in the first.

Nope. This is more of a, Semmy is similar to Struve, thread. You have issues.

Hunt has like 13 losses, is in his mid40s with more mileage than anyone by far and just knocked out Derrick Lewis who is ranked #2, just last year, and nearly KOd Blaydes in the 1st whos #3. Pancrase was very different, size didnt matter much there. Hunts been finished by MWs more than once

When Hunt and Semmy were both in their purime, there were years and stretches where Semmy was ranked higher and seen as better. From his purime in 00-04 Semmy only lose to the top tier HWs (Fedor, Nog, Barnett, Sergei). Struve has lost to mediocre fighters like Rosholt and couldnt even come close to beating Arlovskis corpse in his last fight lol. He was never near as good as Semmy was

00-04 Semmy didnt beat anyone good.
Yamato 14-25
Takahashi 30-27 a LHW
Shibuya 38-24 a WW
Schrijber 19-16
Shoji 14-17 a MW
Satake 1-8

and so on and so on.

Semmy is so much better than Struve but never had the success that Struve did.

Schmidt gets overrated because people want to make Fedor's win over him look better

Semmy Schilt was very mediocre at MMA.

At kickboxing he was one of the best in history though. He made Rico Verhoeven, albeit a young Verhoeven, look like a child.

When I picture Semmy in MMA I just see people getting bodylock takedowns on him constantly. He used his range much better when he went into K1than he did in his MMA career;

When I picture Semmy in MMA I just see people getting bodylock takedowns on him constantly. He used his range much better when he went into K1than he did in his MMA career;

Very much like Struve, except not slow and plodding with an actual striking game.

I mean Semmy has two losses to Barnett. And if they fought today(hypothetically) Barnett would beat him considering Semmy has been retired for like 5 years now. Also Barnett is no longer with the UFC so please elaborate where I'm wrong.
Two wrongs dont make a right brother. Apologies

The names already had wins over Semmy by that time. Sergei was a way more dangerous fight for them. Semmy was not feared by MMA fighters. Lighter weight division fighters have wins over him.
I saw the backstage pride video of that fight and everyone lookd happy. Watevs

Semmy would never be able to hit the weight limit.

Back