I'm picking Holm upsetting Cyborg, here's why (GIFS)

Cyborg is highly overrated, and has made a career off of beating up smaller girls that don't have as good of striking skills.

Not exactly news. But her size and strength advantages will be too much for Holm.

Sorry but Cyborg is gonna wreck Holm. She does have the tools to beat her but it isn’t gonna work out for her.

It's 50/50, imo. Remember, Holly has been brutally KO'd before...

AcclaimedGlamorousFanworms.gif

That is one off the dopest K.O.s I've ever seen.

Holm's best weapon is the left high kick,if she lands it flush on the Cyborg's dome she may have a chance.However,Cyborg has more potent offensive weapons and more power in her hands.Her chin is excellent and would allow her to weather any storm from Holly including the legendary vaunted high kick.The most plausible winning scenario for the preacher's daughter is getting on her bicycle and outpointing cyborg to a decision win.

It's 50/50, imo. Remember, Holly has been brutally KO'd before...

AcclaimedGlamorousFanworms.gif

Don't think Cris isn't capable of that. That being said, Holly does have the skills to beat Cyborg...but it'll require; top notch game planning, executing said game plan, top cardio, patience, her striking being on point, surviving some bombs, confidence...fun list. Cris isn't going to be like Honda, worn out half way through round one, and open to head kick...BUT, I do believe if Holly can get on her bike, wear Cris out, her guard will go down in later rounds, opening her up to strikes...then Holly could get a later round finish. Cyborg's camp might be anticipating this type of game plan though, wouldn't necessarily surprise me if Cris was more patient...like in her last fight.

Interesting fight.
That’s the first time I’ve seen that. That is horrific

Cyborg is highly overrated, and has made a career off of beating up smaller girls that don't have as good of striking skills.
YawningFemaleAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

Stylistically, Holm is a nightmare matchup for her.

Cyborg is actually very hittable, as she's shown in past fights.
giphy.gif

She relies on the fact that she hits harder than her opposition, even if her opponent happens to land punches on her.
2us76dk.jpg

Her pressure style will work right into Holm's style, which is mostly counter-striking based.
GRExsyQ.gif

Holly is not as good of a striker when she leads, and prefers to counter most of the time. When she leads, it leaves her open to counters and takedowns as well.
ufc-196-1-tate-kosotowm.gif

As long as Holly keeps to her usual counter based striking style, she should have no problem beating Cyborg by UD.
By "As good of striking skills" did you mean "striking skills"?

Holm is the best fighter Cyborg has ever fought, no doubt about it, but Cyborg has been so dominant so far that it's not unreasonable to think Holly may come short anyway

I hope this happens. First legit fighter Cyborg has faced since Gina imo. She was roided to the gills in that fight though. War Holly!
Marloes was more legit than Gina and Cyborg beat her twice. To me those were her best wins.

miesha, dat u?

Back