I'm picking Holm upsetting Cyborg, here's why (GIFS)

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Cyborg is highly overrated, and has made a career off of beating up smaller girls that don't have as good of striking skills.
YawningFemaleAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

Stylistically, Holm is a nightmare matchup for her.

Cyborg is actually very hittable, as she's shown in past fights.
giphy.gif

She relies on the fact that she hits harder than her opposition, even if her opponent happens to land punches on her.
2us76dk.jpg

Her pressure style will work right into Holm's style, which is mostly counter-striking based.
GRExsyQ.gif

Holly is not as good of a striker when she leads, and prefers to counter most of the time. When she leads, it leaves her open to counters and takedowns as well.
ufc-196-1-tate-kosotowm.gif

As long as Holly keeps to her usual counter based striking style, she should have no problem beating Cyborg by UD.

Seriously doubt it, but would be more than happy to see it.

I really, really don't see that happening, but I hope it does.

She's very hittable in past fights...
Shows a gif of Cyborg in a MT fight

Brilliant posting TS. Cyborg mauls Holm

I hope this happens. First legit fighter Cyborg has faced since Gina imo. She was roided to the gills in that fight though. War Holly!

It's 50/50, imo. Remember, Holly has been brutally KO'd before (and these weren't 4 ounce gloves either)...

AcclaimedGlamorousFanworms.gif

Don't think Cris isn't capable of that. That being said, Holly does have the skills to beat Cyborg...but it'll require; top notch game planning, executing said game plan, top cardio, patience, her striking being on point, surviving some bombs, confidence...fun list. Cris isn't going to be like Honda, worn out half way through round one, and open to head kick...BUT, I do believe if Holly can get on her bike, wear Cris out, her guard will go down in later rounds, opening her up to strikes...then Holly could get a later round finish. Cyborg's camp might be anticipating this type of game plan though, wouldn't necessarily surprise me if Cris was more patient...like in her last fight.

Interesting fight.

Last edited:
Didn't we have a poll which had about a third of Sherdog backing Holm? That seemed a pretty reasonable result. I do think the Holm backers underestimate Cyborg's striking technique while the Cyborg fans overestimate her power.

I think Holm has the footwork to beat Cyborg but maybe not the jab.

And here's why I'm picking Cyborg. Holly is a pillow fist, and 4 out of every 5 of her strikes hits nothing but air. She's had one good win in her entire UFC career--Ronda Rousey. She doesn't like to get hit, and Cyborg hits harder than anyone she's fought. Her only chance at beating Cyborg is to land a flush head kick, but Cyborg is far more skilled than Bethe Correia and has many more offensive tools.

Hopefully after this fight the UFC can finally stop gifting her title shots. She's overrated and a typical boring Greg Jackson fighter.

I don't think holly will be able to hurt Cyborg

You showed the Gif of that MR fight where she fought the incredibly talented top tier female MT fighter. She ate those shots like pancakes and kept coming forward.. even though she was terribly out matched she scored knockdowns and won rounds late in the fight.

That fight really made me a believer. Cyborg is on another level.

I honestly expect this to be a beatdown like any other cyborg fight.

It's 50/50, imo. Remember, Holly has been brutally KO'd before...

AcclaimedGlamorousFanworms.gif

Don't think Cris isn't capable of that. That being said, Holly does have the skills to beat Cyborg...but it'll require; top notch game planning, executing said game plan, top cardio, patience, her striking being on point, surviving some bombs, confidence...fun list. Cris isn't going to be like Honda, worn out half way through round one, and open to head kick...BUT, I do believe if Holly can get on her bike, wear Cris out, her guard will go down in later rounds, opening her up to strikes...then Holly could get a later round finish. Cyborg's camp might be anticipating this type of game plan though, wouldn't necessarily surprise me if Cris was more patient...like in her last fight.

Interesting fight.
early stoppage

Holly could win and I think the reasons for that are pretty well explained by the TS. But Holly Holm is a very good, but not great, 135 pound fighter. Even if you rate Cyborg as only very good, she is going to be tough to beat at 145 pounds by and 135er.

Back