Shoop I'm now a fighter after 9 months of training, shoop the amateur!

I was a street fighter in my school and life, I discovered Muay Thai when I was 18 by my Little brother, then decided to become an amateur fighter as a bucket list around 2022.
I also learned a bit of BJJ in my own home and a BJJ-based fight gym, MMA in my fight gym. but I've always felt more like a boxer/brawler than a Fighter my entire life. I was inspired by Chute Boxe's style along with Wanderlei silva's style.

I'm 23 years old.

I weigh 83 KG
[182 LBS]
Super Light Heavyweight

Concussions I've had probably, I like to guess a couple but they were mild. the last time I was concussed was when I got kneed in the dome.
Mild/Borderline.

My fight team is Fite 108.

Thank you all for the support, it helps a lot. :)
Cool man, thanks for the reply.

How would you rate yourself 1-10 on the following, with 0 being no training and 10 being UFC champ level...?

Striking offense
Striking defense
Takedown O
TDD
Scrambles
Submission offense
Submission defense
Cardio
Power
Chin
Willing to fight thru adversity (finish R3 down 0-2)

Best weapons

Weaknesses to improve

8pnanc.jpg

I'm not sure, I think insurance but. I'm not thinking about my looks, my teeth, or my wellbeing.

I know what I'm getting myself into, but I wanna do it while I'm in my prime. then I'll pursue my cartoonist career. I just don't think of the health of it, I've always been a fighter my whole life and I've accepted that I do want to fight, and that I've become a better person because of it.

Disciplined, being focused.
All of this I've learned in 9 months more than I did in school, So in the end. If I go to hospital, at least I gave it everything I had than to quit when It's already too late.
god, you seem way too level headed to be in this sport....

but jokes aside, I am proud of you, sherbro. I should also bite the bullet and start Sambo or BJJ to supplement my striking.

Cool man, thanks for the reply.

How would you rate yourself 1-10 on the following, with 0 being no training and 10 being UFC champ level...?

Striking offense
Striking defense
Takedown O
TDD
Scrambles
Submission offense
Submission defense
Cardio
Power
Chin
Willing to fight thru adversity (finish R3 down 0-2)

Best weapons

Weaknesses to improve

I don't like rating myself because I would've let the fights rate it for me.

but if I had to guess.

Striking offence: 8 (Judging by accuracy, speed and precision)
Striking defence: 5 (my aggressive style and how I'm willing to trade shots makes defence tough for me)
Takedown O: 3 (I just started doing MMA so my takedowns while I've learned how to do a double leg, the guy I've practised with, managed to sprawl it easily with no MMA experience)
TDD: 5 (I'm confident I could sprawl or keep the fight standing but again, I'm more a rookie around it, but feel like Jon Jones learning the technique to this kind of things)
Scrambles: 6 (I've managed to move enough to find holes in submissions and even get on top)
Submission offence: 5 (I've managed to use my BJJ knowledge for armbars or triangle chokes out of muscle memory and instinct, I'm impressed when I did an Americana easily once all over a YouTube video, Evan Tanner knowledge right there, boom! lol)
Submission Defence: 7 (Again, it's instinct. so I would fight their arms to prevent them from choking me or an armbar, even had the urge to slam like Rampage Jackson, lol.)
Cardio: 10 (My Cardio is like...oh boy, what to say...if your little brother called you "The Household Superman" then you must be doing something right. I've done 5 KM runs like it's a breakfast meal despite the only reason why I looked tired was due to my legs aching badly from the shoes, I've been able to keep moving forward with insane pressure, someone told me about me still standing on my feet after a short run, I just told them that the short run and the 5 KM run barely did much to me, even I'm shocked by how I could just move nonstop like a Tasmanian devil when I got endless cardio)
Power: 10 (I always was told about my punching power, but I fear my power as well, so I have to learn how to spar without putting any punching power into it, I once threw a haymaker and it stunned someone, it felt like an anime strike when you feel all of that energy flowing into your arm, I'll never forget that day, it shocked me, convinced me how much of a punch I got within my veins, still in doubt tho)
Chin: 9 (I didn't make this a 10 because I'm convinced I got a chance to be knocked out, but so far in sparring, despite the head kicks, kneed in the dome, all they done was either stun me or concussed me, I never once was knocked out, I remember one time, a massive heavyweight fella, after not knowing what to do for my first ever sparring session or my third, He hit me with some nasty shots, I was dazed but that's pretty much it, so I'm confident to trade shots.)

Willing to fight thru adversity (finish R3 down 0-2): 10 (If I have to finish round 3, I'll won't hold back. I'll trade shots, I'll throw wild punches, and I'll even want the pain, if it gets me a victory, sounds stupid, sounds reckless, but there's something within my mentality that doesn't register holding back.)

Best Weapons: My Left Hook, Right Straight, Wild punches (Again I'm more a puncher, so inspired by Chute Boxe's style, I've thought instead of trying to land combos, I would throw hits aggressively with each swing, then when the combo or some strike registers within my mind, I'll land it accurately with technique, it's working so far, espeically if I'm gonna have to chase after them, I'm also great at catching their legs becuase when I do, I just unleash punch after punch agressively to the head, so I'm proud of my aresnal even if I have to restrain my entire aresnal for my teammates)

Weaknesses to improve: trips & Sweeps (I'm someone who finds tripping and sweeping people tougher than I like to think it could be, so I'll always see them still on their feet, so that's something atm to work on)

Great Questions mate! loved answering them! :3

Back