Im Baffled with Manny Pacquiao, is he a hard hitter or not? conflicting reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Manny Pacquiao is a very strange and mysterious individual when it comes to his power does he hit hard or not is the question I wonder, fighters who have sparred and fought him have differing opinions. I will post my theory below at the bottom:

Jorge Solis, Oscar De La Hoya, Mikey Garcia, Brandon Rios and Antonio Margarito all said Manny has no power, Jorge Solis said his wife hits harder than Manny, Oscar said it felt like a gnat, Garcia said Pacquiao only hit him hard one time in their sparring, Rios said Pacquiao never hurt him and he never felt any power, Margarito in the corner said Pacquiao has no power to Garcia.

But then you get guys like Shane Mosley who say Pacquiao got a mysterious one inch punch power that rattles your brain, he said at a time that Pac hit him hardest he ever been hit.

Chris Algieri saying Pacquiao has unique power, Bradley saying Pacquiao can crack that its a special type ofpower that you never feel because when you shake Mannys hand he isn't heavy handed but his punch is snappy but shakes your brain and makes it flicker.

SHANE MOSLEY: "PACQUIAO, HE JUST TOUCHES YOU AND YOU'RE ALREADY WOBBLING"
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11095.html

"Pacquiao has some pretty good punching power," Shane told FightHype in Fall 2011. "He has some different hitting power. He's not physically strong, but he hits pretty good, like he has a good snap or something." "I get hit, even now, I get hit by bigger guys all the time and there's no dazing, I don't wobble, I don't do any of that stuff..." With Pacquiao, he just touches you and you're already wobbling. [But] It's not like he's heavy-handed. He's not heavy-handed..." "It's the weirdest thing," added the former multi-division champion.

Floyds bodyguard said Floyd told them personally in private that Pacquiao was the hardest hitter he fought

Then you get Shawn Porter saying Pacman is the hardest hitter her ever faced.

Another sparring partner claims Manny had bricks in his hands

The only thing I can suspect is PED usage or unique handwraps, because when Pacquiao decides to let his hands go he will swell your face up like in one round he wasn't really catching Horn flush but at the end of the round 9 Horns face was swollen and marked up, I believe maybe he is using illegal style wraps?

The only other option I can think is that Manny pulls his punches in fights, like he purposely throws arm flurries and doesn't put much mustard in his shots, I watched him throw shots and he seldom loads up, only time I really saw him load up is his vicious KO of Hatton, he mainly likes throwing arm flurries, Roach claims when Manny wants to hurt you he can and he had discussions with Manny to not show pity and finish guys but Manny tells him boxing is not for killing, that you dont need to hurt your opponent bad to win.

All in all I have no clue if he is a puncher or not, he is an anomaly, Why would some guys say he can't bust a grape then others say he hit him hard and made them wobble or dizzy?

The three options:

He was on PEDS
He uses loaded or illegal style gloves and wraps
Or he does hit hard but just throws flurries and seldom loads up like Deontay Wilder style on guys.

You should've left your PED speculation and loaded wraps out of this. Pac hits hard enough to hurt and drop Welterweights. Oscar's reaction (facial expressions & body language) to getting hit by Pac was being very surprised each time he landed. If you study his punching technique (the mechanics) and factor in a couple things it can be explained without needing to speculate about illegal substances or loaded wraps. In other words, there's a legitimate scientific explanation to explain his power (or lack of at times according to a few of these guys).

He's a fuckin' former flyweight. Some of those dudes you mentioned walked around (when fighting) at like eleven & a half stone.

His power's based mostly on speed & crazy angles & snap & timing (obviously, 'cos he's "naturally" half the size of most of the blokes on your list).

Have you only just started watching boxing?

You should've left your PED speculation and loaded wraps out of this. Pac hits hard enough to hurt and drop Welterweights. Oscar's reaction (facial expressions & body language) to getting hit by Pac was being very surprised each time he landed. If you study his punching technique (the mechanics) and factor in a couple things it can be explained without needing to speculate about illegal substances or loaded wraps. In other words, there's a legitimate scientific explanation to explain his power (or lack of at times according to a few of these guys).

He's a fuckin' former flyweight. Some of those dudes you mentioned walked around (when fighting) at like eleven & a half stone.

His power's based mostly on speed & crazy angles & snap & timing (obviously, 'cos he's "naturally" half the size of most of the blokes on your list).

Have you only just started watching boxing?

Does he have power or not? thats my question, at one point you see this former 105 pounder go all the way to 150 and destroy faces, and wobble big men without BREAKING A DAMN BONE IN HIS HANDS or getting hurt by return fire, this is not normal, not normal at all, is it wrong to suspect PEDS in his rise or illegal wraps?

How come other guys are not marking guys up like that and they are much bigger than Manny, I posted a video here of Pacs illegal wraps that could be why

Either Manny has some freakish hard bones that never break or the wraps he uses protects his hands and add a casting type feel to it causing bones to break in his opponents face and giving him snap?

Put an out of the closet gay in the ring with him, Pac won't be pulling any punches in that fight.

There's many reasons why Pac has shown different levels of power, anywhere from the weight he was fighting at to the fact that his angles are nuts and he hits guys with shots they don't see coming. He punches hard for his size, yes.

he was a devastating heavy handed puncher at 126-130. As he moved up it became more snap related, shots u don't see hurt the most and his offensive came at such awkward angles and rhythms he would catch people with those shots.

The only weird thing is how his power mysteriously vanished with Alex Ariza when he left.. He is nowhere near the puncher he once was, even at 147. If he was, Horn would have been taken to a hospital in round 9. To be a devastating knockout artist to going on a 7 year streak of no ko's is very odd. Power is the last thing that is supposed to leave. He also no longer complains about calf cramps, and when he was complaining about calf cramps, he was a wrecking ball to fighters way naturally bigger than him. Don't know if theres a correlation between ped's and calf cramps but it is something I've noted over the years.

Put this ridiculous op back in your box and go to esb if you want to look like an idiot.

He flattened a p4p ranked lineal champ in one of his fights. Makes him a pussy huh? Fuck off with that.

Put an out of the closet gay in the ring with him, Pac won't be pulling any punches in that fight.

There's many reasons why Pac has shown different levels of power, anywhere from the weight he was fighting at to the fact that his angles are nuts and he hits guys with shots they don't see coming. He punches hard for his size, yes.

LMAO you made me laugh hard with that one

It's bad when you prefer Queen B's trolling to this bullshit.

He was undersized in the later part of his career. Much like Floyd, he didn't really carry his power with him when he moved up

Below 140, yeah, he was a killer. His power didn't carry with him but his speed and punch selection were top shelf at welter.

He was undersized in the later part of his career. Much like Floyd, he didn't really carry his power with him when he moved up
Did you watch the videos, whats fishy is mosely said manny hit him and hurt him bad, later guys like rios say pac has zero power, its either he was on peds, used illegal wraps, or he just doesnt load up on punches

Below 140, yeah, he was a killer. His power didn't carry with him but his speed and punch selection were top shelf at welter.
Finally a rational answer, but one thing is his ability to absorb punishment at the higher weights, do you suspect he was given something? Usually smaller men who move up cannot go toe to toe they have to be defensive. Manny was getting touched a lot and the cotto fight is the fight that shocked me he let cotto hit him, even when he didnt see the punch and cotto landed it ddint hurt manny.

Do you suspect he was taking something?

Finally a rational answer, but one thing is his ability to absorb punishment at the higher weights, do you suspect he was given something? Usually smaller men who move up cannot go toe to toe they have to be defensive. Manny was getting touched a lot and the cotto fight is the fight that shocked me he let cotto hit him, even when he didnt see the punch and cotto landed it ddint hurt manny.

I mean he pretty much said the same thing i did lol. Its hard for guys who cut next to nothing to have KO power in Boxing against bigger guys

Did you watch the videos, whats fishy is mosely said manny hit him and hurt him bad, later guys like rios say pac has zero power, its either he was on peds, used illegal wraps, or he just doesnt load up on punches
You are an idiot when you can't see any reason other than PED's and loaded wraps based on no evidence at all compared to the fact that his power didn't carry when he moved up in weight. Ever heard of Occams razor? Well it fits perfectly here.

What are you on about?? PED's don't increase punch resistance... ffs

Even Canelo doesn't seem to have the same power at MW as jrMW

You are an idiot when you can't see any reason other than PED's and loaded wraps based on no evidence at all compared to the fact that his power didn't carry when he moved up in weight. Ever heard of Occams razor? Well it fits perfectly here.

Lol another guy in denial, pacquaio was destroying faces and breaking fools at welter, he even dropped algieri hard, i suspect they didnt drug test him in macau, because when he fought floyd he didnt look that good, algieri was moving way more than floyd and pac still used his range finding left hand missle to time him, something is fishy.

Also how come manny has yet to break a bone in his hands? He could have taken some hgh or something, he hits a hard ass heavy bag non stop full blast without breaking his hands, he also never broke his hands in a fight, i suspect its the style of wrapping with the cord between the knuckles, so its a combo, when he was wrecking fools he was on ariza supplements, combined with shady hand wrapping and hgh for bone growth?

Show me a little ass man like that who can bang with a guy jeff horns size and not fall down? Juan manuel marquez juiced but he had no choice if he didnt hire memo heredia he would probably get stretched by manny at 147. He had to even the playing field

Heck i also believe floyd uses adderall or smart drugs for reaftion time. All these top guys are taking something for an edge, especially if they got the money and clout

there is an interview where Margarito says Manny is the best puncher he ever fought maybe you're just looking at it too much. You have Antonio saying he doesn't hit hard during the fight but after he says he does.

https://www.ringtv.com/413239-best-ive-faced-antonio-margarito/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back