Ilir Latifi appreciation thread

I like him, he seems like a good dude, I am glad he got the win today.

He looked good.

So uh, is this guy actually a good fighter or what?

Wow! Latifi not getting a PotN? I know McGregor and Gunnar were good but I'm pretty saddened by that.

Wow! Latifi not getting a PotN? I know McGregor and Gunnar were good but I'm pretty saddened by that.

I know man, I feel the same way, they always give it to the superstars.

Last edited:
that's how good Mousassi is. he beat this guy hurt and made him look likehe never trained a day in his life.

I bet there are gonna be no Serb, Croat, Greek or Slovene posters expressing their appreciation for this. I bet a lot of them would throw piles of garbage at the cage if they ever saw him live.

Huh? Serb i kinda get, but why the others?

Huh? Serb i kinda get, but why the others?

My understanding is that Greeks and Albanians also hate each other and want to kill each other and that even Croats, Slovenes and Macedonians are starting to feel that way about Albanians too. And so basically, if you have a bunch of young guys in a room, and half are Albanians and half are some combo of Greeks, Serbs, Croats, Macedonians and Slovenes, you leave them alone with each other and it is all but given you will have at least several dead and several more permanently crippled bodies when you get back.

Dude is such a warrior. Glad to see him notch another victory on his belt.

1-1-1.gif

Swedes gonna swede

My understanding is that Greeks and Albanians also hate each other and want to kill each other and that even Croats, Slovenes and Macedonians are starting to feel that way about Albanians too. And so basically, if you have a bunch of young guys in a room, and half are Albanians and half are some combo of Greeks, Serbs, Croats, Macedonians and Slovenes, you leave them alone with each other and it is all but given you will have at least several dead and several more permanently crippled bodies when you get back.

lol what, I have nothing against Albanians. Where would I be gettin my bread at in Croatia without them :icon_chee

that's how good Mousassi is. he beat this guy hurt and made him look likehe never trained a day in his life.

cmon man I'm a Mousasi fan but Latifi had like 2 days to cut weight and prepare to fight.

You seem to have a week understanding of the Balkans and the conflicts there. There have never been any major conflict between Croats and Albanians, there's small minority of Albanians living in Croatia and they're doing fine. In fact, ultra-nationalist Croats tend to like Albanians for snatching Kosovo from Serbia.

Slovenians had no part of the post-Yugoslavia conflict and are have no historical gripes against Albanians. Lol at thinking that all the people in that area are savages who would fight each other on sight, it's not that simple.

You seem to have a week understanding of the Balkans and the conflicts there. There have never been any major conflict between Croats and Albanians, there's small minority of Albanians living in Croatia and they're doing fine. In fact, ultra-nationalist Croats tend to like Albanians for snatching Kosovo from Serbia.

Slovenians had no part of the post-Yugoslavia conflict and are have no historical gripes against Albanians. Lol at thinking that all the people in that area are savages who would fight each other on sight, it's not that simple.

Albanians probably have the strongest relationship with Croats/Slovenes due to common Catholicism. One of Latifi's corner men is Greek so this is a sign the situation in the Balkans is improving lol.

on a sidenote his older brother was also an mma fighter

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Arben-Lafti-3711

btw im not sure Latifi would continue to stay in the LHW division (if he does well) with Alex in the roster, doubt they would fight eachother

Yea his brother devoted less time to mma and focused more on a grappling career. I would like to see him make a run at mma (I think in the HW division since he seems bigger then his brother.)

albanians have a history with serbs,greeks and macedonians but there isnt any quarrel with them and croats and slovenians

but pls lets not derail here

Yea his brother devoted less time to mma and focused more on a grappling career. I would like to see him make a run at mma (I think in the HW division since he seems bigger then his brother.)

not sure he has age on his side for a return in the mma scene, Ilir is 31 but i dont know how old Arben is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back