Igor Vovchanchyn vs Andrei Arlovski

Would look like the Sergei fight

10001730.gif

Honestly Igor was not close to as good a kickboxer as Sergei.

arlovski was quick accurate and packed a nice punch but igor was skilled on the feet also plus he hit just as hard and had a better chin. i think arlovskis chin costs him the fight

Igor i believe would win, best power from heavyweight i have ever saw.

igor-vovchanchyn-ko-o.gif
sgsg8l.jpg

e71f5y.gif

arlovski was quick accurate and packed a nice punch but igor was skilled on the feet also plus he hit just as hard and had a better chin. i think arlovskis chin costs him the fight

Igor to me was more an "accurate brawler" similar to Wanderlei but minus the clinch game, Arlovski had his weaknesses but at his peak he threw some incredibly quick and accurate punches plus had the ability to pick away from the outside, both would I think be a problem for Igor.

Its a strange situation really but even as a big fan of Igor back in the day I do think he's an example of what a lot of people incorrectly claim about guys like Fedor, Crocop, etc, the legend has outstripped the reality. You do need to remember of course that Igor was an innovator as well, I class him more like Saku or Bas in that regard rather than judging him against fully evolved MMA of the mid 00's.

Igor to me was more an "accurate brawler" similar to Wanderlei but minus the clinch game, Arlovski had his weaknesses but at his peak he threw some incredibly quick and accurate punches plus had the ability to pick away from the outside, both would I think be a problem for Igor.

Its a strange situation really but even as a big fan of Igor back in the day I do think he's an example of what a lot of people incorrectly claim about guys like Fedor, Crocop, etc, the legend has outstripped the reality. You do need to remember of course that Igor was an innovator as well, I class him more like Saku or Bas in that regard rather than judging him against fully evolved MMA of the mid 00's.

its a good fight either way. cro cop knocked igor out cold, at heavyweight any big shot can end it so its hard to predict especially when the 2 guys are successful strikers.

its a good fight either way. cro cop knocked igor out cold, at heavyweight any big shot can end it so its hard to predict especially when the 2 guys are successful strikers.

My feeling would be something like 1/3 chance of a Arlovski KO, 1/3 chance of an Igor KO, 1/3 chance of an Arlovski decision.

Back