If you had to watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would that be?

Caddyshack. Murray and Rodney slay me every time.

It would not be a great film (like Apocalypse Now or Blade Runner) because those are superior yet not as enjoyable to sit through repeatedly. It would be something idiotic that my friends and I watch all the time, anyway - something like Step Brothers or Kingpin or Bloodsport.

Bloodsport
https://tenor.com/view/thumbs-up-jean-claude-van-damme-gif-11726565
thumbs-up-jean-claude-van-damme-gif-11726565

It would not be a great film (like Apocalypse Now or Blade Runner) because those are superior yet not as enjoyable to sit through repeatedly. It would be something idiotic that my friends and I watch all the time, anyway - something like Step Brothers or Kingpin or Bloodsport.

Either way, this sounds like a horrible fate.

Came in to say Kingpin

The Princess Bride

Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

Either way, this sounds like a horrible fate.
I’d take the same approach, it’s not my favourite film (although it’s top 10) but I’d pick Withnail and I, there’s no such thing as an endlessly watchable film, but that’s as close as I can think of.

The Princess Bride

Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...
That’s a good choice.

Nice A.V. by the way, my Old Man used to live in Cerne Abbas, the village where that is carved into the hill.

I have no particular reason as to why this is, but the fully extended version of the watchmen. Not my favorite movie by far, but if I see it on tv, I end up watching the whole thing with as much interest as the first time. I must have seen it 5 times now.

I'm always amazed by the amount of people who haven't seen this film, it relly is something special.

It's bloody delightful, that's why. Jean Pierre Jeunet has a number of whimsical films. CITY OF LOST CHILDREN is another favorite of mine. Guillermo del Toro and Ang Lee are similar masters of visual style. Spike Jonze and Wes Anderson and Sophia Coppola, like you mentioned, are US versions. Stephen Chow out of Hong Kong / China.

Those suggestions are good, thanks for those. Your connection with Amelies director and del Toro being similar makes sense as we saw Shape of Water at the cinema and really enjoyed that too so we'll look at your other recommendations...cheers..

Well, 'Lord of the Rings' takes a lifetime to watch, so, good choice.

Not sure what I'd pick...I could narrow it down to:

- Boogie Nights
- Das Boot
- Lost in Translation
- The Big Lebowski

Back