If you had to show only one fight...

Shogun vs. Machida 1

Its a beautiful fight and highly technical with a title on the line fought by guys who could end it at any time with one punch.
Its also a great example of styles make fights.

Hendo vs Shogun I and dare I say Holm vs Rousey....

Insert gif here of the new black sheriff Bart in Blazing Saddles echoing, "Dare, Dare."

Anderson Sliva locking that triangle on Chael Sonnen was just UNBELIEVABLE.

The skill it takes to pull that off is off the charts. That was a legacy defining and saving moment.

That fight made me follow MMA. I was flabbergasted. That was a movie script ending. A movie about Silva should end with that scene.

Then I found out he was dealing with a rib injury in his training camp. Wow!

cody vs cruz was a fun fight to watch my house was going crazy when he was dancing around

Maybe Rampage vs Wanderlei 1 if they are the type who I think would like it for the sport aspect otherwise maybe Silva vs Griffin or the good ole TUF classic Forrest vs Bonnar if I pick them too be a more casual fan. The Silva vs Griffin fight is probably the safe pick since either side of the fence can appreciate that one.

Lots of answers in this thread would be too much for MMA neophytes, IMO.

Too much violence and blood will turn a lot of people off, so fights like Lawler MacDonald 2 or Jones v Shogun aren't great choices, despite being amazing fights.

I'd go with Pettis v Bendo 1. Great back and forth action on the feet and the ground, with high stakes (for the final WEC LW belt and, at the time, a shot at the UFC belt), finishing off with the one of the most spectacular kicks in MMA.

Shamrock/Gracie 2? (the 34 minuet one) killed my hype for MMA, but years later Anderson got me into it. Dont remember which fight

Diego Sanchez vs Karo Parisyan

And just for fun...
DIEGOGUIDASLUGFEST.gif

Shogun v. Machida 1.

Filter out the mouth-breathing neckbeards, live happily ever after.

Last edited:
Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald

If I'm trying to show them everything about MMA, instead of just going for the best war possible I go with

KZ/Porier or Cowboy/Bendo 1

Fights with non-stop action both standing and grappling

Back