If you had to show only one fight...

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you had to show only one fight to someone who had never watched MMA, that was a perfect representation of mixed martial arts what would you show. A fight that was literally perfect and had it all, showing sportsmanship, heart, determination, athleticism, and was overall a VERY good and entertaining fight, to hook them into MMA. What fight got you guys hooked into MMA?

I got into mma with bj penn vs jens pulver.

I'd show jones vs shogun, because it's my favorite fight and it's fun as fuck.

Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald and Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson.

I was hooked after UFC 1. But if I had to pick just one fight to show someone... Lawlor v. MacDonald II.

I'd show jones vs shogun, because it's my favorite fight and it's fun as fuck.

True, you have the new up n coming fighter Jon jones go up against a legend of the sport and completely dominant. He opens up the fight with a flying knee, beats him on the ground, and etc... It was the ultimate passing of the torch fight in the most epic and dominating way.

something with vovchanchyn, and him winning of course. not a popular pick, but I don't give a fuck.

If you had to show only one fight to someone who had never watched MMA, that was a perfect representation of mixed martial arts what would you show. A fight that was literally perfect and had it all, showing sportsmanship, heart, determination, athleticism, and was overall a VERY good and entertaining fight, to hook them into MMA. What fight got you guys hooked into MMA?

I can't recall what got me into MMA but I know what fight I'd show them for sure. Lawler v. Macdonald 2. Easy.

Don-Frye-vs-Takiyama-classic-exchange.gif

Anderson vs Forrest
Conor vs Alvarez
Jones vs Shogun

Nog/Sylvia
Anderson/Chael I
Fedor/Cro Cop

Minotauro vs Couture. Yes its an old man fight, but it had nice striking exchanges, wrestling, grappling, close escapes, and lots of action. Not extremely bloody either.

Fedor/Cro Cop

As good as that fight was, and impressive as it was, I wouldn't show it to non-MMA fans. They wouldn't understand the significance of the match since they don't know how good of a striker and kick boxer cro cop is and how much of a killer he is; and how it was incredible that fedor decided to stand with him.

And tbh that fight did not live up to its expectations, however it is still an epic and classic fight

Back