If you bash fighters for tapping to strikes I

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
You're probably a bunch of retard sheep who don't know why something is what it is, but decide to follow it cause others are doing it.

So tapping to an arm bar is totally acceptable to save it from breaking, but tapping to save your skull or jaw from breaking is somehow cowardly?

I imagine most of you shit talkers never been in a real fight, bunch of millennial snowflakes who grew up talking shit from the safety of your laptop. Fuck you.

That's my rant for the day, flame away.

Gimme some of that coffee bro I could use it

But I agree

BJ Penn: "If you tap to strikes, you're a little bitch."

Ending your post with "flame away" is the weakest thing ever.

"Please notice I said something controversial!"

Sometimes irrational things get nested within a sport and become difficult to dislodge because of inertia and tradition.

The stigma of tapping to strikes is one of them.

I think this is one of those things that a few fighters said was unacceptable so the fans jumped on board. I don't get it myself? You want to be spared from a broken arm but not brain damage? OK.

Tap to strikes and fight again in 4-6 months.

Don't tap to strikes, get stopped and fight again in a year.

I'm tapping.

It's not so simple. Tapping out is the resource to get out of unavoidable damage. The person doesn't "think" to tap out, it's a desperate decision. What a fighter might know, is that a leg lock that can bust the knee and screw him for over 9 months and make his career difficult is a no brainer. The effects of brain damage are not immediate, and most fighters take them a bit too lightly. Then again, boxing ends up being a much worse sport, because they punch harder, and that's all they do.

It should be on the referees to stop fighters a bit earlier, but people would complain, they want to see people being battered: so maybe, tapping to strikes is a good alternative to bad refereeing to avoid anomalies.

The problem is: you learn to tap to submissions in your first day in a grappling gym. You never learn to tap to strikes AND you might not be 100% aware of what is going on to even make the decision.

It's not trivial.

I'm sure guys like Chael will have the last laugh.

I agree. It comes from some of the fighters. And the moron fans are stupid enough to buy into some alpha shit that a meathead fighter says.

BJ Penn got the ball rolling on this one, and then he quit in the stool, which is 10x worse than tapping to strikes. Other fighters have echoed his sentiments, which have only perpetuated this idea that strike-tappers are bitches. But, if you watch enough mma, it becomes apparent pretty quickly how fuckin stupid that mentality is. Too many tough fighters have tapped to strikes for it to be some sacred taboo thing. It's still considered a bad day at the office for the fighters- maybe even an embarrassment- but it's not like it defines them.

Back