If you are a snob I am about to like totally ruin that for you.

Judge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A snob is someone without an independent center of judgement, who can only value what the "in" group in society happens to esteem at any given time . They do not have their own opinions. They don't know what to think until some prestigious voice makes up their mind for them.

And yes, now I feel kind of icky about being a BEER SNOB....but fuck if I am going to drink shitty beer, ffs!!!

Also kind of reminded me of American Psycho and how Bateman basically gets all his opinions by reading GQ and etc.
BONUS: Jared Leto axed to death!!!

Im guessing you learnt that from the videos you watch and shit, wouldnt that make you a snob too?

Thats pretty interesting if thats snobberies actual definition. I always thought of it as someone thinking they possess way more knowledge than they actually do, and boy dont they know it.

I was a goth for a time as a kid. I came to realise that people all try to be like other people, unless they don't, and if they don't, they're clinically insane.

It's incredibly hard for people to be unlike others, it's just how many of those others there are that makes them seem more or less common.

That definition seems to be quite the opposite of a snob, unless I'm missing something.

A snob is typically someone who defies social popularity for things they perceive to be more complex.

That definition seems to be quite the opposite of a snob, unless I'm missing something.

A snob is typically someone who defies social popularity for things they perceive to be more complex.

Well, here is the first definition on google
"a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class."

So, I think the video paints a fair definition but also expands on what that actually entails

By your definition of snob, nearly everyone is a snob.

It is actually the video's definition but it seems to jive with google.
I'd say that if you are an individual you are not a snob.

But it sounds like you have to be a snob because you can't see how you cannot be one.

I'd say people who form their own opinions about things and life are not snobs. There is the X GROUP likes this and they are better than anyone else so whatever X GROUP likes I will like.

I'd say it is very possible to not be a snob.

If you use Rotten Tomatoes score to determine the worth of a movie you might be a snob.

Well, here is the first definition on google
"a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class."

So, I think the video paints a fair definition but also expands on what that actually entails

"Snob" as a colloquialism has moved away from a wealth-based definition, though.

If the video is only following that idea, then it's basically a worthless thought project on what the word used to mean.

Why do you post like a valley girl?
Because he's a Russian bot.
giphy.gif

But it sounds like you have to be a snob because you can't see how you cannot be one.

No, that’s not what I was saying. What I was saying is that most people are too stupid to really form their own opinions about anything, so they listen to someone else’s opinion, repeat it, and call it their own.

My opinion is that that most people are too stupid to really form their own opinions about anything, so they listen to someone else’s opinion, repeat it, and call it their own.

Back