If Weidman retired tomorrow, what would be his legacy?

Yes. You apparently have never seen a properly checked kick. Notice how Silva’s leg had never snapped in half before?

It’s because nobody’s ever perfectly checked one of his kicks. It’s not like legs always break when kicks are checked, but this is one of the reasons not to throw naked leg kicks without a setup.

Weidman had been practicing checking kicks since the first fight. If you think he unintentionally checked that kick you should just stop watching MMA now.
166.gif

I guess nobody properly checks kicks then because it has only happened to him and Corey Hill.

? Deluded hater...

And btw he beat Gastelum post USADA, a guy that may very well be getting a title shot after mauling Bisping.

Not to mention, he lost to the top 3 guys at middleweight and beat the GOAT twice... And if you don't think what he did to Silva the first time (dropping him and then KO'ing him) is as clean as it gets, you are even dumber than I suspect. Silva fought Weidman the exact same way he did everyone else, Weidman was simply better.

The second fight, he dropped him again and then I agree the leg injury was not the best way to win a fight but there were no indications in the second fight that it would go any different than the first.
Dude , first off gastelum is a ww that's nothing to be proud of especially since he almost lost, second how is it a clean win if silva lost cause he was goofing around?

SilvaWeidmanKO.gif

Really? It doesn't get any cleaner than that. I was rooting for Silva in this fight and man it hurt. But whenever he would do that clowning shit I hated it because I knew eventually somebody would make him pay for it. The rematch I get it. But give Weidman his due.
I'm not saying weidman is terrible or anything but it's not like he outworked and beat silva off of skill, silva literally invited it

Never got a clean win over him? Wins don't come much cleaner than his first win over Anderson. Beat the holy fuck out of him on the ground in the first and knocked him clean the fuck out on the feet in the 2nd. Win was clean as it gets.
How is a win when a guy isn't even trying and is messing around and gets koed clean..no skill invoked at all, put any other fighter there and silva could have got koed

Dude , first off gastelum is a ww that's nothing to be proud of especially since he almost lost, second how is it a clean win if silva lost cause he was goofing around?

Because Silva goofed around in every fight.....

How the hell is it a fluke when he pulls that crap consistently?

And it's a clean win because he almost finished him in the first.

Bisping knocking out Rockhold was a fluke, serra knocking out GSP was a fluke.

Weidman dominating and beating up Silva and then finishing him is the definition of "not" a fluke.

And gastelum is a WW? I have news for you, so is the current MW champ "and" the current interim MW champ. So what's your point?

I'm not saying weidman is terrible or anything but it's not like he outworked and beat silva off of skill, silva literally invited it
I, off hand, can't remember the specifics of the fight but someone else mentioned that Weidman almost finished him another time during the fight and basically DID outwork him before the KO. I'm too lazy to go re-watch but what say you if that's true?

I, off hand, can't remember the specifics of the fight but someone else mentioned that Weidman almost finished him another time during the fight and basically DID outwork him before the KO. I'm too lazy to go re-watch but what say you if that's true?
Chael outworked silva mercilessly and lost, weidman could have lost too, the only thing that I'm saying is that it's not impressive to ko a guy who is not even attempting to defend

Chael outworked silva mercilessly and lost, weidman could have lost too, the only thing that I'm saying is that it's not impressive to ko a guy who is not even attempting to defend
I disagree. It was impressive as hell when Anderson successfully clowned...
jpuh7c_jpg.gif

0082_c5kz3.gif

xpnic3_jpg.gif

Equally impressive when someone capitalized and put him to sleep. You can't have it both ways.

Silva was messing around and literally was asking for it, it's not like weidman outworked him and got the ko off of skill

He didn't ask to get knocked out, he was baiting Weidman to come forward, and Chris threw a combo that Silva didn't except (skill). Look at almost all is Silva's KO's are when he is countering someone moving forward on him or he has them scared (after taunting & and countering them)

He beat Andy twice, once before USADA via leg destruction. Defended against Machida and Belfort. Then goes on to get massacred by Rocksalt. Tried to bend the rules against Moose and got punished for it. Never tested positive but did have unusual T:E ratios when USADA was first coming into effect (not an accusation, just trivia).

How would he be remembered among the other middleweights? The best ever? The guy with the funny dad? Something else?
the guy that ended Andy's run.
And maybe "He's still my boy!!"

But that's it IMO.

How is a win when a guy isn't even trying and is messing around and gets koed clean..no skill invoked at all, put any other fighter there and silva could have got koed

Damn. You're dumb as fuck.

Go back and watch the fight and stop listening to Joe Rogan. Silva got the fuck beat out of him on the ground. Bad. He knew after that Weidman was no pillow fisted Chael Sonnen. He got his eyes rolled back in his head with that GnP at least once. Dude got hurt and he knew he couldn't afford to be underneath Weidman on the ground again. So, he did what he could do. He doubled down on his clowning antics to try to entice Weidman to exchange with him. Well, Weidman did. It just didn't work out as he intended.

The guy who knocked Silva out cold then broke his leg forcing him to take roids to recover which lead to him getting busted twice losing his GOAT status.

Basically a GOAT killer.
This, but I believe Silva was a long steroid cheater. I can provide sauce.

“When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva said. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport.”
--- Anderson Silva.

This, but I believe Silva was a long steroid cheater. I can provide sauce.

“When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva said. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport.”
--- Anderson Silva.

I really want to believe that Anderson fought for the majority of his career cleanly, but when you pop twice...

I was honestly willing to give him a pass for that first one coming off of that injury, but this last one? His entire career comes with an asterisk mark IMO.

I really want to believe that Anderson fought for the majority of his career cleanly, but when you pop twice...

I was honestly willing to give him a pass for that first one coming off of that injury, but this last one? His entire career comes with an asterisk mark IMO.
Well, you're naive. But its good you are finally seeing the world for what it is.

Well, you're naive. But its good you are finally seeing the world for what it is.

Honestly, I think the vast majority of fighters have used something at one point or another during their careers. I always have. But, if you're clean when they test you, you're clean. The USADA era just moved those goal posts.

Weidman has the 2nd most MW championship defenses in MMA history (UFC & PRIDE) and was the 2nd longest reigning MW champion in MMA history (UFC & PRIDE). Sounds pretty good.

Honestly, I think the vast majority of fighters have used something at one point or another during their careers. I always have. But, if you're clean when they test you, you're clean. The USADA era just moved those goal posts.
Personally i think a good 85% of fighters used at some point in there career, but only a select few tried to beat the system because they were either champs, or had a lot riding on them winning fights.

KO'ing Anderson is something you can never take away from him. His title reign wasn't anything crazy but it was fun while it lasted.

Back