If Weidman retired tomorrow, what would be his legacy?

A guy that bragged about beating silva twice when he never actually got a clean win against him and then absolutely collapsed under usada.
SilvaWeidmanKO.gif

Really? It doesn't get any cleaner than that. I was rooting for Silva in this fight and man it hurt. But whenever he would do that clowning shit I hated it because I knew eventually somebody would make him pay for it. The rematch I get it. But give Weidman his due.

meh

some random fighter that became champion by fighting a faded anderson and defending against a faded vitor

That wasn't TRT Vitor, funny enough he was forced to pull out of his first scheduled fight with Weidman due to the TRT ban being initialized by Usada.

Since the 2 Weidman fights Silva has gone 1-2-1 along with 2 failed usada test. He didn't look good at all in either Weidman fight as well. I think it's safe to say Silva was far out of his prime in both fights.

Machida is also 1-4 since then as well lol. All 3 of those guys have looked awful since fighting Weidman. They had a foot halfway out the door when they fought him. I would favor a prime version of all 3 of those guys against Weidman.

ur acting like he beat all of em when they were coming off losses - he beat all of em before they went downhill. machida was still solid as hell and was top 5 at 185, so was vitor and so was anderson. only win thats questionable is the 2nd silva fight cuz he won due to injury but he easily won the 1st rd and probably woulda won the fight if it went 5 rounds.

the machida and vitor we saw vs weidman is NOT the same guys we see fighting now - they were clearly better back 3-4 years ago. vitor lost a ton of muscle and has aged and machida's reflexes and speed have declined. when weidman beat both of them were still legit top fighters

The fondest memory I have off Weidman is him having that heavy flow menstration out of the gaping vag Romero opened up on his fat head.

lol Weidman is so underrated by all the deluded Silva fanboys. All you tards saying he beat these "deflated/faded brazilians" were mostly, if not all saying Silva was gonna embarrass Weidman. Any of you that were here said "Weidman will be Silva's easiest defense" bla bla bla and acting like the win means little to nothing. You also were saying Machida was gonna beat his ass and were wrong again. Many of you said TRT Vitor was gonna kick his head off and were wrong again.

Weidman crushed the dreams of so many, thinking their steroid hero Asterisk Silva was never going to be beaten for the rest of his career.

Probably a top 3-5 MW of all time. I'd put Silva and Franklin before him. His title run was solid compared to other champs.

flukiest fighter to ever step into the octagon.

bisping a close second.

Being the most overrated MW Champ in the history of MMA because of the two fluke wins against Anderson Silva.

Guy that triggered a bunch of nerds in this thread.

Being one of the luckiest men in mma. Was at the right place and right time to slaughter old battle worn legends.

Generic American flag waving has-been who crumbled the day USADA walked in the door.

Lol a lot of salt itt, as is to be expected

Chris Weidman will go down as the worst thing to ever happen to Anderson Silva

So Weidman intentionally broke his leg? It wasn't an accident?

Yes. You apparently have never seen a properly checked kick. Notice how Silva’s leg had never snapped in half before?

It’s because nobody’s ever perfectly checked one of his kicks. It’s not like legs always break when kicks are checked, but this is one of the reasons not to throw naked leg kicks without a setup.

Weidman had been practicing checking kicks since the first fight. If you think he unintentionally checked that kick you should just stop watching MMA now.

A guy that bragged about beating silva twice when he never actually got a clean win against him and then absolutely collapsed under usada.

Never got a clean win over him? Wins don't come much cleaner than his first win over Anderson. Beat the holy fuck out of him on the ground in the first and knocked him clean the fuck out on the feet in the 2nd. Win was clean as it gets.

Great fighter. You guys are too hard on him.

Back