If Weidman loses they need to make Silva vs Weidman 3

The UFC wanted to do post USADA Weidman-Anderson 3, but Weidman refused, because he only had 4 (!!) months to prepare, and he didn't want to do it in Brazil... I don't think he will ever accept that third match now. Seems he will find new excuses to avoid it.

Zero interest in that fight.

Weidman still has something to offer the MW division. He can compete with the top guys.

He was taking it to Yoel before that Cuban missile of a knee landed. Same with Moose, until he made a shitty mistake and tried playing the hand game and paid dearly for it.
He did nothing to yoel lmfaoo

I think that would be a terrible fight to make. For Anderson, I don't think he gains much from winning the fight against 0-4 Weidman. Anderson would still be 1-2 against Weidman.
For Weidman, it's very bad because if he beat Anderson, sure it would be good but he already did that twice. IMO, best thing for Weidman would be to take at least 3 months off MMA, just do a bit of cardio and strength training to keep in decent shape. Then he should consider his next move. It would be good for his brain not to take punches.
Then I think the UFC should match him up with somebody top 11-20, not top 10. Let him get a couple of wins against decent competition.

Lol.. Chris ain't losing his job even with a loss dude is a top fighter and former champ.

Every weidman silva fight was fucking weird... in the 1st one Silva is clowning more then we've ever seen him and doing dumb dance moves then gets KOd with his chin up n hands down, then the next one he snaps his leg in a freak accident from a checked kick ( no ur leg doesn't normally SNAP in half from a checked kick, it's rare )

Weidman vs Silva 3 makes sense

If Weidman loses he should fight Thales Leites or Tim Boetsch. Alternatively Chris could fight Bisping, after he loses to Whittaker.

That said I don't think Weidman loses to Gastellum, who should have a size/str disadvantage against Weidman who is bigger and better than Kelvin's past oponents.

*edit: I'd like to see Silva vs Belfort 2.

Weidman would never accept a 3rd Anderson fight. He knows the first 2 fights were flukes. Anderson would TKO Wide and he knows it.

Anderson fans: move on, you lost the title. Conor fans grabbed the most annoying fanbase title and they ain't ever giving it back. You can try and make a comeback, but you are past your primes and Conor fans will always outdo you. Just look back at the good old days when Anderson was king and remember you had your time at the top, but it is time to fade away now...

Anderson fans: move on, you lost the title. Conor fans grabbed the most annoying fanbase title and they ain't ever giving it back. You can try and make a comeback, but you are past your primes and Conor fans will always outdo you. Just look back at the good old days when Anderson was king and remember you had your time at the top, but it is time to fade away now...

Says the Fedor fan. <45>

Says the Fedor fan. <45>
Fedor fans acknowledge his accomplishments and that his time has since moved on. No daily salty-as-fuck threads like this one on a regular basis directed towards Werdum. Or accusing every other fighter in the world for steroids when the guy we're a fan of pops.

Silva will pull his hamstring getting off the stool in Ro1 and be unable to continue.

Weedman 3-0 v Silva

...Rusltemania on sherdog.

Fedor fans acknowledge his accomplishments and that his time has since moved on. No daily salty-as-fuck threads like this one on a regular basis directed towards Werdum. Or accusing every other fighter in the world for steroids when the guy we're a fan of pops.

Yeah. Says 1 person. I think we both know that a majority of both fighters fans are blind nuthuggers. Fedor is my #2 and I make no excuses for his last 7 years, but I'm hardly a blind fool that believes that my compatriots arguments are valid .

Weidman beats him more often than not. Anderson is tailor made for him

Yeah. Says 1 person. I think we both know that a majority of both fighters fans are blind nuthuggers. Fedor is my #2 and I make no excuses for his last 7 years, but I'm hardly a blind fool that believes that my compatriots arguments are valid .
You misunderstand me, I never said Fedor didn't have blind nuthuggers. That is inevitable when you're on top and yes it was annoying as all hell. But they aren't around now, same reason why many blind Anderson nuthuggers are gone now that he's no longer on top (because these people aren't fans of the fighters or the sport, they're fans of living vicariously through someone else/getting internet bragging rights).

I was talking about threads like this. The whining continues YEARS after the fact instead of letting Anderson ride off into the sunset. Like I said, you don't see daily threads made by Fedor fans railing against Werdum endlessly. That + Anderson fans accusing every fighter in the world of steroids when Anderson was the one that popped is what I was saying was annoying.

They can't let another big name middleweight go to Bellator so if Chris loses I think this is the fight to make. The last one ended anticlimactically by freak injury (aka Chris's leg destruction technique that he practices in the gym and executed perfectly in the fight).

We've all seen Chris has cardio problems so who knows what would have happened if Silva didn't mess around in the first fight and get injured in the second.

Tldr: I want to see post USADA Weidman get his ass kicked by the goat

Yup.
No clowning, no freak accidents.
A real fucking fight this time.

lol you just want anderson to avenge his losses against a waning Weidman

That + Anderson fans accusing every fighter in the world of steroids when Anderson was the one that popped is what I was saying was annoying.

We just have to face it. There were many years of the "dark age" in MMA where there wasn't a lot of stuff tested for or at all. Anderson lives to fight, and he rushed his return to the cage by using a substance to heal his broken leg faster. Not to gain any advantage or strength in the fight game, as people like you are suggesting by the context of your comments. Big difference in what Overeem did and what Silva did, and why. I don't see people giving the Reem shit about it daily on here, because he's a likable contender still.

I think Weidman - Silva 3 should be made. Perhaps we'll get an event without showboating or freak broken legs for once.

Let it go guys.

Weidman is simply a far superior fighter than Anderson Silva is or ever was. He's been losing, yes, but to high level fighters that didn't exist during Silva's reign. Rockhold, Yoel and Mousasi would all murk any version of Silva with absolute ease. Anderson was simply never on that level. He took advantage of a terrible division that produced zero talent, that's it. The contenders he fought were mostly mid-low tier and he was probably roided to the grills.

Sometimes it's OK to accept fighters are on different levels.

Last edited:
Back