If the North Korean leader died, what would happen next?

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I suppose it would depend how he died, whether in an accident or assassinated?
Do you know of anyone there in the military that would step in or is that just impossible to know?
Maybe his sister? I wonder if a female leader is acceptable?

On 25 July 2012, North Korean state media reported for the first time that Kim Jong-un is married to Ri Sol-ju (리설주).[142][143] Ri, who appears to be in her early 20s, had been accompanying Kim Jong-un to public appearances for several weeks prior to the announcement.[143] According to a South Korean analyst, Kim Jong-il had hastily arranged the marriage after suffering a stroke in 2008, the two married in 2009, and they had a child in 2010.[144] Dennis Rodman, after visiting in 2013, reported that they had a daughter named Ju-ae.[145][146] However, South Korean sources speculated that they could have many children.[147]

Kim is sometimes accompanied by his younger sister Kim Yo-jong,[16][17] who is said to be instrumental in creating his public image and organising public events for him.[148] According to Kim Yong-hyun, a professor of North Korean studies at Dongguk University in Seoul, and others, the promotion of Kim Yo-jong and others is a sign that "the Kim Jong-un regime has ended its co-existence with the remnants of the previous Kim Jong-il regime by carrying out a generational replacement in the party’s key elite posts".[149][150]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un

I assume the younger sister that got LOTS of media attention at the Olympics would take over

ncjocO3.gif

giphy.gif

25oyzao.gif

Does he have a son of age to lead? I don't think so. It would probably be for the best

Absolutely nothing. Someone else would simply replace him.

That little hottie at the Olympics would probably take over..

I wonder if they will still feel as forced to "weep" if the lineage is destroyed.. I'm sure plenty high up politically/militarily actually hate his ass lol, maybe it would start a revolution. Idk.

I wonder if they will still feel as forced to "weep" if the lineage is destroyed.. I'm sure plenty high up politically/militarily actually hate his ass lol, maybe it would start a revolution. Idk.
Yeah, it'd be interesting.

Yeah, it'd be interesting.

Have you watched any North Korean documentaries? Asking because there's a popular one a friend told me about that shows the crazy common daily life is over there but I can't remember the name of it

Have you watched any North Korean documentaries? Asking because there's a popular one a friend told me about that shows the crazy common daily life is over there but I can't remember the name of it
No I haven't. Let me know if you find it.

Do you know of anyone there in the military that would step in or is that just impossible to know?

The immidiete family might cry then the supporters will cry then he will be burried t

hi squeezewax,

i think they have to do a post mortem. its a tiresome process;

When removing the organs you work in three blocks. The thoracic block contains the throat, tongue, lungs, heart and aorta. Then you have the liver, stomach and pancreas in the second block. The final block includes the kidneys, the remainder of the aorta, bowels, bladder and reproductive organs.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/feb/16/healthandwellbeing.weekend2

its very gruesome, involving Dremel tools and drill bits and lots of scooping motions.

- IGIT

That's old footage from when the grandfather died, and the weeping was genuine, because a whole generation had grown up under his leadership and government brainwashing.

The military takes over dictatorial duties, nothing changes.

The military takes over dictatorial duties, nothing changes.

From my understanding, China is not satisfied with how Kim handles stuff compared to the dad and grandfather.
I am wondering how much influence China has on the military or other high political forces that might be able to oust the Kim regime.

A "peaceful" military coup would probably be the preferred action for China at this point. And it could transform it to a communist regime closer to theirs than Stalin.
Of course just my speculation. I just don't think they are happy with NK at the moment.

Back