If the best fighter in the UFC isn't the baddest man on the planet at the moment, who is?

people fight in the UFC because they like beating the shit out of people and just want to make a quick buck out of it. the difference between boxing and the UFC is that after you drop your opponent to the canvas, you pummel your opponent with brutal repeated punches or elbows to the face/head like a rabid animal well after they are unconscious; only stopping once the referee forces you off of their crumbled corpse.

MMA fighters basically are psychopaths.

Mad boxing fangay detected.

people fight in the UFC because they like beating the shit out of people and just want to make a quick buck out of it. the difference between boxing and the UFC is that after you drop your opponent to the canvas, you pummel your opponent with brutal repeated punches or elbows to the face/head like a rabid animal well after they are unconscious; only stopping once the referee forces you off of their crumbled corpse.

Daniel_Gallemore_vs._Maurice_Jackson_medium.gif

mccullough_alfonso.gif

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

MMA fighters basically are psychopaths.
Those gifs are terrifying.
But you also have guys like this...

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif

Obviously it's rightfully the HW champ, the man who has been training every day, going into the cage and taking out other men 230+ pounds in hand to hand. Other top UFC heavies have a shot and a certain number of large individuals have a good "punchers chance"
but in 100 simulated one on one fights whoever is the current HW champ likely wins the most fights and is thus "the baddest" or at least able to "kick your ass".

These guys don't get it.

They're still armchair quarterbacking that school yard scuffle they lost in 9th grade.

The people who know the answer to this question are already dead.

The baddest man alive is a wraith out of necessity.

1000 rapes? There are computer nerds piloting drones that have killed a 1000 kids in the Middle East, now that's "bad".

People mean in a fair fight. For example it was once Achillies, even though by all accounts Odysseus was the far more "dangerous". (Getting achillies to join with the Greeks, calming drunk rampaging Ajax, thinking of the Trojan horse, tricking and blinding the cyclops, escaping Circe the witch, slaughtering a palace full of his wife's suitors with just his son as backup, etc).

Yeah, if you're just talking about who as an individual is the most dangerous person alive, it's probably some special forces solider or secret service operative, i.e. CIA, Mossad, etc. Tim Kennedy wouldn't be a terrible candidate.
A delta or navy seal or some spec ops. Dudes train like elite athletes are professional gun fighters and most of them train some type of combat sports. They also have the right attitude to just go ahead and fuck your world easily.

1000 rapes? There are computer nerds piloting drones that have killed a 1000 kids in the Middle East, now that's "bad".

People mean in a fair fight. For example it was once Achillies, even though by all accounts Odysseus was the far more "dangerous". (Getting achillies to join with the Greeks, calming drunk rampaging Ajax, thinking of the Trojan horse, tricking and blinding the cyclops, escaping Circe the witch, slaughtering a palace full of his wife's suitors with just his son as backup, etc).
There u go with you school yard scuffles again.

LOL!

Fair fight?

U don't have to re live 9th grade for the rest of your life.

LOL!

Someone like this probably tops the list:

Friedrich-Haarmann.jpg

Not him, but someone like him. A serial killer that goes after men? Bump into him on a stairwell and he'll have a knife on you before you knew what was up.

The German John Wayne Gacy. Great. Half the people at Sherdog could probably take him in a 1-on-1 fight with no weapons.

There u go with you school yard scuffles again.

LOL!

Fair fight?

U don't have to re live 9th grade for the rest of your life.

LOL!

If it's not a fair, one-on-one fight, the discussion is pointless. Serial killer could beat Stipe because he pulls out a knife. But maybe Stipe's firefighter friend sees the blade and blindsides the guy. Now maybe the serial killer has a gun...wait, so does Stipe who likes to conceal carry! The variables are endless.

It isn't like we haven't seen a world champion strong man try MMA before: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mariusz-Pudzianowski-57308

Stipe, or any top HW would wreck shop. I'd favor certain Rugby or American Football players over most strongmen, based on cardio and athleticism, and any high level international wrestlers/BJJ guys, or world champion boxers (at the upper weights) over everyone except the world class MMA HW's (with the BJJ guys and wrestlers dominating the boxers).

I wouldnt mess with Tim Kennedy

1 vs 1 unarmed combat: It's the UFC HW champ until proven otherwise.

That's my feeling as well. Fighting a man that much larger you need to be able to make some space. Plus, there's a big difference between being grabbed and thrown into a cage wall and being thrown into a bar, chairs, a brick wall, whatever.
Size doesn't negate wrestling if the bigger man has no technique, though. Fujita easily outwrestled Bob Sapp and that was before Sapp started throwing matches. And Sapp had at least 120lbs of muscle on Fujita. A quick takedown would put Shaw on his back immediately. And if Shaw somehow gets on top of Stipe, then what? It's not like Shaw suddenly knows subs and Stipe doesn't.

I

I talking about 1 v 1 unarmed combat even with no rules. With weapons my mother could be the most dangerous if she holds a gun at anyone. You're defeating the whole purpose of the thread.
I might have missed it in the op but specifying that you mean 1v1 unarmed combat is a pretty important factor. Without that detail this question could be interpreted very differently.

In that case then the answer is almost certainly the best mma fighter on the planet. Maybe the hw champ, maybe a hw contender, maybe the lhw champ. But it's an mma fighter.

On second thought, i'd like to see any UFC heavyweight try to wrestle with Akgul/Petriashvili...

In hand to hand combat with no weapons? Yes, it's mostly likely the UFC HW champion/contenders. Though Stipe Miocic vs. Brian Shaw in a bar fight would be extremely interesting to watch.
Shaw doesn't really have the killer instinct, he's a pretty sweet guy by all accounts. He also wouldn't have the cardio for longer than 30 seconds of going hard, he's gotten too big to build up his static strength.

Do you think any UFC fighter could beat prime Shaq in street fight?

Back