If the best fighter in the UFC isn't the baddest man on the planet at the moment, who is?

Boxing champion (who has like 8 belts for some reason) would lose to an MMA light heavyweight tbh.
if we are allowed to pick an mma fighter this thread has already been settled, provided weapons arent allowed i guess

Probably. Though Brian Shaw does outweigh him by almost 200 lbs, mostly muscle. That's not nothing. At some level size does matter, especially size tied to athleticism (and strongman competitors are definitely athletes). I think Stipe would probably beat him, but I don't think it would be as easy as you're assuming.
I agree. It would be a long technical fight though.

Yeah, if you're just talking about who as an individual is the most dangerous person alive, it's probably some special forces solider or secret service operative, i.e. CIA, Mossad, etc. Tim Kennedy wouldn't be a terrible candidate.

It's someone that's on a Tier 1 team , like Delta Force or Seal Team 6.

Probably. Though Brian Shaw does outweigh him by almost 200 lbs, mostly muscle. That's not nothing. At some level size does matter, especially size tied to athleticism (and strongman competitors are definitely athletes). I think Stipe would probably beat him, but I don't think it would be as easy as you're assuming.

In a ring type fight Stipe would beat the breaks off of him. In an environment where he can just land shots and move, would probably be pretty easy. However, in a bar fight where there are more enclosed spaces and less room to move where Shaw can really get his hands on him would be a lil tougher.

Best fighter in the world is the F22 Raptor, no contest

In a ring type fight Stipe would beat the breaks off of him. In an environment where he can just land shots and move, would probably be pretty easy. However, in a bar fight where there are more enclosed spaces and less room to move where Shaw can really get his hands on him would be a lil tougher.

That's my feeling as well. Fighting a man that much larger you need to be able to make some space. Plus, there's a big difference between being grabbed and thrown into a cage wall and being thrown into a bar, chairs, a brick wall, whatever.

That's my feeling as well. Fighting a man that much larger you need to be able to make some space. Plus, there's a big difference between being grabbed and thrown into a cage wall and being thrown into a bar, chairs, a brick wall, whatever.
Stipe punches much quicker and he could knock him out with 2 punches.

I thought the obvious answer was Vladimir Putin.

Some UFC fighters, at least from a second hand source, aren't that dangerous. I had a friend who was bouncing in a bar out in Vegas when a couple of them came in together.

They got in a pissing contest with a group of Mexican guys. The UFC dudes were out numbered, and literally told these dumb bastards "you don't know who we are, we will beat all your asses, one at a time."

Evidently the Mexican guys did know. They were able to talk the UFC crew into the idea that they couldn't settle it in the bar and to come out and meet them somewhere around the block (I forget where, it was a park or courtyard or something secluded).

My friend convinced the UFC crew that these guys were not going to have fair, 1v1 fights, but would just knife them as soon as they got out there. The Mexican guys left but the UFC crew stayed in the bar.

Anyway - my point is that the most dangerous bad ass has three qualities -

He possesses an attack that can knock a man out or kill him with one blow.

He can access that attack and use it with so much speed that most people will not even be able to react to it. Some people can unclip and open a knife while swinging it.

He has no inhibitions and is emotionally willing to engage in violence at any time.

Most people, including UFC fighters, can't just go crazy and start trying to kill people without some build up. That hesitation is what will get them killed by a really dangerous person.

Think of it as control. A killer is most dangerous when he is cold and rational. Someone that goes for the kill on a rampage of anger is not more dangerous than someone who can choose moves the meet that situation.

For the record I strongly doubt a HW champ caliber fighter vs an untrained strongman would be even vaguely competitive, regardless of size difference or abnormal context.

Huh. I don't think that's true.
Believe me. Someone that big moves slow and Stipe is very evasive and hits like a truck. Powerlifting does not reallt enhance your chin. Their chin is just like a UFC heavyweight so a 1 punch KO is possible.

Back