If Stipe wins, in your opinion what is the most likely way it´s gonna happen?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If Stipe is gonna win, in your opinion what is the most likely way it´s gonna happen?

Does anybody believe he´s gonna knock out Ngannou on the feet?

Is Stipe gonna put Ngannou away with vicious gnp?
stoppage-vs-overeem1.gif

A stoppage like he got in the Hunt fight?
stoppage-vs-hunt.gif

Or a decision ?
UFC161-NelsonXStipe-rd2-slowmo-1-400-sg.gif

The only way I'd see Stipe winning is by vicious ground and pound.

I'm picking Francis by knockout inside the first though.

Probably by a quick KO just the same as Ngannou but not quite so heavily weighted towards that as with Francis.

tko rd 2-3 after Ngannou gas out?

Stipe actually has a higher KO percentage than Francis.

He throws quick, straight, short punches, with good power on them.

I could see him stunning francis on the feet, and following him to the ground for a GnP stoppage.

That said, I believe his safest path to victory is to mix up his wrestling with his striking - Don't give Ngannou the room to throw those huge haymakers.

As the smaller, maybe quicker fighter he can win a decision by staying out of Francis range and fight a smart fight. He may be able to get a late stoppage from exhausting Francis. He can also win by landing one punch as this is HW and always a viable conclusion.

If Stipe can survive the first 2 rounds, he has a chnace to win by TKO or maybe even a submission.

Francis however could easily KO him in the first two rounds.

Either way, I don't see this going to a decision, I'll be legitimately surprised if it does.

Gas out Francis and get a decision or late stoppage.

Stipe will likely loss to this beast. Then Ngannou will fail USADA test and everyone goes apeshit.

Pretty crazy though how Stipe is on the verge of beating the HW defensees record given the relatively short amount of time he's had the belt.

Stipe can win by simply weathering the storm and getting the big guy tired. Tuck that chin, cover the face, and get Ngannou to the point where he's breathing heavy out of the mouth.

Then, change levels, pepper the big guy with different shots, and then go for the take down when Ngannou is too tired to defend. Finish Francis on the ground.

If Stipe is gonna win, in your opinion what is the most likely way it´s gonna happen?

Does anybody believe he´s gonna knock out Ngannou on the feet?

Is Stipe gonna put Ngannou away with vicious gnp?
stoppage-vs-overeem1.gif

A stoppage like he got in the Hunt fight?
stoppage-vs-hunt.gif

Or a decision ?
UFC161-NelsonXStipe-rd2-slowmo-1-400-sg.gif

I vote for vicious ground and pound. Although a standing KO is definitely possible.

Stipe can win by simply weathering the storm and getting the big guy tired. Tuck that chin, cover the face, and get Ngannou to the point where he's breathing heavy out of the mouth.

Then, change levels, pepper the big guy with different shots, and then go for the take down when Ngannou is too tired to defend. Finish Francis on the ground.
you said it better than i was going to.

Stipe's riding a 5 fight ko streak, and has cleaner boxing than Ngannou. To assume he can't ko him is kinda ridiculous. The safe bet for him, though, is wrestling.

Back