If Stipe beats Ngannou, he is unequivocally the HW GOAT!

You don't see how people can deny it? You really haven't been on Sherdog long, have you.
Haha probably should have realised who my audience was, but what I should have said was 'most rational people'. Sherdog is full of irrational people whose bias prohibits any sort of rational outlook on MMA.

I don't see how people can deny this if Stipe gets past Ngannou. Not only will Stipe be breaking the UFC HW title defence record, but the people he would have beaten to do so is far more impressive than any other HW resume.

I expect a lot of Pride fanboys to launch an attack using the Fedor argument, but objectively speaking Fedor's comp was no where near as good as the guys Stipe has been putting away in his last few fights.

Stipe would crush, and I mean CRUSH any version of Fedor.

Randy say hi

Get past Francis, beat Cain, he's undeniably the GOAT imo

When it comes to resume, objectively speaking Stipe's achievements will have been more impressive than Fedor's. Fedor fought a lot of cans in Pride for the most part.

Yeah, that's why Fedor is still revered as GOAT despite having his last win in 2009 of his 8 years reign. 9 years have passed and MMA fans still call Fedor the HW GOAT and some event MMA GOAT.

Time has passed, FEDOR HW GOAT hasn't changed. Make a poll, and see for yourself.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Below is a list of Fedor and Stipe's best wins side by side. Enjoy

__ Fedor____________________Stipe

1. Nogueira 1________________Werdum
2. Nogueira 3________________Overeem
3. Cro Cop__________________JDS
4. Arlovski___________________Arlovski
5. Sylvia____________________Hunt
6. Herring___________________Nelson
7. Coleman 1________________Gonzaga
8. Hunt_____________________Shane del Rosario
9. Randleman________________Fabio Maldonado
10. Babalu___________________Phil de Fries

Everybody on Fedor's list has either been a UFC/PRIDE champion, or fought in a UFC/PRIDE championship fight.
Stipe's list has Phil de Fries, Fabio Maldonado, and Shane del Rosario as part of his best 10 wins.

Stipe's resume is on par with Overeem's. Which is good, but not top 3 all time. Let alone #1.
Speaking of Overeem, I'll put Overeem and Stipe's best wins beside each other. Reem's beaten everyone Stipe has, excluding himself and Gonzaga.

Reem's Best Wins
*Werdum - Dec
*Hunt - KO
*Arlovski - TKO
*JDS - TKO
*Nelson - Dec
Struve - KO
Mir - Dec
Lesnar - TKO
*Werdum - Dec
*Hunt - Sub
Sergei - TKO
Igor - TKO

Stipe's best wins
*Werdum - KO
Reem - KO
*JDS - TKO
*Arlovski - TKO
*Hunt - TKO
Gonzaga - Dec
*Roy Nelson - Dec

Stipe is closing in on top 5 HW GOAT but he's still behind Fedor, Nog, Werdum, JDS, and Overeem. That's where's at.
Happy to help this thread along

Not with that upright stance. Fedor KO.

knockdown-vs-overeem.gif

213ghgk.jpg
Fedor would not have been able to compete with stipe standing. No way.

On the ground he has a slightly better chance but he could still get manhandled and he probably doesn't get it to the ground anyway. Not a particularly tough match up for Stipe

Yeah, that's why Fedor is still revered as GOAT despite having his last win in 2009 of his 8 years reign. 9 years have passed and MMA fans still call Fedor the HW GOAT and some event MMA GOAT.

Time has passed, FEDOR HW GOAT hasn't changed. Make a poll, and see for yourself.
LOL, all that proves is that people are stupid.

Everybody on Fedor's list has either been a UFC/PRIDE champion, or fought in a UFC/PRIDE championship fight.
Stipe's list has Phil de Fries, Fabio Maldonado, and Shane del Rosario as part of his best 10 wins.

Stipe's resume is on par with Overeem's. Which is good, but not top 3 all time. Let alone #1.
Speaking of Overeem, I'll put Overeem and Stipe's best wins beside each other. Reem's beaten everyone Stipe has, excluding himself and Gonzaga.

Reem's Best Wins
*Werdum - Dec
*Hunt - KO
*Arlovski - TKO
*JDS - TKO
*Nelson - Dec
Struve - KO
Mir - Dec
Lesnar - TKO
*Werdum - Dec
*Hunt - Sub
Sergei - TKO
Igor - TKO

Stipe's best wins
*Werdum - KO
Reem - KO
*JDS - TKO
*Arlovski - TKO
*Hunt - TKO
Gonzaga - Dec
*Roy Nelson - Dec

Stipe is closing in on top 5 HW GOAT but he's still behind Fedor, Nog, Werdum, JDS, and Overeem. That's where's at.
Fedor has more top wins, Stipe has better top wins and in more dominant fashion.

hw goats dont lose to struve
'HW' GOATS don't get knocked out by Middleweights, regardless of prime or not, and 'HW' GOATS most certainly do not lose to Bigfoot Silva LOL.

Ts, NO. A big and clear N O.
I try to avoid using 'never', cause we cant really know.

1 - Including only active fighters, Werdum has a better resume. (Stipe may pass him, we can give him some time and come back on it). Even JDS has a better resume.

2 - someone cant be GOAT 'nominee' after losing to Struve. Really, S T R U V E? No, it cant be. He will need to take a few heads off in other to 'erase' that from his resume.

3 - if we consider retired fighters, LOL at you. How many names you want, 5? 10?

lol struve

Fedor has more top wins, Stipe has better top wins and in more dominant fashion.
Considering Fedor's beaten more #1 and top 5 opponents than Stipe has, what you're saying is inaccurate.
Every objective measuring stick has Stipe outside the top 5 HW GOATs. And he's honestly not even close.

Considering Fedor's beaten more #1 and top 5 opponents than Stipe has, what you're saying is inaccurate.
I'm not going by a subjective ranking, I'm just looking at the fighters

Werdum, Overeem, JDS > Nog, Cro Cop, Arlovski or any other combination of Fedor's wins.

Reem's Best Wins
*Werdum - Dec
*Hunt - KO
*Arlovski - TKO
*JDS - TKO
*Nelson - Dec
Struve - KO
Mir - Dec
Lesnar - TKO
*Werdum - Dec
*Hunt - Sub
Sergei - TKO
Igor - TKO

Stipe's best wins
*Werdum - KO
Reem - KO
*JDS - TKO
*Arlovski - TKO
*Hunt - TKO
Gonzaga - Dec
*Roy Nelson - Dec

when you add ngannou werdum rematch and cain to stipes list it will be better than fedors by far…

Ts, NO. A big and clear N O.
I try to avoid using 'never', cause we cant really know.

1 - Including only active fighters, Werdum has a better resume. (Stipe may pass him, we can give him some time and come back on it). Even JDS has a better resume.

2 - someone cant be GOAT 'nominee' after losing to Struve. Really, S T R U V E? No, it cant be. He will need to take a few heads off in other to 'erase' that from his resume.

3 - if we consider retired fighters, LOL at you. How many names you want, 5? 10?

lol struve
What's funny is people holding the Struve loss against Stipe so much whilst saying Fedor is higher on the all time list

Lmao? Not a ton of logic in that. And Werdum got completely crushed by Stipe IMMEDIATELY following the best performance of Werdum's career

when you add ngannou werdum rematch and cain to stipes list it will be better than fedors by far…
If you add 3 wins that he hasn't had yet, sure. Call me when he's won those 3 fights lol

That's exactly what you're doing. Your creating your own personal subjective rankings system.
You know what I meant, 'the' subjective rankings. A number someone else decided to put on the fighters at a given time compared to the number given to a different fighter at a different time. It means nothing.

I don't believe anyone really thinks Fedor has better wins than Stipe

I don't see how people can deny this if Stipe gets past Ngannou. Not only will Stipe be breaking the UFC HW title defence record, but the people he would have beaten to do so is far more impressive than any other HW resume.

I expect a lot of Pride fanboys to launch an attack using the Fedor argument, but objectively speaking Fedor's comp was no where near as good as the guys Stipe has been putting away in his last few fights.

Stipe would crush, and I mean CRUSH any version of Fedor.
I still dont get why people are so sure Ngannou has a definite victory. I understand everyone ran and hid under the bed after seeing Ngannou knock out Overeem, It was devastating. However I think every HW hits hard and can knock a guy out with one punch. They all hit hard. Francis may hit the hardest but before I can be convinced he can beat a Stipe Miocic who has a body of work/resume thats far more impressive I have to see Ngannou beat Stipe. Beating an over the hill Arlovski and a post USADA Overeem just doesnt seal the deal for me in saying he is a GOAT. C'mon now

Back