If Stephan Bonnar is a HoFer, does Diego deserve to be?

Well I think you need to look at what they did for the sport.

UFC was on hard times then and those 3 really helped with its survival. I mean mask is in it ffs so any fighter that has stepped into the octagon deserves to be in there more.

I get that perspective but it's a Hall of Fame and if there isn't standards(and Bonnar is so far below even pretty lax ones) what's the point of having one? Forrest getting in an acceptable tribute to TUF 1 IMO because he actually won a belt(and in a loaded division) but what's the point of making a hall for the best of the best if fighters like Bonnar and Sanchez get in?

I think putting certain fights in the hall of fame is a respectable approach that doesn't make the HOF a laughingstock while still respecting the contribution these guys made. Wish they had left it to that instead of putting Bonnar in as an individual. Sanchez is more deserving than Bonnar he actually fought for a title but so did most contenders in every division in the promtions history. Just too low of a bar IMO, all for lowering it for special reasons but there's a difference between letting Forrest in and letting Sanchez and Bonnar in. Early TUF will already be well represented enough with Shad and Bisping in like 10 years or so. Letting in Sanchez is just an invitation to put Serra into the HOF because he won TUF and actually won a belt by beating GSP.

Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy Griffin vs. Bonnar. It doesn't make you cool

Bonnar isn't in the hall of fame. His fight with Forrest is.

Diego is "The Ultimate Fighter", he is the textbook definition of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Hall of Famer.

Even without that, he has been actively going through wars in UFC, spread to 12 years. He is the most durable, most toughest motherfucker I have ever seen in my life

To think that first winner of TUF is still actively fighting in UFC... damn

Ken Flo deserves to be in the UFC HOF before Diego and neither really belong there.

Back