If Silva and GSP win their respective fights, is that the next title fight at MW?

of course they will continue to tie up the belt from the real contenders.

I'm a bit torn on this one. If I had to pick I would root for GSP, but I also vividly remember how boring some of his fights were. Sorry race baiters but white people have boring fights too. However(this is where it turns racist), no one has been as boring as Woodley's last two fights. I know I am a Nazi......Why are all the most boring fighters at WW?

1. Ben Askren
  2. Jake Shields
  3. Tyron Woodley
  4. Jon Fitch
The reason I would root for GSP over Bisping is because of the obvious ducking of any actual contender by the Count.
King Mo is at 205. He's worse than all of the fighters you mentioned.

No.

LOL at GSP being scared of Woodly. Never surprised at the stupit shit I read here.
Agreed. GSP trains with Rory MacDonald and he beat Woodley not that long ago. I think GSP is confident he can execute a game-plan to beat Woodley as long as he avoids getting tagged. Woodley has scary power. GSP wrestling game won't work against Woodley, so probably most of the fight standing unless there are some sneaky trips, tosses or sweeps from the clinch...the double or single leg TD won't be available to GSP.

King Mo is at 205. He's worse than all of the fighters you mentioned.

Fair but King Mo has starched a few people, and Tyron has one punched some guys. It's the only reason I put Tyron 3rd and not first after his last two. Askren certainly hasn't, nor Fitch, and GSP has done some decent damage with strikes.

I'm a bit torn on this one. If I had to pick I would root for GSP, but I also vividly remember how boring some of his fights were. Sorry race baiters but white people have boring fights too. However(this is where it turns racist), no one has been as boring as Woodley's last two fights. I know I am a Nazi......Why are all the most boring fighters at WW?

1. Ben Askren
  2. Jake Shields
  3. Tyron Woodley
  4. Jon Fitch
The reason I would root for GSP over Bisping is because of the obvious ducking of any actual contender by the Count.

WW was traditionally the "American" division.

A lot of the best LHW (they called it MW) and HW were in Pride, and they had a strong MW division as well (183, they called it WW).

Miletich and Hughes put 170 on the map.
There was no LW division yet. Strong fighters like GSP, Trigg, Carlos Newton, BJ, and Sherk were also at 170.
Between the UFC's focus on making WW stars, the Unified Rules making wrestling a key part of winning, things went that way for a while. GSP became proficient at MMA wrestling during this time.
MUCH later, exciting fighters like Lawler, Condit, Rory, and Johny Hendricks emerged and changes the composition of the division to some extent. But even so, any WW who wants to make it to the top needs a strong anti-wrestling strategy, at the least, if not a strongly wrestling oriented strategy.

UFC LHW got lucky with Chuck. He prevented the same thing from happening at 205. You had Tito, Couture, and Randleman right there, ready to do the same thing, if Chuck didn't take over.
Chuck's chin cracked eventually, but nobody was ever able to impose TD's, ground control, or cage hugging on him.

GSP won´t fight Woodley, especially after Woodley's last performance, so GSP and Silva win, I believe they would finally make this fight happen. Whittaker is not a big enough name imo.

What do you think about this possibility?
hqdefault.jpg

Thoughts?

This could actually happen at MW lol(although Whittaker is interim champ). Damm the contenders in this division would be PISSED. MW would basically be a legends division at that point.

I already supposed this fight in one of the previous threads about how fucked the mw division is.
Actually makes all the sense in the world:
HHUECoM.jpg

For everyone saying this would be a big money fight, you are living in the past.

Anderson Last headlined at UFC 208, and it was an absolute bomb on PPV, in the low 200k range. The general public cared about him when UFC marketing promoted him as an untouchable champion who lived in the Matrix. That is all long washed away. Nobody is paying attention to Anderson Silva in 2018.

I'm not really convinced Georges will still have big drawing power, but he should do far better than the abysmal average. If he looks great against Bisping, he definitely has a shot at a money fight to follow up.

I just don't see Anderson as being a big draw.

Whittaker earned the next shot.

WW was traditionally the "American" division.

A lot of the best LHW (they called it MW) and HW were in Pride, and they had a strong MW division as well (183, they called it WW).

Miletich and Hughes put 170 on the map.
There was no LW division yet. Strong fighters like GSP, Trigg, Carlos Newton, BJ, and Sherk were also at 170.
Between the UFC's focus on making WW stars, the Unified Rules making wrestling a key part of winning, things went that way for a while. GSP became proficient at MMA wrestling during this time.
MUCH later, exciting fighters like Lawler, Condit, Rory, and Johny Hendricks emerged and changes the composition of the division to some extent. But even so, any WW who wants to make it to the top needs a strong anti-wrestling strategy, at the least, if not a strongly wrestling oriented strategy.

UFC LHW got lucky with Chuck. He prevented the same thing from happening at 205. You had Tito, Couture, and Randleman right there, ready to do the same thing, if Chuck didn't take over.
Chuck's chin cracked eventually, but nobody was ever able to impose TD's, ground control, or cage hugging on him.

That was an unnecessarily long reply to an off key comment, but I feel I have to address it because your reply doesn't make sense. The WW division has been around since 2005 I believe so it has had plenty of time to form it's identity.

First off you just mentioned random things which don't pertain to why so many fighters are boring at WW. Your anti wrestling strategy would seemingly be applicable to all divisions and not just WW. To imply that one person dictates the training strategy of all fighters is a far reach. Chuck fought tons of wrestlers - Tito, Randy, Rashad....etc. The division is also currently controlled by wrestlers. The best two are Jones and DC.

Lightweight Divisions:
The UFC is 155lbs
Shooto is 145lbs
ONE Championship is 156 to 170lbs
Road FC is 154lbs

Those are just random facts but don't mean anything towards what I was discussing.

Why not? Gastelum's no pushover. New owners need money to pay back the interest on the huge loan.

The rational side in me says "no way" this could happen....the side that realizes WME/IMG paid over 4 billion for this joke of an org says "oh shit".

That was an unnecessarily long reply to an off key comment, but I feel I have to address it because your reply doesn't make sense. The WW division has been around since 2005 I believe so it has had plenty of time to form it's identity.

First off you just mentioned random things which don't pertain to why so many fighters are boring at WW. Your anti wrestling strategy would seemingly be applicable to all divisions and not just WW. To imply that one person dictates the training strategy of all fighters is a far reach. Chuck fought tons of wrestlers - Tito, Randy, Rashad....etc. The division is also currently controlled by wrestlers. The best two are Jones and DC.

Lightweight Divisions:
The UFC is 155lbs
Shooto is 145lbs
ONE Championship is 156 to 170lbs
Road FC is 154lbs

Those are just random facts but don't mean anything towards what I was discussing.

I'm sorry.
I was at a work function right before and had a few glasses of wine.

Back