If Rockhold vs Weidman 2 happens, who wins?

Jerry the mouse

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed that most people are keen to see Weidman - Jacare, but honestly I'd rather see Kelvin - Jacare for next title shot (after Yoel) and Luke - Chris.
Some bad blood there, and a nice storyline to it.

Who ya guys got? I'd give Chris a good chance of KOing Luke on the feet this time, hopefully he doesn't throw any wheel kicks either :D

Weidman has lost his power ever since USADA. I think Luke would beat him again.

Rockhold beats him even more decively. Weidmans biggest strength is his wrestling and that is pretty much useless against rockhold. On the feet Luke was piecing him up with kicks as well. Weidmans hand speed isnt really that fast and i dont think he would KO luke.

If Weidman wrestles he loses. If he decides to purely strike, could be competitive. Not saying he would win. Romero, Belfort and Bisping beat him without ever trying to take Luke down because his BJJ is so good

I think Luke's mind cracked after Bisping okiedoked that belt away from him. Chris is in a better state of mind. First fight was close until the goof. I'd take Chris in a rematch.

I think after this loss Luke is done mentally.

I think Luke's mind cracked after Bisping okiedoked that belt away from him. Chris is in a better state of mind. First fight was close until the goof. I'd take Chris in a rematch.

chris is delusional now

rockhold would beat him again

It's such a cliche on sherdog to shit on a guy that just lost, but I think Weidman has a good chance of beating Rockhold. Having seen Rockhold get KO'ed twice since they last fought, I think Weidman would box him aggressively and eventually catch him. The Chris has a good chin and isn't very easy to take down when he doesn't throw dumb kicks that make Chael's backfist against Silva look smooth and technical.

Have to go with Luke, based on shear hatred of duh Crhiz.

The Chris!!! duh Crhiz!!!

i actually believe Weidman just had off night. I think Romero, Whittaker and Weidman are top 3 in division UFC and Mousasi is i think better than half them on any given night but he sadly in bellator.

All them beat prime Anderson silva by the way! Weidman did after all

Last edited:
Rockhold beats him even more decively. Weidmans biggest strength is his wrestling and that is pretty much useless against rockhold. On the feet Luke was piecing him up with kicks as well. Weidmans hand speed isnt really that fast and i dont think he would KO luke.
Weidman can tag him standing up. Rockhold has horrible striking defense. In their first fight, Weidman caught Rockhold with a nice kick to the body and was pressuring Rockhold for a bit. Rockhold gets sloppy when the pressure is on him ala against Branch and Romero. Not to mention Rockhold over extends on his punches which leaves him open to get countered, which can be easy for a long fighter like Weidman.

I think Rockhold is possibly Weidman's toughest fight at MW.

Hard to say where Luke is at now.

Probably another close fight in the first few rounds. I favor Luke but Chris can win if he can get some hands on that chin of Luke.

Fight was competitive on the feet untill Weidman decided to throw a super sloppy kick which Rockhold capitalized of.

I think they both have been broken on the inside for their losses.. Maybe Luke moreso now. Chris has got a bit of momentum back so I'd say I'd go for him this time. Defeating Kelvin is a huuge deal - he was basically the only person in all of Kelvins fights both pro and amatuer/TUF to SOUNDLY defeat him. IF I recall correctly Kelvin only has two other SPLIT dec loses which could have gone either way.

Chris was undefeated and had the title for a while, then got 3 losses in a row BUT they were tough fights. Out of the 3 losses, I can see him avenging this one more likely than the others.

Kind of still hard to call though.

So long as they don't turn this into a points fight/fight cautiously it could be more interesting than the first.

And please, whoever losses, don't make a thousand fucking excuses.

People said the same thing about Weidman after he went 0-3. It's just not true.

Yeah, it's a common thing to say and I myself have said it but REALLY.. these guys ARE professionals and it is what they do for a living so they never quit.

Weidman can tag him standing up. Rockhold has horrible striking defense. In their first fight, Weidman caught Rockhold with a nice kick to the body and was pressuring Rockhold for a bit. Rockhold gets sloppy when the pressure is on him ala against Branch and Romero. Not to mention Rockhold over extends on his punches which leaves him open to get countered, which can be easy for a long fighter like Weidman.

i dont know why he cant get his boxing game sharper it has been years. My guess is he just mentally flusters when pressured and that if he gets caught decently hard (obvious by someone in his weight class or larger) he will get rocked. His chin is why he lost last 3 fights but it not like he has terrible chin.

People said the same thing about Weidman after he went 0-3. It's just not true.

I wonder how he handles this one. he is so good and elite but he did literally get caught again. but not just caught he was being out striked but not horribly.

Back