If Pereira become 3 divisions champ

Being a champion in multiple divisions doesn't make you the greatest, particularly if you never defend the title. Only fighting title fights for over a decade, and undefeated during that span? Now you might have a case.

He would've had a good shot if it was Gane with the title and not Aspinall & Jones

If he beats Aspinwall and Jones back to back, he's in the running. Only a super fight with 235 lb Conor can push him to goat status.

is he the UFC GOAT or at least in the debate?
No, but he can have 3 wives, so one in each of his weight classes. Actually, that would mean he's goat.

there are no shortcuts to greatness. if you want to be the best, you need to beat everyone else, and you need to do it for a very long time. getting 3 belts means you received and won three title shots. that’s very commendable, but at the end of the day we’re talking about 3 fights. that’s not enough to be a “goat” of anything except belt collecting.

No. It does however suggest that right now is perhaps the worst the UFC has been in a long time if some kickboxer can walk in and take three belts.

Which then begs the question - what was the best ever lineup of champs from MW to HW at any one time give or take 12-18 months?

No. It does however suggest that right now is perhaps the worst the UFC has been in a long time if some kickboxer can walk in and take three belts.
No, according to this logic, it’s been bad for a long time because some kickboxer with less accolades came years ago and is now #2 at MW all time.
Not to mention that at some point some karate guy held the belt. Also some random wrestlers.
Years before that it was even worse. There were a bunch of guys who weren’t even champions in other combat sports. Come to think of it, it’s always been bad.

It would be amazing, but I don't think he would be the GOAT in any division he's fought in, nor overall. He is an amazing talent but has been fast tracked for every opportunity. I'd consider him for that title if he worked his way through a few strong contenders on his way to claiming the belts.

Right because beating the GOAT of MMA for the heavyweight title isn’t undeniable

I think that would be fine. I'm a huge Bones fan. But many people ... I'm sure there will be some that make that point in response to your post or this one.

Frankie has to be at least mentioned here.

I'd say he has achieved something that will be very unlikely repeated even if he beats Tom. He beats Jon .. yeah.. for me at least.

But universally. There'll be a question mark there.

So there is no GOAT, since no one has ever seemed invincible? Khabib missed too many fights due to weight issues to be invincible. Passing out in an elevator to keep your belt isn't GOATish.
This all day and night.
/thread

i hope he does fight at HW
fighting tom i hope he wins
so that we could see jones cancel his retirement
then strangle poatan

that would be an added nightmare for jones haters
imagine addin a 3 div champ in hi resume

This all day and night.
/thread
the GOAT
should be the fighter who has the hardest and best resume
wiped out 2 generations of killers
fights the same even if its drug testing era or non drugtesting era

the last sentence is crucial
some fighters looked great in a non drug testing era
but look like trash if there is drug testing

Not even close. I mean, he’s not the best MW, LHW, or HW, but it would be an awesome accomplishment of course. If he defends LHW belt a couple of times and then moves up to HW, wins the belt, and defends a couple of times, he would likely be the GOAT, but that is as likely as Ronda subbing Cain back in the days.

On paper.... I'm a HUGE Alex fan.

But.

To do it now he'd have to beat Aspinal. To do it for real in the UFC it's Jones. But Jones never beat the actual champ. So even that has a small asterisk against it.

He could leave. Join the PFL ... Fight Francis. That would be the only way to make it undeniable.

If he did any of these he'd be out in front for consideration.

But there are a lot of moving parts
Frank was the champ and left jbj is the greatest ufc fighter who ever faught....
if Pereira finished him its huge

Back