If Overeem wins a title, is he the GOAT UFC HW?

I like Overeem but he isn't and never will be the GOAT anything. GOAT's don't get KO'd by Ben Rothwell and Travis Browne.
So I guess fedor can't be GOAT because they don't get koed by MW hendo...

Yes. No one in UFC HW history can come close to Reem if he wins and defends the title 3 times (which would give him the record for most consecutive HW title defenses).

People were so quick to label Werdum GOAT after defeating Cain and doesn't have half the resume Reem has.

Fedor has never fought on the UFC.

My bad. My Fedor man crush just surfaced.. you know how it is :)

As for UFC, I'd go with Cain or Werdum. When they were at their best, they were the fucking best. No if buts or maybe's.

Too bad one of them got beaten by injuries and the other just lost to age.

Tim Sylvia doesn't get enough respect. He is up there, not the best tho.

No

Stop declaring everyone who wins the title briefly a potential GOAT, already

Yeah Fedor fought the best HW's around and didn't get KO'd in 30+ fights. So Overeem is nowhere near being a GOAT dumb ass.
No wonder you are on a double yellow.

Anyway, reading comprehension is hard. Already said that Fedor was the real goat (though this term is overused) but that your logic is weird. Your logic that Overeem couldn't be goat because he fought fights at LHW before doesn't make sense since he won all his titles at Heavyweight. Anyway, I don't consider him HW goat but you could make a case for it purely on paper if he wins UFC gold. Which doesn't make him UFC HW GOAT either. He has not dominated the division and he never will. He's too old for that.

Also your reasoning for Overeem being knocked by Browne and ummm Silva? Fedor has been knocked out by Bigfoot and Henderson. I still consider him to be the best of all time. At HW's everybody gets knocked out sooner or later. The more fights you have, the bigger chance of being knocked.

Simple question!

I hear some people argue that Cain is greatest UFC HW ever ( some even say not only UFC :O ) , based on his performances vs Lesnar and Dos Santos i guess, to me its completely stupid to say a fighter has legendary status if he fought like, 12 times in his entire life.

So based on Overeems dominating performances vs both Lesnar and JDS, ammount of fights he had, overall longevity in MMA, and if he becomes the champ beating Stipe wich i guess isnt that far fetched, is he greatest HW fighter in UFC history?
image.jpeg

If OP was within reach, I would most likely eat his whole head for using the word GOAT.

UFC HW division is like the LHW division from a few years ago. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 has held the title at some point and it switches hands all the time. Which I am not complaining about, it's much more exciting.

Stipe is gonna chin check him and end this hype train.

Btw, there's no other HW god then mighty Fjodor, so let's just end this HW GOAT question quietly. You don't want to upset Fjodor.

So I guess fedor can't be GOAT because they don't get koed by MW

Not really relevant as he got Ko'd towards the back end of his career whereas Overeem has been KO'd consistently throughout his career.

Werdum became the GOAT after submitting Velasquez so he still is?

No wonder you are on a double yellow.

Anyway, reading comprehension is hard. Already said that Fedor was the real goat (though this term is overused) but that your logic is weird. Your logic that Overeem couldn't be goat because he fought fights at LHW before doesn't make sense since he won all his titles at Heavyweight. Anyway, I don't consider him HW goat but you could make a case for it purely on paper if he wins UFC gold. Which doesn't make him UFC HW GOAT either. He has not dominated the division and he never will. He's too old for that.

Also your reasoning for Overeem being knocked by Browne and ummm Silva? Fedor has been knocked out by Bigfoot and Henderson. I still consider him to be the best of all time. At HW's everybody gets knocked out sooner or later. The more fights you have, the bigger chance of being knocked.

You need to learn how to read, Who mentioned LHW Overeem? All of Overeems accomplishments have a huge asterisk against them because of his PED use. His record at HW is distinctly average and the fact that he got Ko'd 3x by a bunch of also rans means that no matter what he does going forward, he'll never be a GOAT.

He will be the only dude to have a title at UFC, Strikeforce and K-1.

He'd need a time machine to fight 'Prime' Pride Fedor and still Fedor fanboys wouldn't agree he is goat.

Remember when Matt Hughes,the ww champ lost to BJ penn who moved up from LW to fight him? no one says Matt Hughes sucks cos that happened.

You have to put things into context , firstly the Lesnar win on for both Velasquez and Overeem was tainted by the fact that Lesnar had diverticulitis and was taking hiatuses from fighting because of it ( Not to mention Overeem was caught with high levels of testosterone in his system ) .

Also it has to be said .... Overeem beat a JDS that hadn't fought in a year and also post Cain beatings.

And also i believe for a champion to be solidified at the best heavyweight in the division one has to defend the title ( which Cain has twice )

In closing of this thread ..... no ... Overeem would have to defend the title 3 X and beat Cain , Fabricio ( again ) and Stipe to be considered beat UFC heavyweight of all time.

Fedor is the GOAT

Last edited:
If a male goat has sex with a female goat, will their offspring be a goat?

Seriously, do we need this thread everyday?

Remember when Matt Hughes,the ww champ lost to BJ penn who moved up from LW to fight him? no one says Matt Hughes sucks cos that happened.

True, but no one says he's the GOAT either

Simple question!

I hear some people argue that Cain is greatest UFC HW ever ( some even say not only UFC :O ) , based on his performances vs Lesnar and Dos Santos i guess, to me its completely stupid to say a fighter has legendary status if he fought like, 12 times in his entire life.

So based on Overeems dominating performances vs both Lesnar and JDS, ammount of fights he had, overall longevity in MMA, and if he becomes the champ beating Stipe wich i guess isnt that far fetched, is he greatest HW fighter in UFC history?

No, he needs title defenses

Back