If Overeem wins a title, is he the GOAT UFC HW?

Simple question!

I hear some people argue that Cain is greatest UFC HW ever ( some even say not only UFC :O ) , based on his performances vs Lesnar and Dos Santos i guess, to me its completely stupid to say a fighter has legendary status if he fought like, 12 times in his entire life.

So based on Overeems dominating performances vs both Lesnar and JDS, ammount of fights he had, overall longevity in MMA, and if he becomes the champ beating Stipe wich i guess isnt that far fetched, is he greatest HW fighter in UFC history?

Four pages and not one "like".

So strange.......

Yeah how could he not be?
K1, Dream, strikenforce and UFC world champion.
No one is eleven close. If anyone, it's randy couture who was champion in multiple weight classes and two time ufc hw world champ and Hall of famer.
As far as skill overrem is by far the GOATV.
There are other GOAt too like fedor is also GOAT. There can be many GOAT

Rogers? LOL, he's not any better than Kimbo.

As for the werdum fight, he did not "beat" werdum, he was given a decision in a fight in which he lost by every objective measurement.

And lets not forget that he was CHEATING! at the time. All those titles and fights should be reversed to NC.

His strikeforce and dream titles were just made up marketing BS. He's never been a champion in MMA or even fought for a real championship.

The once chance he had to actually fight for a real title in MMA (SF GP) he bailed.
You lose all credibility the moment you claim that werdum should have won that fight. Hell, even Werdum himself issued a formal apology for that shitshow. Instant sign of a Reem hater.

Simple question!

I hear some people argue that Cain is greatest UFC HW ever ( some even say not only UFC :O ) , based on his performances vs Lesnar and Dos Santos i guess, to me its completely stupid to say a fighter has legendary status if he fought like, 12 times in his entire life.

So based on Overeems dominating performances vs both Lesnar and JDS, ammount of fights he had, overall longevity in MMA, and if he becomes the champ beating Stipe wich i guess isnt that far fetched, is he greatest HW fighter in UFC history?

In UFC history Cain is better. In MMA and combat sport history Overeem is better. WAY better.

But if Overeem gets the belt and defends it even just a couple of times, he'll have outdone Cain in every way.

Greatest UFC HW is irrelevant since the best guy only managed to defend the title twice? Junior not once? How is he a candidate? Lmao! Than give it to the legend Bas Rutten. HAHAHA!

Overeem won the Strikeforce/Dream/K1 HW titles, so they count. Try to find anyone has accomplished being the best at Boxing (winning a world title) or Kickboxing (winning a world title) and than win the title at the best MMA org and a few other orgs. Anyway, that's purely on paper. Most people know Fedor is the true champ. Fedor beat up a lot of users in the Pride days. :)

On that note, I don't see Overeem become UFC HW Goat. Even if he wins the title, I don't see him being in the game for that much longer.

It's irreleveant? It's the topic of the thread we are posting in! For that reason I want to look at only heavyweight MMA achievements.

My point was that of his 55 fights, he has 19 wins 5 losses and 1 NC as a heavyweight.

Those wins are against the great Michael Knaap, Nikolajus Cilkinas, Paul Buentello, Tae Hyun Lee, Gary Goodridge, Tony Sylvester, James Thompson and Kazuyuki Fujita. (Obviously outside the UFC)

If you take away these eight gentlemen he has 11 wins at heavyweight that matter (I am generous including the at the time very submittable Mark Hunt and Brett Rogers).

He is 1-1 with Werdum and Kharitonov.

He was also viciously knocked out by Ben Rothwell, Travis Browne and Bigfoot.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with all of his titles.... He beat Paul Buentello to become the Strikeforce HW champion and Todd Duffee to become the interim Dream HW champion.

His best performances at heavyweight are against Junior Dos Santos and Brock Lesnar, and those are very good wins.

He is a a scary heavyweight, who at any given day could beat the best. However, he could also on the same day lose to a second tier fighter. His career at heavyweight began outside the UFC beating easier opponents.
----------------------------------

Junior, on the other hand became the UFC heavyweight champion by beating Cain Velasquez and he had to go through some tough opponents to get there. At that point he only had one early career loss on his record. He has beaten Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, Cro Cop, Stefan Struve, Cain Velasquez, Gabriel Gonzaga, Fabricio Werdum, Roy Nelson, Gilbert Yvel, Mark Hunt, Stipe Miocic and Ben Rothwell. (He has beaten the past three heavyweight champions Cain, Werdum and Stipe). Even though he lost to Cain twice, he has more wins in the UFC, due to Cain being inactive and fighting the same opponents again.

Not the goat right now or possibly ever but one of the great fighters of this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back