If Kelvin beats Bisping

you guys are crazy ;)

he just got tapped by Weidman at MW...how is he one or two wins away from a title shot there? Even a win over Bisping doesn't really do much for him when you consider the number of contenders at 185.

as for WW...yeah, right. he's missed weight more than once and he has beaten Hendricks, and...um...?

having said that, the joke that is UFC matchmaking these days...you could both be right - LOL
Mw division has been a joke for years weakest by far

Mw division has been a joke for years weakest by far
20 months ago it was the strongest MW division either ever (in MMA, not just UFC) or at worst since Hendo won the 05 GP.

but Silva & Vitor & Machida lost traction (& fights & tests), Mousasi left, Rockhold took a year and a half off, Romero only fought once and lost, and Souza lost.

OTOH, Whittaker is the one who beat Romero & Souza, so they didn't fall too far.

the top 7 are still great. if they'd done right by Mousasi it would have been even better, but we can't get greedy i suppose.

the only problem is that contenders aren't fighting each other, and there is ample evidence to suggest that began when title shots quit going to those who earned it by beating other contenders.

TLDR: the division is strong, but UFC fucked it all up.

20 months ago it was the strongest MW division either ever (in MMA, not just UFC) or at worst since Hendo won the 05 GP.

but Silva & Vitor & Machida lost traction (& fights & tests), Mousasi left, Rockhold took a year and a half off, Romero only fought once and lost, and Souza lost.

OTOH, Whittaker is the one who beat Romero & Souza, so they didn't fall too far.

the top 7 are still great. if they'd done right by Mousasi it would have been even better, but we can't get greedy i suppose.

the only problem is that contenders aren't fighting each other, and there is ample evidence to suggest that began when title shots quit going to those who earned it by beating other contenders.

TLDR: the division is strong, but UFC fucked it all up.
It got better when Andy lost. He used to pick fights and hold up division

It got better when Andy lost. He used to pick fights and hold up division

the revision of history is strong in you, young jedi.

but he definitely fought less often after 2009 than he did before. most guys do in their mid 30's.

If or most likely when Kelvin beats Bisping, i love kelvin man i think hes a fkn awesome dangerous dangerous guy, ok if/when he wins what type of impact if any does it have on GSP and his " Legacy " after his win over Bisping?

If or most likely when Kelvin beats Bisping, i love kelvin man i think hes a fkn awesome dangerous dangerous guy, ok if/when he wins what type of impact if any does it have on GSP and his " Legacy " after his win over Bisping?
I don't think it really changes the legacy much. Most people know that fight was a between two guys years out of their primes. Nobody will ever consider GSP a legit champ at 185 unless he defends against Whittaker. So it really is completely up to GSP what his legacy is going forward.

Kelvin vs Whittaker for the belt at 185 doesn't sound bad though! Not saying Kelvin is most deserving, just think it's a fun fight and I doubt GSP will in fact defend at 185, but we shall see.

“If”? Bisping is going to sleep.

When fatboy beats Bisping he needs to fix his diet and go make a title run at WW.

How quick can he get a title shot at 170?

Immediate title shot? One win in the division? Two?

I think he just needs to make weight and win one time at 170 and you have to put him in there.
What do you mean “IF”?

Kelvin is to small for the mw division , he is clearly skilled. He was dominating weidman on the feet, but once it hit the floor weidman was to big and clearly dominated.

He landed one strike worth noting in the weidman fight. He won only 15 seconds of that fight...

IF? It's not a matter of if, it's what! What round will he finish him..? You don't finish him you don't sniff title shot, but this new UFC who da f*k knows..?

1. Beating Bisping does not get him close to a title shot in WW or even MW.

2. MW has Rockhold, Romero, Jacare and Weidman all ahead of him. He'll need to go thru atleast two of those fighter to even be considered.

3. He needs to get his ass back to WW ASAP. He's too small for MW and it will show IF he moves up the division.

when kelvin beats bisping one more fight and he should get a title shot imo.

ok, you made me go watch it again. i don't remember it this way, but my memory is not what it used to be. be back in 10 minutes.

EDIT: first round, in 3 minutes he landed about 4 shots, including a huge one that knocked Weidman to the ground. Weidman was doing slightly better in standup until then. most of the round it was Chris being active and definitely the one Kelvin punch was better than the 10 or 12 piddling strikes Chris landed.

EDIT: round 2, about 1.25 minutes of standup. pretty even. still Weidman being a bit more active, Gastelum waiting.

EDIT: round 3 great first minute. Gastelum was knocked down but not hurt much got back up quickly. he was stunned a lot more 30 seconds later, ate about 4 clean shots, but then did that very gif-friendly head movement. very fun first minute. and Gastelum definitely landed a few heavy shots, but Weidman won this minute.

EDIT: next 1.5 minutes of round 3 (before the takedown) Weidman definitely got the better.

TLDR: not only did Kelvin NOT dominate Weidman on the feet, i don't even think he got the better of him. he did once, in the last 15 seconds of round one. Weidman won the majority of the other 5.5 minutes of standing. but thanks for making me to watch - that was fun.
Nice reply.
{<redford}

Kelvin needs a proven ability to make 170 several times consecutively before getting a shot at WW.

Don't listen to critics TS. Gastelum fought a very tough fight with Tyron Woodley. But asking him to make weight is a lot. If he beats Bisping he may as well try to get another win at MW.

1. Beating Bisping does not get him close to a title shot in WW or even MW.

2. MW has Rockhold, Romero, Jacare and Weidman all ahead of him. He'll need to go thru atleast two of those fighter to even be considered.

3. He needs to get his ass back to WW ASAP. He's too small for MW and it will show IF he moves up the division.
And Brunson is ahead of Gastelum too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back