If Kelvin beats Bisping

PerpetualWB

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How quick can he get a title shot at 170?

Immediate title shot? One win in the division? Two?

I think he just needs to make weight and win one time at 170 and you have to put him in there.

I think he's close at Mw with this win maybe one more

under the old model based on merit where a guy who's #9 has to beat a #6 and then a #3 and then gets a title shot?

or the newer model?

if he beats Bisping, he's still not top 5 (in case that was your real question.)

(EDIT: well, never mind, because Bisping is currently #3 behind GSP & Whittaker. so who fucking knows or cares anymore. 185 is a debacle. in a few years maybe it will all settle itself out. but the last 18 months has put the whole thing into a poopshoot.)

Kelvin is to small for the mw division , he is clearly skilled. He was dominating weidman on the feet, but once it hit the floor weidman was to big and clearly dominated.

Kelvin is to small for the mw division , he is clearly skilled. He was dominating weidman on the feet, but once it hit the floor weidman was to big and clearly dominated.

ok, you made me go watch it again. i don't remember it this way, but my memory is not what it used to be. be back in 10 minutes.

EDIT: first round, in 3 minutes he landed about 4 shots, including a huge one that knocked Weidman to the ground. Weidman was doing slightly better in standup until then. most of the round it was Chris being active and definitely the one Kelvin punch was better than the 10 or 12 piddling strikes Chris landed.

EDIT: round 2, about 1.25 minutes of standup. pretty even. still Weidman being a bit more active, Gastelum waiting.

EDIT: round 3 great first minute. Gastelum was knocked down but not hurt much got back up quickly. he was stunned a lot more 30 seconds later, ate about 4 clean shots, but then did that very gif-friendly head movement. very fun first minute. and Gastelum definitely landed a few heavy shots, but Weidman won this minute.

EDIT: next 1.5 minutes of round 3 (before the takedown) Weidman definitely got the better.

TLDR: not only did Kelvin NOT dominate Weidman on the feet, i don't even think he got the better of him. he did once, in the last 15 seconds of round one. Weidman won the majority of the other 5.5 minutes of standing. but thanks for making me to watch - that was fun.

Last edited:
If he beats bisping then he should just stay at middleweight. He will have beaten bisping, Kennedy and Belfort. That is an impressive resume.he has his moment with Weidman too .

He is too unreliable at ww

Last edited:
He'd probably be one away from a title shot. Perhaps he'd fight Romero or Rockhold (both hard opponents). I'd give him a better chance against Romero than Rockhold.

I think he's done at 170 to be honest he's at 185 to stay

ok, you made me go watch it again. i don't remember it this way, but my memory is not what it used to be. be back in 10 minutes.

EDIT: first round, in 3 minutes he landed about 4 shots, including a huge one that knocked Weidman to the ground. Weidman was doing slightly better in standup until then. most of the round it was Chris being active and definitely the one Kelvin punch was better than the 10 or 12 piddling strikes Chris landed.

EDIT: round 2, about 1.25 minutes of standup. pretty even. still Weidman being a bit more active, Gastelum waiting.

EDIT: round 3 great first minute. Gastelum was knocked down but not hurt much got back up quickly. he was stunned a lot more 30 seconds later, ate about 4 clean shots, but then did that very gif-friendly head movement. very fun first minute. and Gastelum definitely landed a few heavy shots, but Weidman won this minute.

EDIT: next 1.5 minutes of round 3 (before the takedown) Weidman definitely got the better.

TLDR: not only did Kelvin NOT dominate Weidman on the feet, i don't even think he got the better of him. he did once, in the last 15 seconds of round one. Weidman won the majority of the other 5.5 minutes of standing. but thanks for making me to watch - that was fun.

We don't need your type on Sherdog.

This is what the manc does best beats good fighters easily
Not really, he had virtual draws with Dolloway, Leites and an older Hendo. He was hurt by Stann. Even Mayhem took the first round in their fight. Bisping rarely cruises to victory.

Not really, he had virtual draws with Dolloway, Leites and an older Hendo. He was hurt by Stann, etc. Bisping rarely cruises to victory.
He gets the nod vs average good guys
usually he loses to every great ighter hendo vitor, Rashad wand

not a fan but he is good at beating average guys

I can agree with that, but minus the Rockhold fight which is an anomaly, I think Kelvin would be his most impressive win. He's one of the best strikers Bisping has ever fought. He's a better wrestler. He's much younger, faster and more powerful. All Bisping has on him is height/reach.

quite true. he's something like 20-1 against non ranked guys, 4-0 against guys ranked 8-12, and 1-6 against guys ranked above that (2-6 if you count A Silva coming off his suspension).

Gastelum is about #10ish.

but Bisping is, as the Beatles say, a little bit older and a little bit slower.

Kelvin has little sense of urgency. almost like OSP (who i think was down 2 rounds to 0 when he KTFO'd Anderson). i just re-watched the fight with Weidman, and he tired out from the ground work (which we all doubt Bisping will do). but usually he doesn't.

so it's Gastelum's patient counters versus Bisping's high volume.

i wouldn't be surprised either way, but i think Gastelum's counters are too fast & hard. so even though i agree with you that Bisping has a history of beating guys like Gastelum, i personally think his streak is about to end. but i wouldn't bet even money on it.

How quick can he get a title shot at 170?

Immediate title shot? One win in the division? Two?

I think he just needs to make weight and win one time at 170 and you have to put him in there.

I think he's close at Mw with this win maybe one more

you guys are crazy ;)

he just got tapped by Weidman at MW...how is he one or two wins away from a title shot there? Even a win over Bisping doesn't really do much for him when you consider the number of contenders at 185.

as for WW...yeah, right. he's missed weight more than once and he has beaten Hendricks, and...um...?

having said that, the joke that is UFC matchmaking these days...you could both be right - LOL

quite true. he's something like 20-1 against non ranked guys, 4-0 against guys ranked 8-12, and 1-6 against guys ranked above that (2-6 if you count A Silva coming off his suspension).

Gastelum is about #10ish.

but Bisping is, as the Beatles say, a little bit older and a little bit slower.

Kelvin has little sense of urgency. almost like OSP (who i think was down 2 rounds to 0 when he KTFO'd Anderson). i just re-watched the fight with Weidman, and he tired out from the ground work (which we all doubt Bisping will do). but usually he doesn't.

so it's Gastelum's patient counters versus Bisping's high volume.

i wouldn't be surprised either way, but i think Gastelum's counters are too fast & hard. so even though i agree with you that Bisping has a history of beating guys like Gastelum, i personally think his streak is about to end. but i wouldn't bet even money on it.

Maybe ..

Kelvin is better than the Miller's stann

I'm English but never liked bisping

Back